Death, Death, Death on Test

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ellyra, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Ellyra Augur

The Death, Death, Death event is now available on Test!

For those of you hoping to take home the cash prize at SOELive, now’s your chance to get some practice in before the big event! (More details about tournaments will be coming soon!)

Tudasali, Emissary of Thurgadin in the Arena will start the event.

Keep in mind, a few important things have changed this year:
    • Groups can only contain one of each class
    • Some previously undefeated mobs have been weakened a bit (though they’ll still probably kill you!)
    Please help us make this event a huge success by reporting any and all bugs and feedback.

Thanks, and good luck!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Ranndom_TheUndead Augur

IMO, the event is unbeatable. And since its a monster mission, thisd likely never change. We've gotten all the way to Yelinak who basically wiped the floor with us.
    Certain mobs like Trakanon, resist literally everything(even when under him). But every melee class is basically worthless compared to casters.
    Between 2 minute runs to mobs and waiting for the next instance to load i dont see the last 2 maybe 3 mobs ever being beaten.
    The mission is great though, enjoy the challenge. But if the melee were uptuned to do more than 8 dps...preferably a lot more...hah...Then it would balance out resist heavy mobs like Trak, And it would co-balance the zoning time and run time issues because groups could not put 4 mobs worth time into one mob.
    Just needs a few tweaks here and there.
    The only combination of Chars we were able to get to Yelinak with was Pal>Cler>Mage>Nec>Dru>Ench.
  3. Edrick Augur

I got really confused for a minute there.
  4. Fendy Augur

If we beat the mission on test before SOELive can we have the money sent to us? And would the money cover the plane ticket so I can afford to attend?
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Everyone loves a good year old necro post
  6. Fendy Augur

Doh. didn't even notice the date.
  7. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Really, who looks at the year of the post before replying?!
  8. Enkel Augur

I do.
    Tarvas and Ebonylight-Xegony like this.
  9. Fendy Augur

awesome. thanks for helping us keep a dead thread walking. I wish I could remove my first pointless reply.
  10. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

What's weird is it was supposed to be back up on Test again...
  11. feiddan Augur

It is back up on Test.

I'm a big fan of the event. I like the tuning. It's not meant to be steamrolled. It's a contest event, with constraints both on time and difficulty.

It's fun. Titles every 3 wins are a bonus.
  12. Prathun Developer

As mentioned in Phathom's July Sense Heading post, 'Death, Death, Death!' is coming to live servers at the end of the month. It will start on Test earlier (this is generally standard) and it will also run much later (this is not generally standard for events run on Test). Feel free to test the event on the Test server or Live in preparation for the competition at SOE Live this year. There are new achievements and new titles for progressing in 'Death, Death, Death!' as well as some significant changes to the event.
    Terminat and Sheamous like this.