Devs completely shoot down Free Trade TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by jeskola, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Angered Augur

I think we can finally admit they just do not have the man power and they are honestly holding on by a thread! Holy left and we honestly have a crew telling us we dont FV and were going to get some sad Mangler clones with boxing and honestly i would guess we wont even get double loot or fast exp. Just be honest you can not CODE a FV TLP or a Free Trade AOC TLP! Its that simple you honestly just cant
  2. topple good idea generator

The amount of idiotic responses to why free trade would be bad is amazing.

If the dev's gave a crap about making a server people would play on, they should put a poll for only subscribed accounts to respond to. Ask how many would be interested in a free trade server and then decide.

If they aren't going to make one then fine, but don't act like the players are stupid and don't really know what we want. "UwU you think you want a free trade server but bwess your heart you reallllly don't and your just too dumb to know better"

I mean how crazy is it for them to assume that its just a few people repeatedly asking? Based on what?

As stated before, there was someone at DBG that came up with Miragul and they invested time and monies into that train wreck. I hope it dawns on someone up there that maybe they don't know what the players want all the time and should ask.

Poll us.
  3. Angered Augur

They wont make a poll because they all ready know if they wanted to print money and make a giant profit in 2020 all they would have to do is simply drop a server with FV or Free Trade! The server would have more players then Phinny it would be a huge success hell you might have to make a second server because to many people would be on it. Think about it you honor the late great Brad by making the most popular and most profitable tlp of all time! its a win for everyone! you make big money, honor a legend and freaking make us happy my god make us happy did you ever think it was possible because it could have been
  4. topple good idea generator

I mean listen, whether we always agree with what DPG does is not important.

We all want them to continue to making money so they keep the game we love afloat. I’m going to buy bags for my accounts if I find the TLP server rules palatable. I’m sure that a significant portion of us arguing on these forums will as well. We all ultimately want the same thing, more Everquest.

I think if their willing to put out a server with unorthodox ruleset such as Miragul, or a boxing server, that’s a good sign then are willing to try something out of the ordinary for them and should be commended.

However, if they aren’t going to make a FV ruleset then that’s fine. But they should respect their players enough to come out and say yea we aren’t going to do that because we don’t want to. To try and spin it as they won’t because people don’t actually want it is disingenuous and a little insulting.
    Zansobar likes this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

That's not how I read it.

I think that they were saying that only a small number of very passionate players are actively asking for it on the forum, but that they are asking for it a lot. Much like how only a handful of PvP players were posting a huge volume of posts.

Passion counts for very little when you require large numbers engaged to make a point.
  6. Sikkun Augur

Probably when they see the same IP’s with 20 accounts making threads asking for the same thing they find it amusing, but not a realistic representation of players.

And they know how many players end up account sharing and don’t want to deal with the crap show of everyone stealing their guild members crap.
    Bullsnooze likes this.
  7. SoandsoForumUser Augur

What? Why make up obvious lies that undercut your entire post? You can get entirely keyed for PoP on 50% RA easily by this point.
  8. Xeris Augur

I wouldn't play an FV type server, I think it's dumb if I can just buy raid in the bazaar. Like ya I can be totally BIS without stepping foot in potime during pop? Sounds terrible.

Also I get that people sell LR to stuff so it effectively accomplishes that, but at least there's a small number that does that and it actually requires some effort... It just feels like not the point of EQ if I can buy this exclusive raid gear from what is essentially a vendor.

Like may as well make random POP vendors just sell raid gear for plat and be done with it. Also don't understand giving gear to your alts. Like, you want an entire server just so your lvl 50 second SK can get a Grimrors BP after you upgrade it? Just get another one by the time you're upgrading that gear it's easily available by just raising and getting the drop again.
  9. Mink Journeyman

Someone must do it!
    Petition of free-trade server have a chance I think, so devs see numbers.
    Anyway them closing other threads in this forum if them think it a poll.
  10. Typucm Elder

Where i lied ? About i leaved Mangler before PoP? Its true, but i was sure i need to be on every raid and if i miss one i will stop in progress like it was last time i play in PoP. If now you can have all flags with 50% RA its nice. But i will not return to Mangler anyway :)
  11. Vack Elder

I think it is a shame that the Dev team has shot down the FV TLP. I am currently playing on Mangler and I would leave for a FV style server. The Dev team really doesn't want to do one which is weird. But maybe the sys op team and the revenue team have different goals and agendas.

They locked down a thread about it asking who would play which is essentially a poll. If you really do not think people would want it put up a poll and be honest and transparent with the results. And show the community that it is not wanted. Because right now you look completely out of touch with the player base.

As a Dev team i know you have your hands full with limited staff but give us a bone. Your customer service is non existent. You can literally show videos of people using third party cheat programs and warping and ghosting and nothing gets done about it. You can show videos of people purposefully training other people and nothing gets done about it. And you better hope the server does not crash in a DZ because you lose your loot AND you have a lockout for a week because the server wont stay stable.

EQ is an awesome game and I have been playing for 21 years. And you are fighting attrition and thewar for subs. Show us that you are right and we are wrong but be honest about it. Put up a poll and see what the community really wants.
    topple likes this.
  12. Bullsnooze Augur

At this point they probably find it annoying.
  13. Rhoulicas Augur

If they do not open an interesting server; I may not be able to get my friends and family to play again this time. How many fippy/corinav/sleeper/mangler clones they going to do? It gets old. I made the change.org. Message me for the link or just google it.
    jeskola likes this.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Your right they won't have to sell loot rights and instead could sell the loot itself and have a wider audience as they are not limited to people online who can make it to the camp.
  15. Zansobar Augur

Yes that's what they are saying about the FV rule set but it's simply not true. That statement is true about the PvP players, however.
    Again they have no answer for why FV is the most populated Live server if not for free trade rules and then on top of that you have multitudes of players from that server posting that is the reason they play there, yet DPG ignores that and tries to claim there is some other reason that FV live is the most populated server.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Well there is a problem with saying FV's Free-Trade ruleset is what makes it super-popular, Brekt.

If it was the Free-Trade ruleset alone that was a cause of FV's popularity then Brekt should be highly populated too, but it isn't.

FV is popular mostly because FV has a high population, but also because the guilds there are successfully recruiting from other servers too & can do so partly due to the Free-Trade ruleset making it so easy for them to gear new recruits.
  17. Qbert Gallifreyan

Meh, that argument doesn't really work for two main reasons. First, FV was a highly-populated and established server before Brekt ever existed. Second, the servers have different rulesets; most notably, FV has a permanent experience bonus whereas Brekt does not. Since the two servers have different rulesets, they cannot be compared directly.

If person X wanted to join a live free-trade server two months ago (prior to the server merger announcement), I would imagine most would choose FV for one or both of those reasons. If two free-trade servers were announced for release on the same date (but one had the permanent experience and the other did not) then you would have a comparison; until then, you do not.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Then why do such a high proportion of the Free-Trade advocates insist upon using that as support for their argument?

It's a bunkum argument with bunkum justification.
  19. Cezz Journeyman

I agree, FV is popular because of the free trade loot rules...
  20. jeskola pheerie

If they launched two Mangler clones today, one with free trade and one without, I believe the free trade server would beat the regular server in population. It is something new and exciting. It would likely have longer legs as well due to being easier to catch up for new and returning players.