Delving into Frostcrypt, the way is blocked to you

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Metanis Bad Company

As of the time I'm writing this I see 17 people have Liked Absor's pithy response post. There is nothing like creating an environment where failure is rewarded. Every single 18th mission/quest was borked in some fashion and at least one continues to be borked and the response here is to cheer the cruddy workmanship? Awesome incentive system you folks are creating here. Absor and the entire EQ team should be on this board apologizing and not taking cheap shots at the customers.
  2. Addikeys Elder

Absor said "You are correct to be angry with us for the errors over the last week." That doesn't seem like shirking responsibility. Additionally, they seem to be actively trying to fix this bonus content. I'm eager to play it as well, but it hardly seems worthy of some of the rants in this thread.

Calling out a jerk who attacked a customer and volunteer ["you are also responsible for something I paid for not working. Since you "tested" it. My advise (sic) to you, since you're give it to me, learn to test better."] is commendable. I would hope a dev would defend me if I were attacked by someone so classless. Jalelorf is a gutless whiner pouting about bonus content that has been live for a handful of days. Defending that behavior is misguided. It deserves to be called out. Most players don't take the time to improve the game by testing content. Players like Gyurika should be commended, not ridiculed by jerks.
    Tour, Ishtass, Kajira and 6 others like this.
  3. Minato Augur

they are ALWAYS under fire... should check these boards more often
    Ishtass likes this.
  4. SonOfABiscuit Augur

/Agree with Absor. Get a frikin' life, it's just a game. Yah, you might pay a fee for it, but that's on you. That's how capitalism works... don't like it? don't buy it. So, going back to my earlier point, get a frikin' life.
    Ishtass and CatsPaws like this.
  5. Vdidar Augur

it works just not well
  6. Elricvonclief Augur

Absor Smash! :D

Apparently even works on forum trolls! :p
    Ishtass and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  7. segap Augur

I'm one of those that liked it. He defended a player that took his own time to help test while also taking responsibility for the bugs.

I'm in no way cheering the bugginess. I was appreciate of him taking ownership and telling someone to back off of those that actually take time to try to help on the test server (of which I am not one).
  8. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Nah I wasn't taking credit or blame for the bugs. I was saying we worked with the dev (Kethiir) to fix the original bugs that were causing the mission to not function properly on Test. In fixing those bugs Kethiir or whoever else may have been involved in it found or created more bugs unintentionally.

Just one of those "pull the thread on this old sweater to see how far it goes" and then the sweater falls apart things. It's not like Absor, Kethiir and the devs made the mission not function on purpose and that they aren't trying to fix the issue(s).

It is what it is and getting mad and ranting on here isn't going to change that is what I was getting at in my response to Jaledorf but he didn't understand or chose to keep the negativity going instead.
  9. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

These type of things happen unfortunately. However most of us who have played this game a while know that without people helping testing out content either through beta or on test and providing the developers with feedback, bugs get pushed out the door. This is why it is vital that we have an active community during beta on expansions and on the test server going through new content. I encourage my guild mates both on live and on progression servers to get on the test server and figure out the content and report bugs. If there is anything I can do on Allakhazam to help spread the word, just let me know.

Daybreak doesn't have the big development team and QA department they used to with SOE. It's up to us volunteers to help keep this game alive and kicking so take a step back and think about the big picture here before you start pointing fingers. The developers still care about this game, hell they hired on more people to the EQ team recently, I think that's a damn good sign Daybreak hasn't given up on the game. I feel more optimistic about this game now than I have in the past few years. Just look at where we were when Sony sold Daybreak and look at where we are now as far as how well polished Empires of Kunark was when it was released.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. Jalelorf Augur

You sir, should be ashamed of the crappy product you keep putting out.

I get tired of the people who keep defending you and the mistakes you continue to make.
  11. Cleaver Augur

The responses in this thread really make me sad. Is it really too much to ask that the content we pay for works before they release it ? Ask yourself how long would it of taken any of you to find out the quest was broke ? 5 minutes ? That's right they didn't take 5 minutes to find out it didn't work before releasing it.

Absors post is extremely unprofessional you do not talk to your companies paying customers that way. It is unacceptable period.

