Deciding on Alts

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Niskin, May 10, 2017.

1. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Should be easy right? You want to play something so you make one and play it. But I'm thinking a little further ahead this time, because I can. For Agnarr we will have Iksar coming out in Kunark and Vah Shir coming out in Luclin. Also the Beastlord class is added in Luclin. I'd like to play both races and the Beastlord is one of the classes I'm interested in. Many people probably remember the invasion of Vah Shir Beastlords that happened when Luclin released. They were everywhere and most Beastlords were Vah Shir. This time around it may happen again, but I want to go a different direction.

Iksars can be Beastlords, but the class releases 2 expansions after the race. I don't plan to play an SK, or Shaman, or Necro on this server, maybe a Warrior if I'm real bored with my options. That leaves the Beastlord as the only Iksar class I'm interested in.

Other than Beastlords, Vah Shir can be a Bards, Rogues, Shamans, or Warriors. The Shaman is out. I've done the Rogue main thing before, probably won't again, but maybe. Bard and maybe Warrior are left. I already planned to play a Bard, but wanted to do that earlier on. Waiting until Luclin to make one isn't what I want, but it's a possibility.

Another class I was interested in was the Wizard. That was going to be the alt after the Bard originally, with the Bard being the first alt. Looking things over, I'd love for this class to be the one I play when Frogloks release in LoY. That's a long way off, but I'll already have most of the classes covered by then. My main will be a Dwarf Paladin so I won't need two on the same server. Cleric or Monk could work but not sure I want to play those on this server. Eventually all 8 slots will probably be filled, but I want the first slots to go to my preferred alts.

Now I could just say screw it and make whatever and use race change potions, but that's not as fun as playing this out in my head. Right now I'm looking at this order:

Main: Dwarf Paladin
    1st Alt: Iksar Beastlord (Luclin)
    2nd Alt: Vah Shir Bard (Luclin)
    3rd Alt: Froglok Wizard (LoY)

But realistically I'm going to want at least one alt before Luclin. That first alt will probably do a lot of low level Kunark content and probably Velious starting in Iceclad (level 30ish). At the moment I'm leaning towards a Dark Elf Mage, or maybe a Gnome. I haven't done much with the Mage in the past so it does interest me.

Those options would put me at 4/8 characters by the end. It's likely at least one other alt would pop up in that time, but not really sure what it would be or how I'd fill the last 4 slots. I guess I'll see where I end up.
  2. Illusory Augur

Are you just ranting because you're indecisive? :p
  3. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Mostly just thinking out loud.:)
  4. Trox2010 Augur

If you didn't want to wait until Luclin before rolling alt you could always:

Main: Dwarf Pally
    1st Alt: Iksar Monk (Kunark)
    2nd/1st Alt: Iksar Beastlord (Luclin; transfer gear from monk if you decide not to keep)
    3rd/2nd Alt: Vah Shir Bard (Luclin)
    4th/3rd Alt: Froglok Wizard (LoY)
  5. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

That's not a bad idea. I may still make a mage, but if I want an Iksar to goof around with the Monk would be the most likely class of those listed. Even the Warrior wouldn't be terrible since it would just be for screwing around with.