@dev - Time to Modernize Luclin Respawn timers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ViciousEQ, Oct 19, 2021.

1. ViciousEQ Elder

Time to bring Emperor Ssra, Khati Sha, and Cursed Cycle down to 2.5-3.5 days like everything else was adjusted to.

You can do it.
    Tydor_Thornblade likes this.
  2. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

but but.. won't this
    ??
  3. Vanyana New Member

But then again isn't the key quest already made so much easier with today's patch?
    I agree with him, Luclin respawns should be looked at. This is already one of the best expansions, only being held back by archaic spawn timers.
  4. Stormblossom Elder

Certainly the insane reset timer on the grimling war could use a pass...
  5. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Oh, it has been and rightfully so, when you consider TLP speeds these days. Addition of AoC's for getting glowing orbs/rifts and zone-wide potential for shards vs a handful of small camps.

I merely posted that reply because OP went on a rant about the shards becoming zone-wide (making them more accessible and not monopolized by bot/box groups) being a nerf, then comes and asks for Emp spawn reduction.

It's just the general hypocrisy of people on the forums where if it a change is good for them it is a good change, but if it "hurts" them it is bad. They'll find any type of excuse to justify their reasoning. Same with how someone had a thread about potential QoL changes that could be made and so many rough ideas got shot down for "changing my game into something else" while those same people replied favorably to the new "perks" being added.

With Progression servers using the pure TLP model vs voting, I'm much more in favor of reducing all of the mechanics used to slow down progress. I'm especially in favor of it, if they ever decide to release another Progression Server akin to the original two, which unlocked the next xpac as soon as the current content requirements were met. (They should make another one like that IMO).

Heck, I believe that all VoA+ expansions should have lockout timers halved, and pre-VoA should have all loot doubled up (some do). Starting at RoF, overseer collection orbs should be usable in the current expansion up to (but not including) the most recent live expansion... so basically usable starting in RoF up until the Prog server is merged with a live server, but keeping that "not including" portion in case of delays with a merge etc..

If you take 30 mins or so and look over the past decade or more of TLP's the elitist attitude in regards to TLP progression is pretty disgusting. VP key "discussions," VT key "discussions," PoP flagging "discussions," Epic bottlenecks, etc..

TLP's need their own kind of love. Since you're looking at 4 expansions per year (once normalized) there really doesn't need to be bottlenecks and the ability to fully gear up needs to be there. The longer you're stuck gaining zone access, the less gear you get before the next expansion and the further you fall behind. So I'm not against OP's suggestion, just calling him out for complaining about shards being more obtainable then coming back a week later and asking for the planar rift boss to be more accessible.
  6. Iyacc Augur

Just a point of view from all of those who went through Selo for a while - half lockouts aren't as fun as they sound. People end up burning out much faster since you can do the better raids more often. The alternative that many of us talked about was double loots. This way you can still raid more varied targets and see more drops and not get as bored as quickly.

This server is giving everyone who wants to participate and put some thought into it more of the "good stuff" without having to raid the same couple of targets 3 times a week. For most people - faster lockouts on the long term won't work out like you think it will. You'll just have people taking breaks in between expenasions or raid logging at a quicker point in each expansion.

Just my .02
    Kakgumu likes this.
  7. Vanyana New Member

And yet raid loggers will disappear more with longer spawn times. There are many types of players. A portion of them like OW raid Content. I'd rather pluck my eyes out than to sit in the same zone every day for xp or to do trades skills. I play this game primarily because I like to raid and like the mechanics of my preferred class. So if I am online and not raiding. I am always pushing boundaries trying something new or off the beaten path.

As far as the VT key goes, I actually like the classic shard farming and dread the patch today. It's not like rifts were hard to obtain anyway. And after a week will rot every raid.
  8. Gheed Is not reading your response

PLEASE MAKE GAME EASIER MAKE RAID MORE OFTEN NEED MORE LOOT PLEASE DEV
  9. odesian New Member

TLDR - They cant make krono blocking shards, they want to make krono on faster kills.