Death Hover Mode - add 2 minutes ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Redex, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Redex Journeyman

- Please consider adding 2 min to the character death hover mode.

This will cut back on unnecessary zoning as characters are sent to bind, just as the cleric mercenary can be revived and begin resurrecting characters - resulting in zoning once to bind, then zone again for resurrection.

It might be better to just have characters resurrected without having to zone (which was probably the original intent of the death hover mode), and put additional strain on the SoE servers. This would also remove some frustration/downtime in the game.

Thank you.
    Pirlo likes this.
  2. Ishtass Augur

Would you like to reboot now? 45 sec...

Reboot | Postpone 2 minutes
  3. Recnarp Augur

Remove the locked top-down camera as well.
  4. Naugrin Augur

The bug where you don't get the respawn box would stink even more then hehehe.
  5. Rainbowdash Augur

Wtb ability to boot dead mercs from group to permit merc swapping after one dies =.=
  6. Laronk Augur

Really the worst is when your merc dies right before the player thats taking his spot gets there and you have to wait 5 minutes to let that player in.
  7. CaRnon Augur

Does zoning really put much strain on the servers? Personally I think the timer is long enough as is maby make the timer even shorter?
  8. Redex Journeyman

I would think there is some server action involved, why would it take so long other wise ? Maybe its all client side ? computers are mega quick these days compared to 10 years ago when EQ was newer. So I would guess its mostly the server doing something.

Personally, I would love to not have to do 2 "extra" zonings, and just be able to say in the zone, in death hover mode, and get resed, and be back in action right away.
  9. psychowizzy New Member

I would love the old view so you can still watch the fight ...and see the current mob health
  10. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Not heard of anyone having that for years.
    Ummm... it has absolutely nothing to do with the servers. It has to do with the players and their systems and internet connections. In which case it can have a monumental effect, especially with the bug which can crash people upon zoning.
  11. CaRnon Augur

I have had this issue in the last week. Annoying and usualy only happens when I am laging pretty bad in a event and I die seems that either the game does not know right away or my computer did not notice I died...

With the comment asking about if it takes a toll on the servers I was being scarastic I know it does not put any wear on the servers

If you have a normal cleric in group that does not die you dont have to wait for mercs to respawn and waste up all of your respawn timer. That could be another fix to your not having to zone 2! times...

and I have seen less peopel crash from zoning then I have seen to random client crashes mid fight lately.
  12. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I have seen 1 "random client crash" in the last 6 months. While in the last 6 weeks I have seen 10-20 zone->crash instances in addition to the ones that happen to myself generally when zoning to Valley after having been running EQ for a while. Now the zone and crash phenomenon is no where near as bad as it used to be, it still occurs regularly.
  13. CaRnon Augur

I guess we experience diffent things with our differnt playstyles.. i seen a ton of client crashes compared to zoning issues. /shrug
  14. Umbraeques Lorekeeper

Honestly I don't see a need to have a death hover timer at all. Why can't I just stay dead till I decide to revive to bind, or till I get a rez?

I've noticed that if I'm dragging someone's corpse and they are forced to revive, the drag fails and the corpse is left behind - which is also quite annoying.
  15. Tadenea Augur

having experienced this I dont see timer changing unless they change how death works when zoning
    if you died while zoning you will get stuck with zoning message till hover timer is up
    so adding time to it would mean longer zone time when death zoning
  16. Redex Journeyman

You all raise some great points. I think just extending the timer 2 min would still do the trick for the most part.

I haven't seen the dragging issue yet or the death when zoning.