Decapitate and Headshot and Every class Fade. For you piestro :)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Spinstun, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Hatsee Augur

Bards talking about things with cast times...

It's stop, turn so the game realizes you stopped, then cast, wait to see you are invis as we don't get a cast bar on ours anymore, and then you're fine. It's not half a second, it works out to 1-2 seconds usually, assuming you don't mess up the stop and turn part due to lag, etc.
    Vouivre and Sinestra like this.
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

And I sure wish undead counted as their base race (i.e. humanoids, or whatever). Being a paladin and fighting undead is a lot of fun, but they can't drop most of the tradeskill drops that are worth a spit (the cultural stuff).
  3. Tarrin Augur

I never thought I'd see a thread where people complained that headshot wasn't doing enough.
    BlankStare_001 likes this.
  4. doktartp Augur

Would create alot more downtime in ferrott if you could 1 shot them.
  5. Spinstun Journeyman

I agree with alot that you say and Mr Peistro I enjoy the game and dont think anything is wrong but since your willing to answer questions i am going to ask.
    Rangers have a lot of things to help pull. I can pull effectively without useing cover tracks. Its just the convience of the ability to have it shortened because like said by someone else you have run speed reduced. With fluster, and i love this spell more than almost any spell we have, the issue is its one a time so your running around it doesnt always work. That or the range it knocks back goes crazy or the direction and it plants the mob in another group of mobs creating more of a mess. After you vinleash fluster doesnt work or does it? I know when we first got it if you leashed anythign and tried to fluster it would still get agro because it was snared. I give up on that a long time ago because it wouldnt work and I havent tried it lately.

I really would like to see a working version of HA though. YEs the orginal was way way over powering but I cant get it to work ever now. As stated before not to pull and have mobs run over mobs I completely understand that. Even if you dont the aa does not work. Do you on your alt have HA and have used it affectively? I would love advice to make this work. I think HA and fluster would trump everything if working right. Fluster on non run speed changing mobs is death and yes I read get a bard or a monk. Problem is monks and bards are hard to come by. Either they are not playing or they get sucked up by all the high end people because they are needed so bad and they dont want to bother with anything other than top teir.

This thread in no way was crated for people to rude or disrespectful. I just thought it was nice to see so many post by Peistro so I took advantage and asked questions. If nothing but understand comes from this i am happy.
    So lets throw out the cover tracks and put the Spot like on HA. Would like some solid advice to make this work like it says it does. I cant ever just get one. I always get them all. As stated no i am not pulling "over" another npc. If you pull the first npc in a linear line why do you get all 3? In a linear line there is no way the pulled npc even turns the direction of the other npcs but yet they get pulled. Advice appriecated.

quick edit you tube would be great. i am trying to look into how to video while playing. I am to old for it to come naturally
  6. gcubed Augur

In reference to Harmonious Arrow, there are any number of things that can cause problems with this.

The first thing you have to understand is that HA is primarily a targeted AE lull centered on your target. If another mob is not in the line of sight of your target, it will not be lulled. If it is immune to lulls it will not be lulled. If it is above the level for lulls (currently level 95 at the highest rank of HA), it will not be lulled. The lull will reduce the assist radius to 12 feet, so it the mob is closer than 12 feet it will assist even if lulled.

Line of sight is kind of funky. Basically, if the soles of your target's feet cannot see the soles of the feet of the mobs around it, they are not in the line of sight and will not be lulled. So just about anything can block the line of sight.

HA isn't really broken, it is simply not needed. If you can't use your normal lulls to single pull, you can't use HA. In many cases you can single a mob using your normal lulls, but not single it using HA.

Consider the following:

Y

M O M O M

M's are mobs (all white cons). O's are objects that block the line of sight. Y is you (just outside of frenzy radius). The mobs are 20 fee apart. If you tag the mob on the left with jolt, you will get the mob on the left and the one in the center. You may get the mob on the right if they have a large assist radius. If you tag the mob in the center, you will definately get all three. If you use Harmonious arrow on the left mob, the other two mobs will not be lulled because they are not in the line of sight of your target and the results will be the same as if you were tagging with jolt. You however can see the other two mobs so you can use Drifting Veil to lull them and get the left mob single and then later the middle or right mob single. So you can single these mobs using Drifting Veil but you cannot single them using HA.

