Default Commonlands, primetime-perma-packed

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Nickatropolis, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Nickatropolis Augur

Dear Devs,

Any chance we can increase the zone population in particular zones, such as commonlands? I want to sell some items in there but recently, it's been impossible to get into because of the amount of players: 105-120 at various points the last couple nights. So Instead im stuck with choosing one of the other other 5 instances of commonlands with 5-15 players in it. The pick queue looked something like this:

Commonlands: 126
    Commonlands 1: 18
    Commonlands 2: 13
    Commonlands 3: 6
    Commonlands 4: 14
    Commonalnds 5: 21
    Commonlands 6: 17

If not raise population limit, perhaps figure out a way to allow players to vote to merge secondary instances together so that the stragglers could form a secondary commonlands with a large population. Any thoughts?
  2. taliefer Augur

this was asked multiple times before the server launched, and more times since. a dev has yet to respond, sadly.

commonlands tunnel is about the most classic experience we could get on these servers, but they chucked that into the wind.
  3. Arrk Augur

I would rather have them fix chat channels so that all /ooc in a zone goes to the same ooc.

Also increase the chat room cap from 400 ....
    Nickatropolis likes this.
  4. Nickatropolis Augur

If they did that, people would be saying "train to zone" ! And no one would know what instance they were talking about.
  5. Arrk Augur

Simple fix... as the Zone number onto the end of the Out of Character (8)
  6. Hendar2 Augur

I doubt most people know what instance number they are in at any time.
    Batbener likes this.
  7. Steampunk Augur

Those population caps are not just arbitrary numbers. They exist for a reason. With servers, it is always a balancing act. What do you want to give up to have a higher zone population?
  8. Batbener Augur

If I had a dollar for every time I picked a zone and by the time I got to my 6th mage I forgot which one it was, I wouldn't need to KS frenzy to pay for my accounts......
  9. Porygon Augur

I forget what zone I'm in all the time :(.

Neat little trick to getting into commonlands prime/base.

Zone out and back in. 90% of the time you go right into base CL regardless of population number. I've been using this for a week now on my trader and it's pretty solid.
  10. Fallfyres Augur

-----------------------

****Crowdsources new, not-very-classic EQ progression server fund and bulk-orders duct tape and band-aids on the cheap for devs so they don't have to work equally hard at finding answers to these problems while trying to stick to the two digit budget their department has been given by the parent corp...
  11. Nickatropolis Augur

thanks for the tip.
  12. Rauven Augur

Use East Freeport to trade. Doesn't have a limit to my knowledge as it isn't instanced.