Jale you need to calm down talking to a dev like that isn't going to help.
  12. Brohg Augur

What's sad about the responses in this thread is that you didn't read them. The quest was tested internally by developers and worked, it was tested on Test by your fellow players, it worked. That there was a bug in the Live environment is unfortunate, but yours and Jalelorf's ignorant whining - and then SUPER rude attacks on your peers, about utterly free game content being delayed for a couple days is what's unacceptable.
    Starreyn, Janakin, Tour and 11 others like this.
  13. Tertoon3 Journeyman

This. This. This.
    Took the words right out of my mouth.

What I don"t understand is how people can be so upset over a god damn game? Yeah they release a buggy quest, but they didn't do so intentionally. Hell they confirmed it worked in 2 different settings, so one would assume it works, however that is not always the case when things are pushed out on live, and bugs do happen. It's unfortunate, yes. But is it really the end of the world for you Cleaver and Jaledorf? Delaying the quest a few days, makes you so mad you have to attack the people who put time in to create the game you love and pay for, and the people who test the stuff the devs make? I don't see you on the test server testing these quests. I don't know I guess I wouldn't attack the people who do those things so you can just play the game.

I guess I am glad I have a good head on my shoulders and can look at things from a different perspective and not get blinded by rage and ignorance.
  14. Cleaver Augur

Where exactly did I whine in this thread about something not working ? I said its not too much to ask that content you pay for work when its released. Maybe you should take your own advice and read the post in this threads since that was my first post in it. I read them all unlike you.

Where was my rude attack on peers or a dev ?

Shouldn't we be asking why something would work on an internal test server but not live ? For anyone who hasn't actually done QA your internal client should be a carbon copy of your live client. There is no point in testing content unless you're testing it on an exact copy of what your customers are using.

But hey asking questions is rude and whining.
  15. Brohg Augur

YOU DIDN"T PAY FOR IT
  16. Cleaver Augur

Anyone whos all access is paying for it. Don't you get that ? You think they just save the money you're paying each month ? No they pay the people who're creating the content and fixing bugs etc etc etc. So yes anyone who is paying to play this game right now paid for it.

The money you pay to play this game pays the salary for the team responsible for the content being created. How can you say you're not paying for it ?

If it wasn't for people who're paying for all access this content would not of been created period.
  17. Brohg Augur

Your subscription fee has specific benefits - unlocked AA advancement, access to Prestige gear and Rk. III spells/abilities, high rank mercenaries, bazaar buyer/seller privileges, 500 daybreakbux. That's what you get for your $10 each month. You specifically don't get an open license to abuse the developers and fellow players.
    Tour and Ishtass like this.
  18. Cleaver Augur

Where did I abuse a developer or fellow player ?

Your subscription keeps the game going. If they used resources/money from subscriptions to create this content then yes the people who pay for all access paid for it.

The people who pay for all access and buy stuff in the marketplace keep this game going they're responsible for content updates like this without them you wouldn't see these updates because there would be no money to pay the devs to create it.
  19. Graytis Lorekeeper

Let's say I go into a favorite restaurant. I've been going there for years. I happily pay for yet another pretty good meal, and receive a dessert on the house because it's customer appreciation day. I then go ballistic, publicly berating the volunteer waiter because there's a hair in the ~complimentary~ dessert.

The shift manager comes out and says "sorry for the hair in your ice cream, we try hard to prevent that. But you're being a jerk for berating the volunteer help. Stop it."

I'm struggling to grasp the notion that there are people telling me that the important viewpoint for me to maintain, at that point, is "well I'm a regular at this restaurant, I deserve to treat the help that way because I've always paid for my meals, your support and defense of the volunteers is misguided, and you therefore need to apologize and provide the perfect product I'm entitled to, freebie extras and all, period."

Really? Never mind my status as a customer, even a long-time customer, for the moment.
    I don't see how, as a decent human being, the last response is the important takeaway from this situation.

They weren't required to give me ice cream at all.
    Tertoon3 likes this.
  20. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I think he was referring to the other guy who was teeing off on a very long standing, positive, contributing player of the Test community. The guys that play on that server aren't all cheap leeches, ya know? And that's pretty much what seems to have (imo, rightly) set A off....someone bashing another player who actually helps solve problems, on their own time, no less, and yet has no control over said problems...while said basher did nothing but complain and insult.

This phrase does not describe the way a *lot* of people act when contacting any kind of tech support, so it's not really surprising for it to happen here too, unfortunately. Because hey, flipping out like a child (often at people with no direct control over the root cause in the first place), clearly gets the problem solved so, so much faster, eh?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.