@dev Please allow Glowing Gem of Stone to fit into ranger bows

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Killaas_FV, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Killaas_FV New Member

Currently, Glowing gem of Stone only fits into Primary and Secondary. Rangers are bowing 99% of the time now. Is there any chance you could allow them into bows so we can actually use the aug? Still using TDS augs makes me a sad panda. Thanks![IMG]
    Ambition and Jhenna_BB like this.
  2. Frael Elder

3. Fohpo Augur

4. Frael Elder

I got the point. I was saying there's a better aug than the TDS ones that made him a sad panda. Sorry for trying to be helpful.
  5. svann Augur

Fohpo likes this.
  6. Thraine Augur

actually theres not, those TDS augs parse out better than just straight dmg for rangers

we are still using a quiver from like 10 years ago arrows from 5 years ago ... we are used to this treatment :)
    Frael and Yinla like this.
  7. roth Augur

I’m not convinced that’s the case outside of Imbued Ferocity. But, that’s not why I avoid proc augs for my bow.

I don’t want the proc to break root. Its that simple.
  8. Moege Augur

It doesn't matter anymore, arrow hits now also have a chance to break root.
  9. roth Augur

They do indeed. And that’s frustrating enough. Don’t need procs adding to it.
  10. Thraine Augur

i group with a tank most of the time now a days so i have the luxury of not having to worry about roots anymore and i can focus on max DPS .. and yeah ive parsed the augs many times with and without imbued ferocity, TDS augs ftw ;)
  11. Fohpo Augur

But there isn't a better aug, your information is wrong - which was my point.
  12. Evye Augur

Agree 100%
    We are losing dps because no new bow augs in sometime.
    All those neat unlockable augs but nothing great for bowing :(
  13. Frael Elder

You didn't have a point. You just posted a childish meme to try and make me look stupid. I don't need your help to do that, thanks.

But ok, maybe my information was wrong, or flawed at best, but after checking the highest ranked rangers on magelo, opinion seems divided between the highest damage augs and augs with procs. It's a personal choice, I guess, for many different reasons.

I'm not saying rangers shouldn't get better bow augs, I was offering an option within the realms of current possibilities that I thought he might not have known about (wrong, of course). Maybe that went over your head.
    Nolrog likes this.
  14. Fohpo Augur

I'd love to see logs of the top 10 on Magelo compared to Killaas, just going to throw it out there but Magelo shouldn't be your go-to for proving a debate over parsing.
  15. Frael Elder

This wasn't a debate about parsing, but for checking on gear options, magelo profiles of people top in their class should be a decent indication of what the best options are.
  16. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Just make a headshot bow with no procs and use a Dex aug in it
    Thraine and Andarriel like this.
  17. Fohpo Augur

Wouldn't parsing be just as viable if we're discussing gear options? After all, the purpose of a ranger is to do damage and provide aDPS... but if we want to stick with Magelo, we can do that too. ~20% of the top 10 are using an Obulus secondary, must mean it's a poor choice.
  18. roth Augur

Who said anything about Headshot? We’re rangers. Archery is one of our tools, and headshot is merely one of the tricks we can pull off with that tool. Its not the only use for the tool. Things that break root make archery, especially when that root is the crowd control, riskier.

Solo the final four mobs in Fight Fire and tell me how much you like the root breakage.
  19. Funk Augur

There is absolutely no reason not to have the aug flagged for Range. Make it happen Captain.
  20. kizant Augur

It's not though. People pad their stats with things don't use or you have people focusing on things that don't matter because they don't know any better.
    Fohpo likes this.