[DEVS] A plea to Instance either Ragefire or Lockjaw?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tuurgin, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Venthos Augur

I get the distinct feeling you didn't read my post.

You have "no issue with earning what I get" yet cite the absence of some rule that essentially acts out like "Now Stevie, let little Jimmy have a turn at the dragon too. Leave it standing for 18 hours and don't go near it so that then he can get his homework done first."

You have every equal opportunity to earn at the rate and pace as the power guilds. It absolutely is a level playing field. Just admit, as I have, that you do not wish to play at that intensity level. Don't try and dismiss their gameplay as "mean", "not playing nice", or "unfair". It absolutely is 100% fair. I don't know why you have some ethical aversion to admitting you simply don't want to play at a given intensity level.

That's why I'm on Phinigel. I do not want to play at that intensity level, and that's my choice, and instancing affords me the ability to still gain rewards at a lower intensity level. You choose to not play at a given intensity level, but are literally demanding that the power guilds arbitrarily give you raid encounters on a platter so you can get attempts in too because their intensity level is "unfair".

Just admit you don't want to play at that intensity level and want instances to afford you convenience, leave out the accusations of power guilds being mean, and then your point of view is reasonable. Probably never going to happen on RF/LJ, but the viewpoint would be reasonable.
  2. Darth Augur

Actually from his post he seems to dislike the fact members of my guild have in his own words "unintentionally trained him" which means they did nothing wrong, mean, or with intent. And, of course he's mad that they are completing quest turn ins because, they track the mobs in question and are there when they spawn.

Neither is a guild to guild issue. But, rather seems to be he doesn't understand how the game work on the solo/group level at all.

But, what do I know, I'm just an elitist jerk.
  3. Zhutuak Augur

If there was a pnp in force which in turn supported first in force and engagement rules like in years past, I would have no desire for instancing. The sole reason why I desire instancing is the the wild wild west of when you actually do find these rare npcs up and you engage them, you are susceptible to being ks`d, trained or what have you. Hell, I was trained at Arch Magus in lower Guk early on by Dimaa and his crew because he thought I was using one of the ph`s for frenzy as my charmed pet, which I was not. Did not matter how much I explained to him how well I knew the area, was six boxing and knew exactly where my pet was from, he or someone from his group still trained me.

This is the sort of nonsense that the game w/ no pnp breeds. It continues to breed it and quite frankly you are so way off base because I am not here complaining about not getting to engage VS or anything of the sort. I am not nor is the small alliance I am in ready for such an encounter nor are we ready to face motm buffed raid bosses, instances or not. Mini`s w/ motm, no problem, actually Darth and his crew left up Terror when we were in fear and were trained by their groups pulls when they set up right next to us. They killed Draco upon zone in, which I told my group they most likely did us a favor as I am not sure we would be ready for him and his motm buff with most of the crew still in the lower to upper 50`s and without resist gear (I am assuming he aoe fears but it is not listed as a spell in zam db, perhaps there were tons of frogs in that pull that were fearing folks). We are talking about 15+- people here at the time, no more then three groups with my six box being the only 60`s.

So get off your soap box, you have no idea what you are talking about. I am in no rush to engage motm raid buffed bosses.
  4. Tuurgin New Member

I really wish this wouldnt have turned into a personal vendetta between 2 people.

I also wish that a dev would have replied.

Guess that is asking alot
  5. Funk Augur

Join a better guild? Wouldn't be fair to those who don't want it? Did you even read his post?

Please explain how an instance would be unfair to your precious feelings? Would people playing eq in an instance have a negative impact on your game? Absolutely 100% no, so your selfish answer holds no weight at all.

Ohh wait, so you wouldn't be able to hold others back from content and gear? AHA! Now I get it! That's what this is about! Being in a guild of special people who have 18 hours a day for eq, that in addition like to block other people (who have lives) from enjoying the game. Or they can enjoy it, just not with the same "special" gears you have.
  6. Zhutuak Augur

Sorry for having sidetracked your thread, I feel that providing personal accounts as to why I too support instancing for either rf or lj might help the cause, perhaps I am wrong.

The only thing I can think of is to encourage your friends to support this thread, keep it bumped, what have you. I agree, it is a shame they have not addressed it but that is how they do business. If you are saying something they do not like, they will sensor you by deleting your thread or combinging it with another. With that being said, the best bet is for those of us in favor of instancing for rf/lj to continue to let i be know and encourage other to do the same, here in this thread.
  7. Venthos Augur

I mean, I know you're being facetious, but yes, exactly that. Some people have a desire (not me) to compete in most/all video games in anyway they can. These people potentially joined the server under the correct impression that it would not have instances. Therefore, they could compete for the content and get a sense of satisfaction from playing at a higher intensity level than anyone else on the server. It is a completely valid point of view that lines up with how EverQuest was designed and remained for some time pre-instanced expansion content. To just unilaterally dismiss it as invalid because it makes you sad is an extreme level of entitlement on your part.

