@DEV - What is the Rizlona Server?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Coirnav, Mar 6, 2019.

1. taliefer Augur

i suppose. but overflow servers have a history of tanking much, much sooner than the originally planned server. it seems more like they are just ready to repeat their past mistakes than anything
  2. Mozza New Member

If them make 3 different servers will be no need of overflow server.
    FV tlp will be great.
  3. taliefer Augur

the conspiracy theorist in me thinks rizlona is some new server they will launch a couple weeks after the 20th. you know, after people have bought their bags and stuff, to try and get people to buy em again on rizlona~
  4. Machentoo Augur

The past mistakes were putting up the overflow servers. In every last case they were in need of being merged in short order. The other past mistake was not merging them when needed.
  5. Machentoo Augur

They will launch two "overflow" servers two weeks in.

One will be just like Selo, but with double Phinny/etc XP rates all the way through the expansions.

The other will be just like Mangler, but with FV loot and no truebox.

All four will crash and burn from population spread, but not before they sell a lot of bags and krono!
    Aneuren likes this.
  6. Typucm Elder

Dont think server like this will "crash and burn from population spread", i will play server with FV loot and AoC till it hit live :)
    ForumBoss likes this.
  7. xakanrn Augur

A FV exp rate server on 2 month unlock would get my money long term
    ForumBoss likes this.
  8. Tukol_Baconfat New Member

I'd play on this server in a heartbeat. 100%.
  9. Lumiens Augur

They don't want to design servers with longevitity in mind. I would imagine the TLP population is so saturated now that 90% at least of the people going to Mangler and Selos have played on previous semi recent TLP servers.
  10. Mozza New Member

But them create Selo, i think them want tlp ppl test live - more ppl play live more will buy new expansions. So them possible want long term server, so why not make server ppl will actually play till live? For me only FV tlp can make me play so long. Them need run second Selo or Mangler but with FV i think, if them really want bring more tlp ppl to last expansion.
  11. Ceffener Augur

TLP bags cost as much as an expansion.
  12. Mozza New Member

True.
    But how long ppl will do phinny clones? 2-3 times, no more, i think. Other games like wow vanila and pantheon coming soon. Them will make some money from this servers start, but what after? Will ppl who want box tlp or fv will wait another year to have server them want? Dont think so.
  13. taliefer Augur

im ready for something different, and ive been on every tlp but sleeper/combine. but not selos which is really just a glorified event server.
  14. Starshape Elder

I think it's 2 overflow servers.

With the first announcement, the only real interest was in Selos, so an overflow (Bootstrutter) makes sense.

Now, with the adjusted exp, Mangler is getting some interest, so a second overflow seems a safe bet.

If they are running reactivation advertising on Facebook etc this could be a bigger launch than normal, so redundancy could make sense.

The no-warning hardcore server would be hilarious though.
  15. Protagonist Tank

My money is on it being a temporary event server.
  16. Tiffy31 Elder

Stormhammer TLP!
    Crayon123 and Thewiz like this.
  17. Koggar.Bertoxxulous Elder

Well, based on the calendar, it looks like Bootstrutter is getting all of the same expansions as Selo, so it probably is an overflow server, although info on Rizlona seems to be a bit slimmer. I kind of hope I'm wrong though, I really do hope these are 2 unique servers with features that set them apart from the crowd, because overflow servers have never, ever worked out well in the past.
  18. Tachyon Augur

That's not exactly true! The Sleeper worked out well for the more casual raiders back in the day.
  19. Machentoo Augur

Err, it was merged pretty early on... I personally wouldn't consider that a success, but then again, it's better than the alternative--if they put up overflow servers with a plan to merge into the main server after the first month, that would probably be ok. But, since they can't actually do server mergers successfully these days, probably not a good idea.
  20. Brovaar Elder

I keep wanting to call it the Rizzo server. Isn't that from the movie Grease? Go grease lightning you're burning up the Crushbone mine. Grease lighting, go grease lighting!