Dear Developers: here are some suggestions that you should consider

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sandy100, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Sandy100 Elder

Sadly, the developers believe that the only way to keep or even grow their revenue is to have more progression servers and higher levels with the same spells except they are stronger. There hasn't been a good expansion with great creativity since Plane of Knowledge in my opinion. Thus, here are some out of the box suggestions for a new and very different server.

One of the eq emulators has generated a LOT of buzz and player attention with the addition of a classless server. Yes you read that correctly. You would pick a class just at the start but can tailor it as you see fit. Thus, all classes can use all spells, although there is still the limited number of spell gems. They also have reduced the time for regeneration of health and mana to one tick every two seconds. IN fact, here are some of the changes:

Stat-based gameplay, now with less confusion:
    * Generally, all stats will contribute to the power of your character directly as opposed to passively through hidden bonuses. We want you to be able to feel the power increase each time you get an upgrade.
    * Each stat contributes in more ways than just the ways listed.
    - Strength increases melee power
    - Stamina increases max HP pool at a greater factor than other stats
    - Dexterity increases critical chance.
    - Agility increases spell and melee haste.
    - Intelligence increases spell damage.
    - Wisdom increases spell healing.
    - Charisma is the hybrid stat, and increases melee, spell damage and spell healing but offers minimal resource increases.
    - Statistics have additional effects that may not be listed here. Try them out and see what you like!
    - No boxing, strict 1 IP limit - the world is yours and yours alone to travel through.
    - Classless system - All players are able to use and scribe any spell scroll, wield any item, and more. Use any classes' spells in any capacity that you feel comfortable with. Earn your favorite hybrid's spells!
    - All items are no longer nodrop - Hand-me-downs were one of the best things about EverQuest, and having all items tradeable expands on this feature.
    - Increased Regeneration - Outside of combat, your HP/Mana regen is increased significantly, and ticks happen every 2 seconds. This speeds up the pace of gameplay, and makes downtime a thing of the past.
    - Accurate EverQuest - With the support of the Rise of Zek database, the game looks, feels, and is authentically EverQuest. Power to the pixels!
    - A hub zone - This zone is considered a Haven zone, to let you get your bearings before you go out into the world and start killing monsters. There is a teleporter in the area that will teleport you to a few locations, however, if you ask nicely. An ability will take you back to the starting zone at any time. It's also named after a Dark Souls ability... so that's cool too.
    - RNG-based loot system - NPCs throughout the world will have a chance to drop spells. Spells are one of the many forms of progression here on Classless, and are quite the commodity for trading.
    - Classless 2.0's unique advancement system means that you'll level up your 'level' by gaining AA points - and this will allow you to buy statistic points with the AA point window.
    - Classless 2.0's unique level scaling system will allow you to adventure anywhere at any time when finding new friends in the wild. NPCs you engage in combat with will scale up to your level, but not down. Zones will forever not be trivial.
    - Invisible Augments drop throughout the world in armor, weapons, and jewelry. They empower items from traditional EverQuest with hidden potential. The Distill Augment ability on your AA window will remove the item, and grant you an augment of the stat that was rolled. Dungeons and hot zones will reward you with extra augmentations.
    - Crafted items and quest rewards result in items with empty augment slots to use the Hidden Augments you distill.

-50% increase in experience similar to what is found on FV Server.
    - You can opt-out of scaling by turning on PVP using a "Toggle PVP" AA. While you can farm NPCs easily, you will be able to be attacked by other players and that's a risk you have to take.
    - Charm, DoTs, and many more spells have been rebalanced to make sure their power is kept in check with a classless server.
    - "Chaos Hotzones" - entire zones get their NPC placement randomized, and additionally grant more augments in gear, plus a nice exp bonus too!

In return for these enhanced goodies, there will be only one player boxing. Thus, boxing with multiple accounts will end!! I don't know if they even have mercenaries too.

Some people will probably discount this because they are used to the same old thing. However, this new server is garnering a LOT of news, player attention, and admiration. In fact, players really like the changes. If you want to turbo charge EQ into the next decade with the possibility of attracting a LOT of new players, this might be the way to go for a new experimental server.
  2. Duder Augur

I stopped reading at this line, beyond ridiculous.
    Axxius, Imak, Winnowyl and 5 others like this.
  3. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

I stopped reading after Plane of Knowledge was an expansion...okay that is a lie as I read most of it.

Sounds like someone is doing what you want. You should go there. The rest of us will hang here and keep it going when you come back.

...cause they always come back...
    Miss_Jackie and Ninelder like this.
  4. Febb Augur

[IMG]
    Axxius and Andarriel like this.
  5. AcemoneyFV Augur

Yeah, it's a hard no from me.
  6. Maedhros High King

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

Not only NO, but

не только нет, но, черт возьми, нет
    ليس فقط لا ، ولكن لا الجحيم
    No solo no, sino infierno no

and last of all

NO, NYET, Nein and NOPE

8. Axel Furry Hats OP

So now everybody wears plate, uses SK epic, warrior defensives, constantly has bard Aria up, Casts Chromatic Haze, Enchanter Dicho, then Mage pet, then Druid NBW and now everything is dead in 2 ticks with 0 difficulty to any raid whatsoever. Anybody can walk into a raid instance and solo it.

GG, worst idea ever
  9. Xatt Journeyman

Sandy go back and play with Spongebob and Patrick you are playing the wrong game.
    AcemoneyFV likes this.
  10. tyrantula Elder

Sounds like a plug.

You confuse Plane of Knowledge with the name of the actual expansion, Planes of Power. That leads me to believe that you're an on-off player looking for your OG EQ fix that you still can't find because the only thing I agree with you on is DBG releasing progression servers like hotcakes. Beyond annoying.
  11. Act of Valor The Newest Member

This is getting ridiculous. Make your own game.
  12. smash Augur

Stopped reading
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

No thank you
  14. Tucoh Augur

This is the only thing I'd really be interested in. Would be great to go check out some of the wacky zones I've never played in and fight level-appropriate mobs.

One of the themes of another game, Path of Exile, is that each new season comes with a fresh set of mechanics or rule-sets. EQ's TLP servers could do with variety in rulesets that isn't just exp multiplier and unlock speeds. I don't know what those rules look like and how hard they'd be to implement, but it'd be interesting to see what EQ devs could come up with.
  15. Lannin Elder

Wow , how about instead of all that , we get some timers , for you know , AURA's !
  16. Warpeace Augur

Better yet make it a permanent part of the class so its always present. Say starting at lvl 105 (could really be any level) buy the corresponding AA and never worry about it again. No remembering to cast it or even recast it.
    Lannin and Yinla like this.
  17. Sandy100 Elder

All of you can knock this all you want,but the server that instituted this was so popular that it crashed the server!! This would bring in literally 10s of thousands of new players. As for mentioning the wrong expansion, yes, I should have said, "Planes of Power." However, the plane of knowledge was the jewel , in my opinion, in that expansion. As far as I am concerned, the results speak for themselves. What is the harm in starting a trial server with these rules? Oh yes, I get it. Those who are in progression servers will migrate to the new server and probably many raiders will migrate too.
  18. Lianeb Augur

We must have read different articles

https://www.reddit.com/r/everquest/comments/cghwc2/everquest_classless/
  19. Act of Valor The Newest Member

lol
  20. Verily Tjark Augur

I thought I bought all expansions... How did I miss the Plane of Knowledge one?
    Miss_Jackie, Coagagin and Flatchy like this.