Decapitate and Headshot and Every class Fade. For you piestro :)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Spinstun, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Abazzagorath Augur

I use paladin fade to pull every day. Then again, in raid gear I only bother with major splits and would rather just bring in 3 (when boxing and I'm pulling), so the 3 min timer doesn't hurt. Put stun or root pause then fade then tag works fantastic.
  2. Crystilla Augur

Along with Aba, my main use for the 'fade' AA as a cleric is pulling as well. Though I've been pulling since 2001 as a cleric without it using things that Hatsee mention aren't substitutes so what do I know. I do use fade to get out of other folks aggro trains more than my own since I actually pay attention and try not to disrupt other folks play.
  3. Hatsee Augur

Yes, but no one has ever made a paladin pull unless they wanted a train.
  4. Leerah Augur

On Planet Claire nobody has a head.
  5. Summul New Member

/shrug. The cleric fade is nice for the offbeat chance of pulling heal aggro and that will happen from time to time no matter how good a player is. Its a survival tool and one that takes far too long to refresh to be anything past that. If a cleric or paladin pulls, than it is still by use of pacify, roots and memblurs. Extremely inefficient even with the fade.

All these fades offered to non-pullers at their core are a means of resetting aggro. Nothing more or less. They don't infringe on other classes to an extent to demand they should not be in game. Otherwise if the only other argument about the fades is that it encourages even more stupid and inconsiderate behavior....well good luck with that. They were stupid and inconsiderate long before they got that "magic button". Its pandemic in our society.
  6. Neamiah Journeyman

I am a Ranger. Who is max level and max AA and yes I will admit I got a large chunk of those AA doing headshot. That being said I will say that I am glad to see Zerkers getting decapitate and I am glad to see other classes being put on a level playing field as far as ability to advance as fast as some classes. I will say also that I am hoping that we see more balancing of the classes. It's a small percent of the player base who wants to slowly grind levels in an effort to experience the older content. Most want to get to as close to max level as possible so they can be on par with the other players.

As far as cover tracks, yes it's frustrating that we have such a long reuse timer. All classes have it as an ability. Why not make it the same timer for everyone. Vinelash and fluster/bluster are great tools but not always a good substitute for fade. A good example is the shadow pillar in the pillars raid. If I am told to fade then I had better hope I don't get that emote again before the fight is over or I will be unable to comply.

And if its true that HS will not be getting an increase then I would full expect rangers to just live in the headshot zones maxing out their AA before making the grind to 100. If other classes get more ranks of assissinate/decapitate/repost then I would expect rangers would be allowed to get more ranks to keep up.... HOWEVER if no class gets more ranks then so be it... Just try to keep it fair across the board please
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Thats pretty funny wish my wizard had a form of headshot.
  8. Hahlfwit Augur

Yeah, except that if you do the progression and get the clicky to remove it, that buff becomes a non-issue. Which means it is probably not at all over-tuned.
  9. Explicit Augur

I'm not at all referring to the Guard of the Alsa-Thel buff, I have the clicky.

I'm referring to the buff that only the mobs in the center of the zone cast, Infusion of the Triumvirate maybe? The telmira there cast another buff on themselves as well, anyone who's camped Champion of the Triumvirate will know what buffs I'm referring to
  10. Tobynn Augur

Druid cold debuff Frost line over-writes the above, resulting in quite a substantial debuffing when all of the above is suddenly stripped away. Problem is getting Frost to land; that spell reflect can make sticking the debuff kinda interesting. If you are camping Champion, take a druid along, you'll be glad you did.

...and Beastlord innate proc AA Gelid Claw over-writes this one. Turn on attack and negate buffs? Gotta like that.
    Vuncar likes this.
  11. Explicit Augur

Yeah, I've seen it knocked off before...it's just incredibly strange you can't dispel it by any other means