DD and DoT Calculator

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Beimeith, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Beimeith Lord of the Game

For anyone interested, this excel workbook will correctly calculate any combination of mods for DDs and DoTs.

http://elitegamerslounge.com/home/calculator/EQ_Spell_Damage_Calculator.xlsm

It was made in Excel 2007, so any version after that should open it, and I -think- 2003 will also work if you have the compatibility pack installed.
    It has not been tested in Open Office, Libra Office, or any other spreadsheet program so I cannot say it will work there.

Simply type in the values and it will automatically update.
    There are some limited instructions if you mouse over certain fields.

There are 4 Macro buttons for DDs and DoTs:

Two of them (Burn/Non-Burn) are just pre-set Examples that will populate the fields with sample data.
    The reset button will blank out all fields.
    The "Rainbow Table" button will create tables of every possible value based on the data entered. (Aka, if you have a focus effect that is 50-100, it will create a table containing each value using the mod 50, 51, 52, ... 98, 99, 100).

Macros are by default disabled in Excel for security purposes. You will have to enable them for them to work. I will provide the source for anyone that wants it to check.

If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, or problems, please post in the thread and I will see what I can do to solve them.
    Khat_Nip and Sirene_Fippy like this.
  2. Vivamort Augur

So it opens in Open Office, but I don't see a way to get it to put the macros in.

However that isn't my major issue.
    My major issue, is I do not know spa 1 from the spa at the gym, can I get a guide to what the spas are in layman terms?

Spa 124 is? and Spa 286 is? and they are both worn? as an example.
  3. Marshall Maathers Augur

4. Vivamort Augur

Okay thank you, but still
    124 Fc_Damage_%
    286 Fc_Damage_Amt

Doesn't mean too much to me.. what value is it looking for?

is 124 looking for the max value of the relevant focus? or the min value, or what? and what is 286 looking for?
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

This guide was written specifically for Wizards so the values are set for Wizards, but it should give you an idea.

http://www.elitegamerslounge.com/home/eqwizards/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=26

I made a similar one for DoTs based on Necromancers. It was posted on Necrotalk, but I haven't updated it since they don't like me very much. It may not even be there anymore, idk.
  6. Sancus Augur

First off, this is an awesome spreadsheet, thank you.

I'm curious about modifying it for Rains. Assuming it's hitting 1 target (3 waves), would it be better set the "Number of Targets" field to 3 and set base damage as the damage of 1 rain, or to multiply the base damage and spell damage by 3? I'm thinking the former would work, but I'm not 100% sure what mods are adversely affected by changing that.

Edit: There are also other mods that are added to each rain line individually, but I don't have access to them in game so I'm primarily concerned with spell damage being calculated correctly.

Also I guess a similar question applies to Salvo... Since SD is applied to all 5 lines, I believe multiplying worn SD by 5 would achieve the correct result?
  7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Welcome.

For rains, you want to use the value of a single hit, and change the number of targets, that is what the number of targets is there for :). So if you are using Rain on 4 targets, you would enter 4, or if you are using it on a single target, 3 (since rains only hit 3 times on a single target). If you are using a Beam, you would enter 12 targets (or the number you actually hit), etc. The number of targets line is a simple multiplier, that multiplies the value of each mod after everything else, simulating a hit on that many mobs.

Salvo is a bit of a special case. To be completely accurate you will have to enter each damage line separately, then manually add the results yourself.

You should be able to approximate it by summing up the total base damage of the lines, divide it by the number of lines, enter the result as the base, and then modify the number of targets by the divisor. As an example:

1: SPA 0 Base1=-3543 Base2=221 Max=3543 Calc=100 --- Decrease Current HP by 3543 (If At Least 1 Pet On Hatelist)
    2: SPA 0 Base1=-3897 Base2=223 Max=3897 Calc=100 --- Decrease Current HP by 3897 (If At Least 3 Pets On Hatelist)
    3: SPA 0 Base1=-4780 Base2=226 Max=4780 Calc=100 --- Decrease Current HP by 4780 (If At Least 6 Pets On Hatelist)
    4: SPA 0 Base1=-7439 Base2=230 Max=7439 Calc=100 --- Decrease Current HP by 7439 (If At Least 10 Pets On Hatelist)
    5: SPA 0 Base1=-10787 Base2=235 Max=10787 Calc=100 --- Decrease Current HP by 10787 (If At Least 15 Pets On Hatelist)

3543 + 3897 + 4780 + 7439 + 10787 = 30,446 / 5 = 6,089.2 -> 6,089

If you entered 6,089 as the base damage, then 5 as the number of targets, it should be approximately the same final result as calculating each line separately than adding, though each line itself will be off.
    Sancus likes this.