Dead Horse and ROF Raid Currency

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zirk, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Stubar Augur

Yup, definitely a dead horse. They are rare chase items and should be priced higher. 840 is not ridiculous if you really want them. The problem is, most people realize that they really aren't THAT great and don't care anymore so getting a real force together for old content can be tough.
  2. Caudyr Augur

I'm of the opinion, personally, that the currency for raiding content should be the following:

Current expansion costs: No change (unless they make really ridiculous #s or something, of course)
    Previous expansion costs: Half price (so as to help push people into the current expansion faster, now that this is 'outdated' content)
    Two expansions old costs: 1/4 price (so as to help people who are struggling to get into previous expansion content get there...if it's even necessary...but it couldn't hurt).

I do agree that, especially now that it's not 'current' content, t2 gear is kind of crazily priced...but I also see your reasoning, too...and I agree with it in a sense, but...I do think that having everything from "non-current" expansions cost the same as they originally did is kind of blargh, heh.

I do agree with you on one thing, though...I'm not sure anything will ever come of any of this, heh.
    Actually...this might be a better option than what I suggested above. This could be kind of what they plan to do anyway...but it wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea to have it encompass all (at least raid) currencies eventually degrade into this. The only problem is that the pricing scheme probably would snowball out of control...because this is sony we're talking about, heh. ^^
  3. Yesway Augur

I would like to see a way to convert currency between tiers. If you have a bunch of tier 1 and 2 that you won't ever use be able to upgrade to higher tier at a loss. Or trade down at a slight increase. I don't really see any reason why this shouldn't be acceptable. Otherwise you'll end up with a bunch of old currency that you don't use *and we all have that*.
  4. Tarrin Augur

Down, yes.
    Up, nah.
  5. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Alternately, increase the amount of currency that drops from old events, along with chest loots.
  6. Coruth Augur

Down should be fine at 1-1.
    Even up should be fine, as long as the penalty fee was significant 4-1 or so.

Still to me Currency is totally bonus.
    My only real gripe is Spells should cost the same, since its same item.

So using VOA for example.
    In tier2, Minors cost 24.
    In tier3, minors should have also cost 24.
  7. Caudyr Augur

Yes, I agree with the spell costs. They should definitely all be the same price.

With regards to the currency conversion 'up' the tiers...I agree with the 4-1 or so up conversion...so long as that doesn't exit the expansion's currency (also assuming they don't consolidate it all into one currency).

To make the conversions up be 'easy' for each tier...they could actually do a 5-1...though I personally think a 3-1 ratio would possibly be better, personally.

To convert down, though...imo it should go down at a 1 to 2 ratio. As in...1 t4 currency = 2 t3 currency = 4 t2 currency = 8 t1 currency. The reason I say it like this is that if you're getting t4 currency/armor then you're likely only going to be spending the currency on lower tier stuff for spells and/or chaser items like those clickies, etc. As such...I don't see the problem with this, personally.

Of course, it would again be a moot point if they decided to consolidate the currency and reprice everything...and then just stuck with the one currency for t2 cotf anyway (y'know, lock the armor and stuff behind kills before you can unlock it, maybe, i dunno).