Devs completely shoot down Free Trade TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by jeskola, Apr 8, 2020.

1. jeskola pheerie

From the discord AMA

code-zero likes this.
  2. Mithra Augur

Good
    Bullsnooze likes this.
  3. Koniku Elder

The same devs that thought miragul was a good idea
  4. Terses Half Elf Warrior of Tarew Marr

i'd rather a no-trade TLP with increased rare drop rates.
    Zanarnar, Akog and FubarEQ like this.
  5. Mithra Augur

Mangler is doing well, let's just make a copy of it again.
  6. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

This is the weird part to me. This is a real cop out answer - who cares about this? There are probably lots of good reasons not to do a free trade server, but this doesn't even make the top 20.

Besides, there is already 1 free trade server, so if a server really had to be merged or a character really had to transfer off...
    ForumBoss and jeskola like this.
  7. Bullsnooze Augur

I knew it!

The only problem is this now allows the daily thread creators to fine focus on Aradune, Rizlona, and charm. :(
  8. Mrjon3s Augur

Who cares about transfers? Just make it so they can only go to FV if they do open transfers.

Fraud? Meh you guys have so much cheating going on already who cares.

The game loop is still going to happen. People will still raid for gear your just going to have people who usually give up because they don't have the time raiding just buying gear with krono getting them more money.
    Xanathol likes this.
  9. Ghost Of Fippy Augur

“Free trade rulesets bypass the primary game loop, which isn't ideal from a game design PoV.”

Bull. Everything in this game was free trade when it launched in 1999.

It was not until almost a year later they started tagging 'No Drop'. And even 'Lore' did not come along to over a year later.

And being able to leave/merge a server. Cough...cough....Agnarr.
    Thewiz, WaitingforMoreEQ and Xanathol like this.
  10. Zansobar Augur

This does not bode well for the future of this game. Get ready for Coirnav 2.0 (super slow xp).
  11. Piznut Angry Gnome

Wait...only a few people asking for FV rules? Are they really that daft? Is there a reason that FV is the most populated Live server by a large margin? I know almost every member of my guild was planning to transfer to a free trade TLP. To sit around and say that only a few people want it is the pinnacle of ignorance.
  12. ForumBoss Augur

In response to the dev question of why we would want to play there: gameplay is more important than transfer options. Additionally, transfers between tlp are already very restrictive, and I think transfer off to fv (only) should still be allowed for this scenario.

Free trade for me opens up many gameplay loops. More zones are viable to play in , since you can camp nameds sell the loot for stuff you actually do want. If that includes saving up a really long time and buying raid loot because you dont want to raid, I dont see a problem with that. For me it is fun to be able to buy a raid weapon for an alt or something. In other words, there are more ways to be creative in how you play the games and advance your characters, which I think is part of the draw of eq. It is not as much of an "on rails" mmo as others. You can log in, and there are many paths to advancing, not just a fixed quest chain.
  13. Zansobar Augur

They don't think the reason the Live FV server is the most popular has to do with the free trade loot rules...they must think it's something else.
  14. Herodotus Augur

I just chose to take the blue pill. All is well.
  15. Dooby dooby doo Elder

Weird because every single old TLP player I've talked to really wanted FV loot rules... So, I am not sure how the devs came up with their number.

Seems like more of an excuse. The real reason is the 1 true response about their lack of support.

They honestly cannot handle the most blatant cheating/rule breaking, so I understand why they are scared to implement anything like that.

Just a bunch of excuses and then they blame the players saying we don't want it.

Bunch of bull.

At least they let the cat out of the bag now and didn't keep dangling the FV loot carrot on a stick.

We all know the real rulesets are going to suck. The only hope for many people was something DIFFERENT like FV loot...

I bet all they are going to do is put an IP restriction on the truebox server and they'll continue to not run any enforcement in game, as usual.They probably think an IP restriction is a great idea. I'm not sure why they think an IP restriction is a good idea when they refuse to put 1 single competent person in game to monitor cheaters.

They're going to come out with 2 terrible servers, unfortunately.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I don't think it is a cop out at all, more a question back asking if players are willing to accept the same "you can never leave here" limitations FV has along with that Free Trade Ruleset.

So, are you "FV loot rules bois" happy to have your characters locked-in to that server forever?
  17. jeskola pheerie

I am pretty sure the answer is "yes, and this was never going to be an issue, and we are not sure why are you even bringing it up".
  18. Dooby dooby doo Elder

Most these TLPs don't last 2 years... who cares about freakin transfering. It's a cop out...

The server is either great and it never has to be merged... or it sucks and you dont have to worry about it because the server is dead, who cares if it gets merged or not.

I honestly think announcing it was for sure 100% not FV loot... was the worst thing they could do. It killed the hype completely. It was a lot of peoples only hope of a server that isn't either a repeat or some new awful ruleset they decide on.
    topple, ForumBoss and PathToEternity like this.
  19. Cezz Journeyman

This is pretty funny. Either these guys are blatantly lying or they are incredibly dumb/out of touch. Do you want to know what generates fraud? RMT with no trade items. You know what fixes that? Enforcing anti RMT rules or making the items tradable. Which of those two is DPG capable of?

As for people not wanting it... How the f*ck did they come to that conclusion? What data are they basing that claim on? This is literally just them talking out of their when they won't even bother asking what people want.

DPG, you are leaving this game to fall to shambles with your incompetent decision making. You all deserve the unemployment line you will likely soon face. May God have mercy on your stupid, stupid souls.
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You are making an assumption everyone will be fine with being stuck on the server & Absor clearly wasn't making that same assumption.