@Dev - Coirnav: Luclin Launch on Thanksgiving Eve

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Coirnav, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Coirnav Augur

Any chance we can change the date of the Luclin Launch to something other than the night before a major US Holiday?

I know the Phinigel troll army will be here in support of the expansion launching then, but I'm not sure our families will all appreciate that...the players..or Daybreak employee's ;)
  2. That0neguy Augur

Nope! Can't stop the machine. You are just a cog in the wheel, get used to it.
  3. Coirnav Augur

You are now last on the list for Bloodfrenzy!
  4. Motrax Journeyman

Does it really matter?

As an Australian I don't understand the big deal about this since we don't have anything to compare it to, but I'll compare it to Christmas I guess. How exactly would your family not appreciate it launching? I'm trying to understand what you mean. Would you be sleep deprived because you had to be up for it and thus in poor condition to spend time with your family? If so, why not just not play until the following day?
    Protocol likes this.
  5. Crayon123 Augur

Pull an all nighter the night before and your families will never forgive you.
  6. Malbojia New Member

I'll be out of town for the holiday and I'm sure others will be too : (

Would be nice if the date wasn't on top of a national holiday
  7. Motrax Journeyman

I did not consider people going away on Holiday. Yeah, I suppose that could impact it pretty heavily.

I don't think it'll matter to anyone outside the US if it gets pushed later, assuming nobody has booked leave from work for it or something.
  8. That0neguy Augur

I'd actually appreciate it if some of my family pulled an all nighter or didnt show up to thanksigiving.
    Accipiter likes this.
  9. Ryochan New Member

Not on a holiday would be good.
  10. DarkIslandia New Member

LOL you guys make me laugh...we are upset about it launching a day before an national holiday?? LOLz are you that anxious to grind AAs? make a new cat character? or is it because no one will be on so y'all can't be the first at the new raid targets? =P Geez..silly peeps =P
  11. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

+1 please push the release until January 15th.
  12. NoWay Augur

Haters gonna hate.
    DarkIslandia likes this.
  13. Malik_Fippy Journeyman

Not to be the jerk of the post topic, but quite frankly Thanksgiving Holiday is a joke. It didn't used to be but in this day and age, frankly its just another day. Stores are open, heck Black Friday is not even black friday anymore, its on Thanksgiving night now. So all in all, sucks but it will happen.
  14. Stramgar New Member

Don't call raids until the day after thanksgiving. Problem solved. Nobody is forcing you to play through the holiday.
  15. Protocol Dragon Defender

Just wait until after Thanksgiving to play, Luclin will still be around.
  16. Rainlover Augur

LOL . Me too... me too..
  17. Stramgar New Member

Remember that time a Lockjaw guild pulled two all nighters to rush through luclin then spammed everyboard they could find with their "fastest luclin clear of all time" accomplishment? Only to discover they read the time zones wrong and weren't actually the fastest? Man that was some comedy gold. What guild was that? Anyone remember?
  18. Protocol Dragon Defender

I do, and I remember that guild that actually did it on Agnarr and didn't bother posting about it.

I remember it not being a holiday on both occasions which is why it's not relevent to this thread.
  19. That0neguy Augur

And it looks like POP launches on Feb 13th. I am sure that will go over real well with some people.
  20. Stramgar New Member

Very little overlap between "people busy on feb 14" and "people rushing EQ expansions", so not a big concern.