Me? The socking and racing doesn't do it for me. Therefore, I never even started on RF/LJ or any of the prior TLP servers. Phinny came out and I saw instancing, so I started up. Doesn't make my desires any more or less valid than the competition oriented power guilds. Play within the confines of the server ruleset or don't play at all. Really. I fell under the "then don't play at all" for years until Phinigel released. Play on Phinigel, or accept the competitive nature of RF/LJ.
  8. Zhutuak Augur

As have some suggested, if this is possible, bring it to one and not both. Enable some form of transfers, this way those who want a particular rule set have the opportunity to play within that defined rule set. These suggestions take nothing away from those who want to play within that defined rule set except perhaps the name of the server and or some people they play with as people migrate to their desired server.

I really do not see why people do not understand this. Even if it is not possible to bring to existing server, it would be nice to have a new server with the rule set for those who see the ridiculousness of only allowing boxing via multiple computers when the in game UI has it built in. If its is a new server, then perhaps they could offer a merger for rf & lj, which has obviously been done in the past, just apparently not with tlp`s.
  9. Venthos Augur

Oh god, I forgot you were "that guy" who thinks that EverQuest has explicitly built-in boxing support as opposed to accepting those changes in the game executable as upgrades to modern design and convenience. Yeah, I know an argument from reason is already lost with you before it's started due to your inherit entitled bias that exclusively supports your personal preference and paints every opposing view as irrational.

I'll let you continue to bicker about the "mean guilds" and how you should be able to 18 box in a private zone. I'll sit here comfortable in my confidence that RF/LJ will likely never experience instancing to the degree of Phinigel, and for absolutely good reason. Going to head back to that hilarious "I want 3x the instance raid targets because reasons!" thread.
  10. Zhutuak Augur

It does not really matter if it was the reason or not, the fact that it facilitates boxing, which means makes it easier is a huge convenience for anyone who choose to box. I do not 18 box nor do I use 3rd party programs, I actually make every single key stroke for my balanced group. If we had instancing, you can bet I would be contesting open world npc`s whenever I could.

You just keep making assumptions about other people`s style of play without knowing what you are talking about. Hell, I was contesting the first few isles of sky @50 with my four box when LJ had a rotation, which I was not party to nor did I agree with. Why would I stop contesting open world just because there are instances, I know my limitations and if there is a known griefing boxer or guild poised to dps race me on an encounter, I will most likely just move on. Again, to me if you are first in force to engage, I will give you that opportunity and would hope for the same in return. However with the state of the game, read no pnp, when I see there might be a issue, I would rather just move on.

The only thing an instance changes here is the ability to enjoy content without interruption from those who have no personal pnp and will do anything possible to screw someone else over. This does not mean I would stop contesting or how I contest open world npcs.
  11. Rhiyannon Augur

venth, you and I agree on a lot of stuff... but on this you're just being an ... since you played neither rage nor lock you have no freakin clue some of the garbage that went down. now darth, from my own experience is an okay guy... some of the guildmates not so much and the same goes for a lot of the guilds on the two servers. training, charming, constant harassment etc.. went on and they had nothing to do with raiding, this was in the reg zones. a mage army wiping the zone training it, claiming whole zones for guilds... basically for a while it was "either join them or get nothing". I quit it july when I couldn't even hunt lousy lions in NK for tradeskilling, because someone tagged in a guild with a mage army yelled in ooc that pick and all others were theirs, then proceeding to wipe the zone. afk botting, reported over and over again to both guilds and DGB did nothing, the incident in NK was the final straw for me... they want the bloody servers, they can have them... I now play in peace and despite the crap xp, I don't have to deal with one guild basically claiming a server and running amok.

I might not agree with his other reasons, but on this one I can agree with zhut
    Kittany and Starr like this.
  12. Zhutuak Augur

It is really my only reason, not sure what other I have given besides thinking it might reduce attrition of friends that have come and gone due to all the immature play that is allowed to transpire in game.
  13. Darth Augur

I love you too.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  14. Arderd and Crowd Augur

Can't have everything instanced, people will take in 50 mages on 3rd party programs and start killing everything for resale. It's pretty simple. They have it on the others, because it's a lot harder to solo kill a raid mob on the other one.
  15. Zhutuak Augur

Missed this post.

Actually as I said you were rude to have set up just south of us on the west wall, with your force you could have moved to wherever you wanted, instead you chose right next to us. I am trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, after all you did leave not too long after your train of seven or so npcs hit us.

Deador is the FI in question and the turn in npc is Zordak which has a 24 hour respawn. I sat my cleric there for seven hours not knowing when the last turn in was, much of that time being the only person in Sol B. I saw in my chat window that Deador had come and gone and then at one point, he, Vagtastic and the rest of the non FI boxed crew that I assume he is running were all logged in and at Zordak`s spawn point.

I started a dialogue and found that he was going to attempt to do the turn in, based soley on the fact that he knew when the last turn was w/o respect for the fact that I had been there all day obviously camping the npc. He just could not wait or put the time in himself, he manged to get the turn in while I stepped away from the computer to get a drink.

