Decided to go Shaman on New TLP Agnarr, Dot's get nerfed?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by steiner, Mar 24, 2017.

1. steiner Augur

just my luck...

when they release a new TLP they nerf the spells for the class ive always wanted a classic run with and finally decide to play this time around.

will this be resolved/fixed by agnarr or should i start thinking about playing another class? by the looks of it they took a major blow to solo-ability.
  2. Razzle Augur

Depends on how they do the DoT stacking on Agnarr. Shaman do okay for the first few xpacs which is what Agnarr is all about.
  3. steiner Augur

yeah im reading some charts and the dmg/mana ratio seems about the same, even though the mana/damage seems to have changed greatly.

what can and cant stack now? i have read that you can do the same damage as before using just one spell or have more options overall in mana usage.

can anyone explain as i am considering shaman heavily for my tlp roll..
  4. Razzle Augur

Depends if they let DoTs from the same spell line stack or not. They have screw with the shaman DoTs so much, I not sure how they will work on Agnarr.
  5. Nolrog Augur

They won't stack. Changes like this are the same on every server. They don't have a way to say on this server it works this way but on this server it works a different way.

They may tweak the damage but unless they change it for every server, this is almost certainly how it will work.
  6. Brunlin Augur

Shamans will still be in demand in groups. After buffing, slowing and healing...you wont have time for dots. It does suck though if you want some solo time in.
  7. Razzle Augur

I agree with Brunlin 100%. Basically just nerfs your soloing ability, but doesnt affect your grouping demand.
  8. liveitup1216 Augur

Still stronger than shamans/spells on P99 so shaman can solo just fine if not better, and they're pretty awesome at it there once you hit mid 30s. Only gets better and better.
  9. Rhodz Augur

Yeah that is bad timing but there is a consolation.
    This will make our 4th trip through a Classic TLP Experience (tm) and I can say without a doubt just changing classes does not effect things except in your own mind. It's the same thing each and every time... sheesh may talk myself out of this :eek:
  10. Razzle Augur

I will cast a charm spell on you to make you go through classic again... you know you wanna...:)
  11. steiner Augur

so you can still cast a disease + poison or only 1 dot at a time now?

i dont think in classic you could stack multiple disease/poisons up, for the most part. its something i shouldnt worry about? i def want to be able to solo as shaman..
  12. steiner Augur

someone please explain exactly how stacking was changed...
  13. Krosus New Member

You can't stack DoT spells in the same line so no multiple poison/disease spells from different tiers stacking together
  14. Machentoo Augur

They intended to make it so that instead of casting a bunch of dots from the same line, you can just cast the highest level version and do close to the dps that casting 3-4 from the line would have previously done. So dots from the same line no longer stack, but the individual dots do more damage. It works out well at level 105 for the most part, but they screwed up the damage for lower levels for some classes, and it is much lower than what they described it would be.
  15. Rhodz Augur

Time will tell it is still months away so maybe.
    Three trips through Classic TLPs plus god knows how many times in the live game over the years.
    Fighting for camps, farmers over running good camps after spending hours getting it, overcrowded zones even with instancing, no real market place (who has time for the tunnels) so best I can do is maybe.
    Just wish they would do something different to change things up besides tweak a few rules.
    But then my wife may decide she wants to and if thats the case at least I have good company.
  16. Machentoo Augur

Capping at LDoN is more than just tweaking a few rules. It's the single most significant change on any TLP since Combine launched.
  17. Rhodz Augur

If most people by far had not already dropped out by the time LDoN dropped I would see your point.
    What is RF now maybe 10% of launch population?
    LJ is even worse and lets not even raise the ghost of Vulak.
    Phinny is by far the healthiest TLP and last time I was on in prime time if it had a quarter of it's starting population I would be surprised.

I think it is a move in the right direction there is just further to go IMO.
  18. Old Man Elder

Taladir likes this.
  19. Machentoo Augur

You're just wrong.

Ragefire and Lockjaw dropped a ton due to Phinny launching. But Phinny's population is as strong as it was in classic, if not stronger.

Compare Classic versus PoP on Phinnykills.com. There are more guilds doing pop content today than there were guilds doing classic. And I'm not talking the hard stuff like the bees in PoSky. 50% more guilds have killed Quarm 2 months into PoP than killed Nagafen 2 months into classic (11 for nagafen in classic in era, 17 for quarm so far in pop.) The server has a considerably stronger raid scene a year in, right now, than it did during classic. That doesn't happen if 3/4 of the server quit. Or even 1/4.
  20. Basak Augur

How can he be wrong and you not be? You both said the same thing, just different ways.