@Dev: Summon Range needs to be icreased on all MoTM mobs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ForumAccount, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Demetri Augur

EQAnon strikes again!
    Duder and Skuz like this.
  2. Bullsnooze Augur

#EQAnon, for updates on EQ conspiracy theories!
  3. taliefer Augur

There was video evidence of this not being the case. There is absolutely a range on the summon. the NTOV exploit i mentioned had video of a mage simply sending the pet in to attack and build agro, moving far enough away to get not get summoned but remain in agro range while the rest of their raid killed the dragon. This has sense been fixed for NTOV, but not for other mobs it seems.

you can still easily find the reddit threads about it.
    Demetri likes this.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

MOTM mobs use a different spell to summon players than other mobs? MOTM mobs don't chase players that are at the top of the hate list? What was said makes no sense at all that a mob would sit there and do nothing because the most hated target isn't in range. What I responded to was talking about it as a rumor that they heard from others not something that they know about and could reproduce.

It seems to me that if you can reproduce a mob that just stands in place and doesn't do anything as players kill it you should be reporting this to the devs with the steps to reproduce it. But honestly I don't see how the MOTM buff will change mob behavior and do nothing as they get killed.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Why not pass this information on to the devs so it can be fixed?
  6. bardybard Augur

He's talking about perma rooted mobs in NToV
    There aren't any perma rooted mobs like that in Kunark if my memory serves me right
  7. taliefer Augur

is there some reason you think it hasnt been? These forums have been proven to work to get dev attention to fix exploits, in addition to reports. see the above mentioned NTOV mage exploit. it got fixed shortly after a thread similar to this one was posted.
  8. taliefer Augur

I was. he claimed a mob can summon a player from anywhere in the zone. I provided an example of that not being the case. summoning has a range on it. wether a mob is perma rooted or not doesnt effect summon range.

mobs arent perma rooted in kunark, but for example have you ever ran in a circle a short distance away while pulling naggy or vox? the dragon will never catch you. this is pretty well known on TLPs and used to build agro before engage.
  9. Demetri Augur

Not sure WHY the summon range thing occurs - but for the rest it's because MOTM has a mechanic to prevent pet-walling like happened at first with MOTM where pets would be thrown up endlessly to tank them, where the pets literally GET ZERO AGGRO AND ALL AGGRO GOES TO THE OWNER.

Which with the weirdness of the summoning range being limited in AoC DZs or whatever (perhaps a limitation put in place to make them less hardware intensive? shrug... Or since they place the DZ spawn-ins midway in most of the zones making it so that people don't risk zoning in and getting immediately summoned) though it provides an issue with both together.

So what happens is there because the pet owner has the aggro from what the pet is generating... it's actually being held far from the mob itself. Can't be done without pets with any current method to my knowledge.
  10. Wulfhere Augur

Easy to extrapolate how it might work. Mage pet tanking. Mage out of summon range. Group kills mob. Loots.
  11. Demetri Augur

There aren't - that just makes it more difficult, not impossible.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Are we talking perma rooted mobs here or are we talking about a mob that just refuses to move? I am still confused as to what exact situation is being discussed here.
  13. Demetri Augur

Mobs in AoC DZs will stop pursuit at a shorter range than typical. It's still relatively long though.
  14. Bullsnooze Augur

1 - Summon Range aggro building and killing.
    2 - Mage Pet aggro generation and range aggro transfer on 'perma' rooted raid bosses. (Used to be done in NToV)

OP is posting about #1 and referencing #2. AFAICT (can tell), everyone else is doing the same?
  15. Xeris Augur

post a video of someone doing this or it didn't happen!
  16. Loxias New Member

This video is from Phinigel, of my mage. I have a single bug in the database, where I spelled out for the devs the exact mechanics of this issues, and how it was being abused. I also included a fairly comprehensive guide on how they should go about fixing this issue, from a player's viewpoint, as to not leave any holes that could easily be abused. They chose to be lazy with the fix (rooted raid bosses have infinite summon range being the main thing) and left open other ways to continue using the exploit. I haven't played on a TLP in a few years, but when I checked the mechanics on the Mischief servers, nothing further appears to have changed in the last 5 years since the original fix. It certainly seems that it is working as intended now.
    Demetri likes this.