DEVs : Any plans to make Summon: Sphere of Air targettable ?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Adonhiram, May 16, 2018.

1. Adonhiram Augur

Dear devs,
    The OoW level 67 mage spell Summon: Sphere of Air summons a five charges clicky fix invisibility (3s cast) tradable but lore item.
    It is a bit annoying when you hand out a Sphere of Air to your clerics and warrior friends to have to destroy your own Sphere, open a trade window, make the trade, resummon your own Sphere.
    As a QoL request, I would like to ask you for the spell to become targettable (without removing the lore tag so it won't be possible to stock up on fix invis clicky), so that the item appears on the cursor of the targetted player.

The same change was made to mod rods long long time ago. I hope it is not too much to ask, thank you for reading :)
  2. Nolrog Augur

3. Random newb Augur

There's a level 91 spell that also summons the item and has a different target type, so unfortunately it's probably already a thing but you've just got to wait for the 91 version.
  4. That One Guy Augur

I'm confused and maybe it's because I am not familiar with this item. Why do you have to destroy yours first? Could you just hand yours to that person and then summon yourself a new one?
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

I wondered that, too, but I'm guessing that the one the mage is carrying has some charges depleted and he doesn't want to give one with less than full charges to others.
  6. Adonhiram Augur

Exactly, this. Mages will use the sphere themselves as it saves them a spell slot (their Luclin fix invis is self only) as long one charge is left, and it is better to hand out a full loaded (5 charges) sphere to the person asking for one.

You are right, but that's VoA era, and we can have reasonable doubts that Lockjaw's and Ragefire's population will last that long. It won't break the game to 'modrod' Sphere of Airs already in OoW era. And in VoA era, nobody cares anymore for Spheres of Air (at least I stopped on live one era before, House of Thule, and nobody did, everyone had his own ways, devices, AAs...)
  7. Random newb Augur

Oh I agree with you, now as opposed to voa makes sense. Was just pointing out that since the spell exists it's unlikely.