DEV plz we need rules

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by tokool, Jul 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tokool New Member

NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  2. Machentoo Augur

They aren't going to answer you. What's posted is as clear as it gets. Beyond that, we just get to learn by anecdotal evidence what is going to be enforced and what won't be.
  3. taliefer Augur

good luck.

sure would be nice to know the answer, but they arent going to give any. they would then have to enforce those rules, and they arent interested in and/or able to do so.

the gist of it i've gotten from reading the forums for years is basically anything goes as long as you arent AFK playing the game, even if you are using the in game tools to do so (mercs on servers where they are active)
  4. Machentoo Augur

The ones who keep posting the video after having it removed from these forums multiple times? You are correct, that's a pretty clear violation and anecdotally, one rule we know they will enforce.
  5. Fumi-chan Augur

There sure has been a lot of sweeping around the forums lately. Didn't realize the place needed such a diligent scrubbing.
  6. That0neguy Augur

Last I checked Developers don't make the rules. The business does.
  7. Random newb Augur

New tlp idea number 20billion, a tlp with a pnp policy and dedicated gms to enforce.
    Critt likes this.
  8. Davo The Bard

Apologies if this had been posted and removed before .. I was not aware.

I am somewhat puzzled however as to why this post would be removed? ... in my post I didn't name and shame anyone ... I didn't treat anyone in a derogatory manner or disparage any players. There is a link to a video that shows some behavior and included in the video is the player names of many EQ account holders. I did view this video and posted my opinion on its content.

If the behavior in the footage by all players is OK, they no one has been shamed.

If the behavior in the footage by all players is not OK, then action should be taken. Censoring the messenger would not appear to be an action that discourages similar behavior.

Disclaimer: This is not my video ... I am not a member of either guild pictured in this video. I was not encouraged by any members of either guild to post this video. Has this video been doctored or created artificially or edited to remove context? Each viewer can make up their own mind on the veracity of the content.

Davo
    The Bard
  9. Machentoo Augur

Your post hasn't yet been removed (it will) but the original post in which this video appeared absolutely did name and shame people involved. As well as the subsequent 2-3 postings which were also deleted.

Methinks thou dost protest too much, New Member.
  10. Critt Augur

Sorry but when you a post a video that clearly shows someone griefing others naming and shaming if shame can even exist in this instance is perfectly legit regardless of the forum "rules" Since DBG doesn't see fit to do anything about it why should we follow their rules?
  11. snailish Augur

Hear no evil. See no evil. Speak no evil.

Dem's the rules.

--an Ogre philospher
  12. Hateseeker Augur

EQ TLP has been thrown to the wolves. All I can say is that if any of you are hoping Pantheon will be better, you'd better get to the Pantheon reddit or forums and add your voice. Maybe even share your stories. A lot of the folks over there haven't played EQ since 1999-2002 and think a new game will turn out like those days.
  13. Bolten_DA Augur

Here are the rules for you new guys....

Rule Number 1 - Don't bot afk in places where you will be reported
    Rule Number 2 - Don't exploit the game, and get caught.
    Rule Number 3 - I'm not even sure if rule number 1-2 are heavily enforced.

It is what it is.
    Suggestion - DO NOT TRY TO TANK VS in the pit. Pull VS to the zone in and DPS race. This has happened twice. Learn and adapt.
  14. Critt Augur

WTF does your suggestion do to mitigate someone taunting VS to turn him for life taps? Doesn't matter if it's in the PIt or the zone in, if lameduckguild001 had the people to dps race they would have raced, they was obviously not there with a raid force or they wouldn't have needed to grief the the guild that was....
  15. Risiko Augur

*** Deleted ***

I don't care enough about EQ anymore to get a suspension today.
  16. Bolten_DA Augur

At the entrance you have a wall to hide caster/healers behind. Second, you can bind outside. I'm just saying this pit taunt tactic was used twice. Both guilds lost trying to fight in the pit. I don't agree with the grieving, but it is what it is. In my opinion you have a better chance pulling to zone in. That or wait for IR to pull and then dps race.
  17. tokool New Member

as a global question .... not entering the Vs fight thing ..... is healing and debuffing race considered like dps race in EQ asking the dev ( continuing with my original post ) I've only been asking rules right?
  18. Darchon_Xegony Augur

So I’m not sure if you guys are familiar with this...

But on the Coirnav Server there are Agents of Change. These Agents of Change will offer you a temporary instance zone with these raid mobs you are currently killing. Only your raid may enter these temporary zones. Once you defeat the raid mob you may return to the instance a week later to repeat the kill.

No rules are needed. Use the AoCs. If scumbaggery in open world turns you off, stop showing up to it.
    That0neguy and Bolten_DA like this.
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

It's hard enough to get DBG to answer a question without posting gibberish. You want to try again?
  20. Hateseeker Augur

Are you looking forward to Pantheon? I was serious, that's in danger of being just like EQ TLP. I'd say get over to the reddit and speak out if you are.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.