Dear Sony,

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Raluden, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Raluden Elder

1) Stop sending congratulatory emails to characters as they level up. They are pointless and only serve to be deleted. Nice intention but a nuisance.

2) Take food out of the game. We can leave tradeskilled food with stats, sure, but needing to carry around water and rations to end annoying hunger/thirst spam is a waste. Hunger serves no purpose. If you made us take a strength and stamina hit from a lack of food and drink I could see it. But for now, it's merely a nuisance.

Is that unreasonable?
  2. Danille Augur

The emails are useful in providing advice to new players regarding the next zone visit to gain experience.
    Elricvonclief, Kaylord101 and Starla like this.
  3. Siddar Augur

They give me a time dated record of when my alts leveled they can stay just the way they are.
    Kaylord101, Starla and Leerah like this.
  4. silku Augur

If you go to shards landing you can get hot cocoa and some kind of cake for free, literally free. Is that unreasonable to ask you once every 3 or 4 days to pick up 40 items off a vendor?
  5. Leerah Augur

NO! Leerah had to sit naked, crying in Rathe Mountains till a necro came to get her 4 bodies, because she couldn't even get enough mana to gate without her food and water. So should you!
    Nerishau and Elricvonclief like this.
  6. --Voodoo-- Augur

Would be nice if you could opt out of those emails, or filter them to auto-delete (haven't actually checked, so might be possible already). I wouldn't scrap them altogether though since they have their uses, as previously mentioned.

The food/drink system is kind of a pet peeve of mind. Getting benefits just by acting like you're going to eat something, even if you never actually do. You should have to consume something before you gain stats from it. I don't think there needs to be a penalty for not having food/drink; that's inherent in the benefits you don't get. They do need to get rid of the hungry/thirsty spam though.
    Tegila likes this.
  7. Starla Elder

lmao
    Leerah likes this.
  8. Jeanmirac Elder

Yes.
    Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
    ;)
    (seriously though - let it be, emails do help some people and food is needed to live, deal with it)
    Starla likes this.
  9. Gadfly New Member

New player lurking in the veterans lounge two cents:

1. Emails are cool. I may be in the middle of something when i get them, but it serves as a reminder of places to checkout when i want a change of scenery. Though, i do support adding the option for people like you to opt-out.

2. This is another interesting facet that I appreciate. It keeps me heading to the city every so often and inspired me to take up some tradeskills. I say put it to a vote.
  10. Sebbina Augur

Ya sure look how deep into the Doodoo, democracy has gotten folk, there is a place for the voice of the people, and there is a place for doing what is right, and lack of food still has some consequences. So get off your duff, and eat your veggies like a good little boy, and in game make sure you have food and drink in your top left bag, so you don't consume something valuable that will cause you annoyance. My Characters have 2 stacks of food and drink so as oen is consumed I can adjust and remember to restock.
    Leerah likes this.
  11. Caudyr Augur

I don't wanna eat my veggies!

Seriously, though...not like it's hard to get more food and drink...though I wouldn't mind some more Innate Metabolism AAs ;)
  12. Leerah Augur

Your complexion tells us that you haven't been eating right! Listen to Aunt Sebbie.
  13. Caudyr Augur

I am an elf. This is just how I look! :p
  14. Leerah Augur

My elves are cowering in their trees now. Thanks a lot.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The emails are fine, its nice to know where the next hot zone is or a suggestion of where next to level, Also nice to have a record of when you got to a certain point in the game, or last time got a level!

Its not hard to stop the food and drink spam, just buy some food! I wish food and drink still worked as it did in the old days when you couldn't get mana or stamina back until you purchased some.
  16. Leerah Augur

Except we've noticed the suggestions lag behind where most people end up playing.
  17. Edrick Augur

No way! How am I supposed to survive if I don't have some iron rations and water in my belly? I didn't carry around twice as much water as food when I was leveling up killing crocs in the Oasis for nothing!
  18. Feradach Augur

I'd actually like to see the penalty for being out of food/water relevant again. With today's gear, the slight loss of regen isn't really even noticeable.
    Leerah likes this.
  19. Kyreth Elder

Ha, if you're without food or drink for too long, your character should no longer be able to run, only walk. Then you could carry extra supplies around and sell them at high prices to people you see waddling around looking for the closest food vendor.

Edited to add: That could even make my summoned black bread look tasty!
  20. Nolrog Augur

If you don't like the emails, ignore them. I like them for various reasons already mentioned.

Food and drink seres a purpose. Without it, your HP and mana regents slower.