Dear Disappointed Players on Agnarr/Coirnav

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Grebhiker, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Silinius Augur

lol you really think that one person with 30+ characters can kill content in Gates of Discord and beyond? You really are out of touch with game mechanics in the post Classic - PoP era.

While we do have 1-2 big boxers left on the server, the current era content is instanced and they are hard pressed to finish most of the content for keying to even get into end game content like Txevu and Tacvi. There is also no benefit to them killing said content for the purpose of RMT because they can't add people to the DZ without said buyer getting a lockout and screwing themselves out of normal raiding with their own guilds.

You should really educate yourself on the current state of the game on Ragefire and Lockjaw before trying to reply with a "witty" comment. It's misinformation at best and lame trolling at worst.
  2. Silinius Augur

Some people just like the Classic - PoP era and didn't take advantage of it on earlier servers. Yes, they went in knowing Agnarr was a PoP-Lock and that they couldn't transfer off server. But once they get bit by the EQ bug, they want to see more.

If people get hooked up with a decent guild on Lockjaw or Ragefire, it's actually pretty easy to level up and develop a character of similar or better quality than what they currently have on Agnarr. 1-65 in 2 days? Yup. Another 50-75 aa per day after that? Yup. Come to raids and loot trash drops 1-2 xpac's beyond where Agnarr currently is. Yup.

You now have a character equal to or better than the character you spent a year or more on leveling on Agnarr, within a couple weeks time.
    jeskola likes this.
  3. Meredyth Augur

Well to be fair, Ragefire has boxers who box 18-30 each and were able to clear all the instanced and open world content through Tacvi so it is definitely possible to do it.
  4. Death Strudel Augur

But we do like to play new content, none of which we will see if we stay put.
  5. Machentoo Augur

I know all the events post PoP pretty darn well, and I do think it could be done. 30 accounts, with the tools that are available on ragefire/lockjaw, yeah I think you could clear GoD, OoW, DoN. Maybe DODH and PoR, that's where the scripting really gets a bit laborious. After that I'm not sure, but more due to not knowing how the power changes to players will impact the numbers needed to beat events TSS onward.

It would be an interesting challenge, maybe something fun to try on live with free to play accounts.
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

<Kuk Clan>, forever in our hearts. I miss his weekly server update posts so much :(
  7. Death Strudel Augur

Lots of people playing on the dirty servers. All of them. It's fun. I know that fun is an alien concept to many, but it is, to many, the reason to play.
  8. Grebhiker Lorekeeper

LOL. You really have no clue if you think Lockjaw is overrun with automated people running rampant. Are there some? Yes. Like the one or two people who farm hill giants for plat. But most of the time if you enter the zone or start killing they log out. Pretty much the rest of the time if you want to play or kil about ANYTHING group wise its available.

Please get your story right before spewing garbage.
    jeskola and Adrienna like this.
  9. Lumiens Augur

My observation of getting to 65 on Ragefire recently is that it seems like there is quite a few accounts on the server but it's not a lot of individual people. All guilds other than Cor Tempus are comprised of about 20 to 30 people boxing 3+ accounts on raids, with other guilds even more heavily boxing.

Can't say how Lockjaw is, haven't played on it but it has considerably less people on it than Ragefire does.

If you wan't to box on one machine then Ragefire/Lockjaw are definitely a place you will enjoy. Agnarr, Phinny and Corinav are much more populated and lively though if you are more into that.
  10. Kobra Augur

On Lockjaw, the guild Damage is about 40 to 50 real players. There are a few boxers on raids, but not many. The casual nature of the guild attracts non boxers.

Its a great guild, there are no annoying people on voice comms, no krono farmers, no huge box crews, the guild has a policy of inviting people into groups and dropping boxes for real players.

They have a fair dkp system, and only raid 3 times a week. It is a great guild and the only reason I continue to play on LJ instead of sticking only with live.

I can only speak for Damage, I have not been in any other guilds since classic. If I had to make a second choice, I would probably go with DHS, heard good things about them too. The current Faceless guild is a good choice too. I rag on them about stuff that happened in classic, but the current leadership is good in my eyes.

I have never grouped with anyone from Midnight Phyre. To me, seeing one of them around is like a big foot spotting.
  11. Adrienna New Member

I returned to Lockjaw a few weeks ago and have been working on my 6-box team. I would love to raid at some point, since I quit EQ during GoD and missed the entire rest of the game. I have been researching the 4 prominent raiding guilds on the server, and they all seem to be EST based. Is any of them more friendly to a PST player who can't really raid until after preschooler bedtime (around 8 pm PDT)? Thanks! :)
  12. Silinius Augur

Sure, I guess it's possible if all 30 of those characters are completely geared out but your average boxer doesn't fully gear out all 30 characters with in era gear. I think you are speaking to a very small exception and not the rule when it comes to boxers.
  13. Sturn Augur

Or move to live and have a char even better than that in one day...
  14. Silinius Augur

No, just salty because of new forum users spreading misinformation about servers they don't have a clue about. Carry on new user... carry on.
    Adrienna likes this.
  15. Silinius Augur

That is also a thing! Though I think you're talking to people who want to see content closer to where Agnarr / Coirnav. LJ and RF are only 1-2 xpac's ahead of where Agnarr will lock.
  16. Silinius Augur

I think all of the raiding guilds on Lockjaw have similar raid times :(

We all start somewhere around 8-8:30pm ET. The major difference is in how often you want to play and which days you want to play.

I think DHS is Mon, Wed, Thurs, Faceless is Mon, Tues, Thurs, Friday officially with offnight stuff the other nights and I'm not sure on MP or Damage.
  17. Machentoo Augur

Yeah, that would be the fun of the challenge. You'd have to gear up as a raid force. I guess it would be extremely time consuming.
  18. ForumBoss Augur

Shameless plug: To those disgruntled folks.. my PST guild, the broken wave, is still going strong on Phinny, and would welcome fresh players who are committed to stick around a while. A cler/sham/druid/.. or even pally would be great. We have helped catch up a few recent recruits from other servers without issue.
  19. Gremin Augur

DHS is PST based. Our raids begin at 6pm pst/9pm est and run about 3 hours. Talk with Boffin in game if interested or have any questions.
    jeskola and Adrienna like this.
  20. jeskola pheerie

Why do I feel like you were there 2 years ago and are talking out your , and are probably one of the reasons the server had a bad rep in the early days?

Oh wait you are the guy who wants an IP based no box server (will never happen) and actually requested full xp lockouts where server xp is set to zero. You have many awesome posts from the last month!