Deciding on a server

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Helomastr, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Helomastr New Member

I am newly returned to the game. I played '99 -'02, roughly, and wanted to come back.

I made a few characters on the Firiona Vie sever because I saw it was the RP server. I feel now that might have been a mistake. I had no idea that there was a 50% exp bonus and that it was a free trade server. (I thought it was weird that I would out level a zone in about 30 minutes, lol.)

I just wanted to get other's opinions and thoughts on server suggestions. I want to be on a live server, not TLP. I also had loyalty points that I already spent on bag of platinum on FV. Oops. Haha.

Thank you for your thoughts!
  2. Riou EQResource

Well if you've been playing this weekend there has also been a double exp weekend going for labor day

Leveling fairly fast early on will be a thing on most servers, FV does have a healthy population to it
  3. Griggson Journeyman

Where are you located in the world?
    Check server populations pick one that is high.
    If in Europe Antonius Bayle is the EURO server.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Don't worry about those loyalty tokens you spent - on your returning account you get another 120 each week (around Sunday) so there is other stuff you can buy. You do need to have a paid subscription to buy the bags of plat on other servers, I was not aware that you could buy it on FV without a subscription but I don' play on FV :)

Agree with Griggs, you can check here https://eqresource.com/serverstatus.php or you could make a new character for each server to see how the population looks. You can do that for the regular servers free. I know there are 2 servers I log into about once a month just to check my alts and both those servers seem dead. Vox and Xegony.

The old ways of the guild helping new players seems gone and there is an in game guild with no officers to join for the port feature. Tunare has open raids for high level players. Xegony has a large guild but like I said when I log into it I only see like 10 players in POK or the Lobby. But check out the guild sub forums here if you wanted to get an idea.

WB!
  5. Daimos5 Journeyman

EXP with double exp modifier for the Labor day weekend is ludicrous, but now that it's over, it'll slow down a bit.

I recently joined on Bristlebane and have been having fun. It's live with regular rules, which means normal exp. POK has a ton of people in it and the leveling/family guild that I'm in (the dark reign) has about 90 people online every night.

No matter what you do, if you're reasonably facile playing EQ and have a merc, leveling to 60 is crazy fast and not much of a challenge. EXP slows down a bit at 60 and then again at 70. I hear that it speeds up a bit after you go higher. One bit of advice is to have at least a 2nd character to help spread out abilities. Even if it's a free to play account, it can help out your primary account a ton for those times when you can't find anyone to group with.