Dear Design Team

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Acrimony, Mar 22, 2023.

1. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I'm wondering if it was the kind nature of the OP, or my calling out a dev by name that got any attention to this thread at all. There's a thread in bugs about it, nothing yet.

There are tons of items over the years that do this. Some armors had to be fixed if I recall.

I just have to wonder how any single thing ever got released looking like this.

If you have no test environment that replicates the player experience, of the marketplace window or the in-game appearance of things. Are you using a janky viewer tool and calling it a day? Does this stuff ever get viewed by any QA person at all?

When you all make the move to support DX11 are all these items going to magically look proper?

Are you going to work on the PixelShader 2.0 before the DX11 update?

Best advice just leave all the fancy options off and use stick figures? Best performance option there?
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Removing helm also helps a lot with lighting, when its too bright. :)
  3. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Yes, I'm keeping note of these for the QA department as well.

Don't just look with a level 1 human and think you're done seeing what an item looks like in EQ.
  4. Aiona Augur

This is what I do for now, as a temporary solution.

I heard that 2.0 Shaders are required to be on to see some raid indicators or something, I don't recall quite what it was. Does anyone recall anything about that or is it no longer an issue?

All I remember is I came across the conversation when searching info for target rings or ground indicators, or something similar.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Jedis Arch Mage

That's an important note for the artists!

Things to test for all new textures/graphics:
    1. Regular vision (human) (day and night)
    2. Infravision (day and night)
    3. Ultravision (day and night)
    4. With lightsources around that reflect light (day and night)
    5. With Shaders on (day and night)
    6. Preview window in market for said item
    Skuz and MasterMagnus like this.