Delectable Dragon Pate....bad RNG

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tegila, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Tegila Augur

this has got to be the worst rate of random updates ive ever seen...even for impressions for cultural aug tasks. have killed at least 60 elders so far and gotten 3 updates. most of the random update tasks arent bad, little annoying, but this ones jstu horrible rate. was this intentional? taht the update rate on this would be this dismal?

on a side note of annoyances...eggs as bait is not a task meant for groupers lol. at the rate of respawns and the eggs breaking for the second set, theres no way a regular group of groupers can clear the area and the hatchlings (from 2 eggs since no one has the buff by this time from the previous task taht keeps eggs from breaking) in time to click the incubator to kill the 3 mobs from that before repops. even groups of raiders if they're not heavy on teh dps-toons is gonna have major difficulty. also quite annoying: the 3rd update in same task, requires you to kill a fearing named (if he's up but of course he's up now lol) that also punts you off the ledge, to get to the spot to do it. so fun.
  2. Tadenea Augur

task does not say to kill Fearling named, just kill any fearling mob for a chance to update task
    dont need to clear entire area for placing eggs down
  3. Tegila Augur

didnt say it did. pate just says to kill elder dragons for livers. 60 elders later im at 3 updates, seems a bit low on teh RNG

the comment about a named was on a different task (eggs as bait) bc the named spawns right wehre you have to plant the 3rd egg, theres no getting around it. the second egg you plant in eggs as bait if you dont clear the area you gonna kill yourself bc of the 2 eggs that spawn there already that will break and also spawn adds (making it difficult to kill the right 3 in the 2 minutes also) meaning yo ucant jsut sneak your group in and kill the immediate mobs before placing your egg, this area also seems to have big aggro radius meaning more mobs to clear first.
  4. Crystilla Augur

On cultural you're just a force of the RNG here. This was the first time in history of cultural that I actually finished all my Breeding Ground impressions well before I finished my kills. My 6th impression came on my 14th dragon kill (had to kill 20 for the task). Never seen that happen before and probably never will LOL, but it does work.
  5. Ellyra Augur

The Dragon Pate quest liver update was not meant to be rare or uncommon. I don't have the % in front of me, but 3 updates in 60 kills is roughly .5% chance (which is definitely not the % on this quest). I'll double check on Monday and run through it myself and see if the numbers are incorrect and/or need adjusting.
  6. Beatslayer Journeyman

3/60 = 5% , not 0.5%
    Ellyra likes this.
  7. Tegila Augur

im running 4 characters throug hthis and 1 does have 5 updates of the 6 the other 3 have 3 and the 1 with 5 is definitely the ones that does the least on teh fights and is the most often dead lol (afk /melody bard) I do usually ahve bad luck with RNG's period, but as the guy above said, i got every impression done beforem y kills for the cultural aug book fine but went through a good 2 hours of killing for other tasks before even gettign a first update on tehse livers.. Appreciate looking into it
  8. Tobynn Augur

I 3box and have done the Dragon Pate task twice on the crew. Both times, all three characters had full liver credit in about a dozen kills.

Eggs as Bait presented a challenge for me at the lava dragon area. Had to burn hard the drakes from existing eggs, Charra's placeholder, and assorted roamers to buy myself sufficient time to get in, get done, and get out before respawn started. I managed to finish up and move my toons clear literally about 60 seconds before respawn mid-fight would have wrecked me. Rough and tough 3boxing, but certainly in no way a task not meant for groupers.
  9. Tegila Augur

guess it depends on waht the group makeup is, but idk how you're getting all 6 updates on pate in a dozen kills unless it's bc you are running fewer toons or you ahve good luck with RNG (i never do lol) im runnign 4 and the elders ive killed have been of all types, 15-20 in each area so its not like its the wrong elder, it's all elders. Seen some ppl say theyve gotten 30 loams so far while iveo nly see n2 dorp, so RNG variants can be quite large. This one jsut seems a bit extreme.