Dear Disappointed Players on Agnarr/Coirnav

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Grebhiker, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Tamberav New Member

What is wrong with agnarr? I just started there two weeks ago and am able to find groups (probably peoples alts) leveling and everyone has been really nice/helpful.
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

It's PoP-locked.
  3. Brunnt ForceTrauma Lorekeeper

Why do you assume boxers play alone? I am probably one of the bigger boxers on LJ and I always have at least 4 but usually 8 and sometimes up to 18 real people with me. I almost never play alone.
  4. Bolten_DA Augur

I
    6 boxing is such a small fraction of the population. You're just lazy! Make a group yourself, and stop expect people to do things for you.
  5. Tamberav New Member

Ya but why would people leave now? It's not like everything has been released and done yet so it still has life left. Maybe enough until the next progression server.
  6. Eldrian Augur

It's funny how threatened some people feel that Lockjaw and Ragefire are still active and happy. Sure we have a lower population than the new flavor of the month servers, so what? I know there are 4 active guilds on Lockjaw and at least 6 on Ragefire, probably more. We are in that sweet spot of population where there are enough other people to play with but not so many that every camp is always crowded. The 4 main Lockjaw guilds all do progression raiding at different levels.

Faceless Insanity - Most hardcore, strives to beat all new content asap

Dead Halfling Society - Dedicated but not hardcore, usually a few weeks behind FI

Midnight Phyre - Close knit and dedicated group, really been stepping up their game and close to
    becoming the new #2 guild

Damage - The most "family style" of the 4 major guilds, does progression but at a "no man left behind"
    pace
  7. Prisim Lorekeeper

I started a trio on Lockjaw as my escape group. As a raider on Phinny with a plethora of alts already maxxed out, when I'm not raiding I'm bored. LJ is fun, easier to get little guys up and camps are open. I chose LJ over RF because at one point many years ago I was in DHS. I have no plans to raid on this server but it's been an interesting getaway at least until TSS.

this has been a public service announcement
    we now return you to your regularly scheduled thread
  8. Son of a... Augur

Haha...you said "new content" You are very funny.
  9. Auxero New Member

Im trying to find a server I feel comfortable on and wonder if Ragefire or Lockjaw would work. Tried Project 1999 for a while but its tough for the semi casual gamer. Im lvl 89 on live (the hard way since the 2000, not heroic) and cant catch up to current expansions and dont even understand whats going on with last 6 expansions or so. I started on Agnarr last month but to my surprise it feels like people are racing there and soon all will be raiding PoP and I havent even raided classic yet. If there was sufficient help to catch up and the right people I would switch, but would I ever get a chance to raid classic, kunark, velious, pop etc? From a gear perspective most would have no motivation to go back. It seems like everywhere people are racing as rapidly as possible to end game and thats not my goal.
  10. Eldrian Augur

Yeah heh, new is a relative term ;)
  11. Freebirrd Journeyman

12. Taschxi New Member

if by chance I do get bored on Agnarr, I will just go back to live servers, I myself don't see the point of a server that eventually will put me where I'm already at on rathe, plus when a particular mob angers me on Agnarr, I go to my live character and kill that mob over and over till I'm satisfied it's paid for it's temerity.
  13. -HT- New Member

I would not have come back to EQ after so many years were it not for the PoP-Locked nature of the Agnarr server.

I will not be going to any other server, and I know there are many others like me.

Agnarr will absolutely lose a ton of population once guilds finish with PoP, but I expect a solid core of people to remain basically forever.

There are a ton of us pushing one last big EQ grind and looking forward to the casual mode that will allow us to time gear 11 alts over the course of years if we choose to. :)
  14. -HT- New Member

For some people, Agnarr being locked at PoP-LDoN is a problem, for folks like me, it's a blessing that means that some day the grind will end and you'll be able to enjoy the world in it's best ever state indefinitely.