Now I understand you are okay with this and that is why I consider you a jerk. If you were not ok with it, you would have asked me what the problem was, but you have not. So as I said, you are part of the problem and why I would like to see instances, you have no intention of holding your members responsible for being jerks, hell you have not even apologized for the unintentional (I have to wonder now) train.

I also consider you an elitist jerk because when I asked in /ooc for the FI raid leader to send me a tell your reply was "and who are you?", like it matters. At the time I was the raid leader of our small band, which obviously you really did not care about or you would have simply sent me a tell or asked what I needed instead of implying whatever it is you were implying.

I am sorry, this makes no sense, with instances there is a lock out timer. the raid bosses on all tlps have the same buff not to mention supply and demand dictates that the more a mage army farms something for krono resale, the less the farmed item will be worth in time. In this game there is infinite supply and limited demand and the only time things are really valuable is when the first ones come to auction.

I really am not sure the of the point you are trying to make, not even sure if you know.
  16. Vend New Member

Just to clear something up because you keep insisting we, FI, trained you.

No, we did not train you. We were zoning in to kill Draco since he happened to be spotted up after we were done killing I believe it was VS. Upon zoning in, someone, whether it had been you or your crew, or one of our own, agroed the Draco. Whether it was just prox agro from another mob that chained the Draco agro or what, it happened. No one intentionally trained you, and we did not feel you trained us. We just wrote it off as "things happen".

Now as far as our positioning... Let's think for a moment. Where do most guilds automatically run to upon zoning into PoFear? If you guessed West wall then you guessed correctly! Now on top of the typical, zone in and move to West wall, it was also established Draco was agroed upon us zoning into PoFear. So now, we don't have time to just randomly go position somewhere, we have to buckle down and kill Draco, while having several mobs added in mind you.

After we killed Draco, we began to rez our dead. You kept pulling multiple mobs on top of us while we were rezzing and we had no choice but to kill them since you just continued doing it.

So at the end of the day... Someone agroed Draco, we handled it we had some die, we were stuck rezzing on "your" West wall, all the while you kept pulling mobs on top of us.

Now you can carry on with whatever else it is you're talking about here and stop with the blame game in Fear. Thanks.
  17. Zhutuak Augur

I am not disputing your kill of Draco nor is that the train I am referring to. The train I am referring too happened after this, when both raids were rezzed up and had begun pulling. As I have stated earlier, I am thinking you did us a favor and quite frankly Draco could have been chained to my pull or it could have agroed as you all zoned in, there is no way to tell.

However, once again, what I am talking about happened after this, just to be clear. We had a clean pull in camp and locked down, then all of a sudden we were hit by a fairly large group of npcs that we did not pull. We lost maybe three or four from our raid but we managed through. During this process, there was a FI bard that hung around, may have been charming or assisting in crowd control but as I am mt for the raid as well as a cc and healer, I am really unsure what the bard may have been doing. I know for sure he was not making things worse.

So what happened was both groups were regrouped after your Draco kill and you still proceeded to pull through to the west wall, south of our group. One of your pulls agroed our group because were were engaged. Perhpas you should have been pulling the from the south wall instead so as to not interfere with our raid but your puller chose not to. Once again, you all left shortly after and left up Terror as I had requested so for that I thank you.
  18. Shae'der'lun Journeyman

I just wanted to chime in that I'm in the same boat as the OP. I want instancing and without some artificial restriction on boxing. At this point, there's really no reason not to do so, despite the silly commentary by a few krono farmers (the majority of whom, by the way, went to Phinny).

The only reason I have an account to post with is because I play planetside 2. The other five lay dormant for when either Ragefire/LJ get instancing or when PoP is released and I'm not obligated to stand by an empty spawn point for multiple hours to "play" EQ's high-end game. I've spent way too much time already in Kunark between P99 and RF (almost three years), and I'm not by damn sight leveling yet another character just for this... I guess it was just too heavy a straw for the camel.

By the way, those stating that if you want instanced raiding you should go play WoW or deal with the restrictions on Phinny, that is exactly what I did, except I went for the WoW option. So I'll just say this in the language that DBG understands best:

That's five accounts you're not getting subscription money from unless/until this issue is resolved. It ought to be six, but PS2 is a fun game. A lot of people would come back to your game for this alone, and would remain active players for a long time, because I'm not the only one having this issue (you'd get easily twenty plus accounts from my prior guild alone). At this point, "keeping it old school" is so utterly moot that it's comical, and it's costing you money and customer loyalty for no reason.
    Starr likes this.
  19. Darth Augur

We did not set up south of you, as we zoned in, you trained Dracoliche on us, and we killed it.

Then you demanded for me to whisper you.

So I was snarky, you could have /tell me, and didn't. When you requested we leave Terror up, we did.

The Ragefire thing, you yourself just admitting you were not there. How do you know my member didn't stand there for a minutes waiting for you, then decided to do his turn in?

You don't, you were afk.

There are millions of flavors out in the world, and you chose to be salty.
  20. Jaime Lannister Augur

WTF Darth? It's a Violation of internet policy to post meme text without corresponding pictures.

[IMG]

FTFY
    Rhiyannon likes this.