Now consider the following:

Y

M . M . M

Again the M's are white conning mobs and Y is you. This time there is nothing between the mobs to block you line of sight between them. You can use HA to single these mobs, IF none of them are lull immune. So how do you tell if any are immune to lulls if you have never dealt with these mobs before? That is easy, cast Drifting Veil on each one. If any are immune you will get a message saying they look unaffected and the spell will not cast. Once you lull each one and find out that they are not immune you can go ahead and use HA to single them. Wait a minute, if they are already lulled, why would I want to lull them again? As I said, HA is not really needed, just jolt the one you want after the others are lulled.

All of this doesn't mean that HA is useless. It does have its uses but they are extremely limited. If you don't really care if you get singles you can use it (but you can also use jolt or a dispell or even a non-magic arrow). You can also use HA to single mobs once you have learned which mobs can be lulled and which can't.
  7. iniari-TR Augur

/agree

once upon a time wizards had manaburn but over time it became considered overpowered and nerfed and its damage compared to the mana drained vs the mobs HP it became useless.
    then we had instant cast spells introduced. they too were nerfed. other classes were given aura's that increased mana regen , etc. wizards got a trap that couldnt kill a bat but would agro every mob within 200 ft. and then a pbae spell that did little damage to the mobs but killed the wizard everytime.

wizards were supposed to be the class that made monsters blow-up and masters of AE. those days are long gone.

while there are folks that are purists that are into the roleplaying and staying strict to the lore , and the GameMaster and thier "vision" of what the game is supposed to be, is a thing of the past. i just want a game that is fun to play. as a wizard thats seeing mobs incenerated .
  8. Falos Augur

Awesome how decapitate has no mob restrictions, proc's from virtually all types of attacks and does over 400k damage WITHOUT any buffs / or discs running (ranger headshot does less than half that under similar conditions)
    Headshot is a joke by comparison.... assassinate an even bigger joke.
  9. shiftie Augur

just in time for ripo trains to pl to lvl 100.
  10. Uxtalzon Augur

I had to read the first post twice because I thought it was a cry that Rangers were OP because of Headshot and Paladins were OP because of Balefire Burst (fade). I did my best dev impression:

"LOOKS BALANCED TO ME! NEXT!"

Headshot and Decaptitate do what the skill name actually implies; it's meant to kill the enemy. Guess someone should should've told the people who made Slay Undead. Should mean you actually "slay" the undead, but in reality it does at best 10% these days and will probably do even less in the next expansion. Maybe rename it to "Hurt Undead A Little" now so as to not deceive upcoming Paladins to think they could do anything remotely similar to BER and RNG. Hah!

Just an FYI, I almost consider Balefire Burst overpowered. Unlike some other classes who'd look at some accidental aggro and go "hmmm, I guess I could just kill this off in 30 seconds or so", it's more like a three minute fight for me. Plus, Paladins don't get invis and we still rely on pouring cloudy potions into an IV bag and injecting it into our veins daily. The day I hit level 86, I've used fade all the time. In fact, some days when I don't play EQ, I just log in for a moment just to click fade and log off. (That last sentence was an attempt at exaggeration before morning coffee) I played back in the day when if you got a lot of aggro, you had two choices: run and train, or fight and die.

Fade gives the ability for all players a chance to survive what would otherwise be a critical failure and a corpse run/summon. Just the time it saves you from running through zones back to your corpse or the money saved from summoning reagents makes it invaluable. lol
  11. smash Augur

Then maybe beastlords should have something in the ways.
    They probably got the worst aggro drop, like playing possum, which still fails too often. A power reuse 3 min.
    And some kind of decapitate on warder, paw slash/tail whap depending on race
  12. smash Augur

13. Ranpha Augur

Well, unless you're undead, somekind of construct (golem), donot have a head (goo) or Quarm.
  14. smash Augur

Believe Quarm got 5 ;)
  15. Derfael Journeyman

I told another berserker the day after decapitation was FIXED and FINALLY working, that RANGERS would be the first to complain. I stand vindicated.
    Shanaie likes this.
  16. Rouan Augur

Bolded can be headshotted (depending on labeling for that expansion).

Yep, I can headshot freaking goo.
  17. Ronthorn Oakenarm Augur

I really never cared for HS and only used it to PL Friends let it die this Ranger will be happy.
  18. Derfael Journeyman

Ronthorn Oakenarm, I foresee your Ranger Union card being revoked in the near future.
    Ronthorn Oakenarm likes this.
  19. Ronthorn Oakenarm Augur

Please say its not so............. Heck its already revoked damn.............................
  20. Rouan Augur

We don't care other than this will be taken away and the devs won't do crap for us in return as per usual.

(oh, and plenty of classes can solo AAs as well or faster than headshot. At least headshot takes instance flipping to not suck completely)