Deepshade 2 (Dance of the Demiurge): De-Illusion

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Fenthen, Jul 22, 2023.

1. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

Is it intended for Malthshisku to eat the adds before they go active and have a chance to apply the bane?

Locking raid achievements behind the ability to burn the main boss down from 13-0% within the 12-ish seconds before mobs is a really dumb mechanic. Having him eat the adds to heal is fine, but they should be active mobs to do so.
    Warpeace, Covennx, Yinla and 2 others like this.
  2. Drakang Augur

If set up right Adds pop, you bane one, he eats one and then you have 60 seconds to burn him before more adds pop.
  3. Svann2 The Magnificent

I think he eats an add at 8%, doesnt he? So hold dps at 10% so he cant, then when adds pop bane one then everyone hit burns.
  4. Cadira Augur

Tried this in one of my guilds. They held the boss at like 10 to 12% for about 5 minutes. S%@t you not. Nothing spawned in that time. The last spawn is apparently scripted to spawn exactly at 8-9% and then timed after that. We walked it down as slow as possible and he still ate the scripted spawn at 8 or 9 and there was nothing we could do.

Far as I can tell, you have to be perfect until 8%, pray to God the one he eats is the one that can't be baned (odly enough, in my experience he almost always seems to eat the wrong one) and bane the other when it goes live.

This is a bug and needs fixed. All they gotta do is remove that spawn at 8-9% or push it to spawn a little higher at like 12%.
    Yinla and Fenthen like this.
  5. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

We've been failing this in multiple guilds. In fact, I am 100% positive every success in all 3 raiding guilds on FV have been accidents (broken script, or he ate a non-baned mob and it still counted the achievement success, etc).
  6. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

[Sat Jul 22 19:15:57 2023] Malthshisku drains the power from one of the actors and heals.
    [Sat Jul 22 19:16:07 2023] Malthshisku drains the power from one of the actors and heals.

You have 10 seconds to knock it down. ;)
    Not 60!

These were the only two instances of him eating an add, and he did it twice in a 10 second time period. It's both percentage based and time based, and as Cadira mentioned above, there's essentially a zero percentage chance that you land on the right thread-line between the two.

Answer for the development team: Stop eating non-active mobs, or wait 6-10 seconds after they go active to be drained by Malthshisku. Give folks an actual chance to complete this.
  7. Axxius Augur

No problems with this ach over here. We get it pretty much every single time. Perhaps you fail it before the final phase by killing some fake adds in the earlier phases without baning them?

For whatever reason, Absor seems to have completely abandoned Prathun's good practice of displaying the failure notification the moment an achievement is failed. 'Stay Close' being the most frustrating example, but this ach here could definitely use a notification too.
    Fenthen, Yinla and Knifen like this.
  8. Drakang Augur

Have done that part many times and we always have almost a full minute to kill him if no adds are up.
  9. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

This would absolutely help out to why we're failing this. And then accidentally obtaining it on Monday night when two were eaten, the achievement makes little-to-no sense.
  10. airez New Member

also i would try where the god pop mobs have a mob up at 11% then burn the mob to 8% to pop the other mobs should eat the mob from the god heal up and let you despawn the fake actor just a idea i was thinkung might be how it works and why they do not see it as a bug
  11. airez New Member

just to let you guys know we did it wensday let one of the glob turn into a god hold the bosses at 11% wait for god to pop a fly girl then burn the bosses will eat the fly girl heal back up and pop the last set then be ready to despawn the one and kill