Decapitate...how exactly does it work?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Explicit, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Explicit Augur

Thread says it all, I know it's a spell proc...but is it effected by a higher/lower delay weapon? Does weapon delay matter at all? I'm sure i'm not the only one who's looking for a bit of clarification on this
  2. Recnarp Augur

I'm curious as well. Also, magnets.
  3. roth Augur

I cannot answer all your questions, as I do not have the answers.

What I do know is that it IS a "spell proc" as you put it - but unlike standard procs, it is capable of firing on each swing in a combat round, not just once per combat round (only checked once per combat round is the way that buffed procs and procs inherent or augged to a weapon work).

From what I've heard, it can fire on ranged attacks, as well - not just melee - and ripostes.

The only restriction on targets is level. Assassinate and Headshot require Humanoid targets. Slay Undead, of course, requires an undead target. Decapitate does not. Its only restriction is that the mob be under level 84, 86, or 88 depending upon level of this VEIL OF ALARIS AA.

It is not an old AA that has been around for years. It is less than a year old - and only really been working at all for less than three months of that time, and only working at its current proc rate for what, a week? It is surprising that an AA effectively this new is under such fire from a dev who has been around for so long - and who probably had a hand in its creation and fixing. Why create it if you're going to break it and leave it broken for 9 months out of the year, and then nerf by stagnation the very next expansion?
  4. Malkavius Augur

"Assassinate and Headshot require Humanoid targets. Slay Undead, of course, requires an undead target. Decapitate does not"

If it bleeds we can kill it!

-Every berserker ever
  5. Leerah Augur

Insects don't bleed, hardly.