DBG overhead and revenue.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nebulos, Dec 21, 2018.

1. a_librarian Augur

To be honest, that is hilarious
    Brohg likes this.
  2. IblisTheMage Augur

I think EQ is growing, the brand value is huge. Hard, demanding, or difficult games are hot right now.

EQ Classic is quite a lot more demanding than WoW, and EQ Live is to classic what chess is to tictactoe. In between these TLP...

I think DBG should launch a P1999 ruleset server, get a modern gfx engine for Live, and make a new non-shroud shroud system that enables play in old expansions :). F2P should be limited to lvl 30. Oh, and allow character transfers from P1999 >:). Muahaha... maybe even allow the P1999 dms to dm on the new classic server...
  3. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

It's funny until you realize that it is far worse than censorship. They (DBG) are literally lying about what you say. How will you like it when they just start posting compliments to themselves on your behalf every time you criticize them, constructively or otherwise?

This is intentional fraud and misrepresentation, and it should be reviled.
  4. Ceffener Augur

What is the planned shutdown date for DCUO and LOTRO? Currently have had 7 years and 11 years respectively off my lifetime subs for those games, so would like to know what the life expancy planned all those years ago was.
    Maedhros likes this.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Less than 400 lifetime memberships left. Betcha they will be gone by midday tomorrow.

And they are advertising for senior financial analyst - pay is decent for that position. So maybe they are looking at options to increase income.
  6. IblisTheMage Augur

Sorry, not following: are you sayin DBG is lying?
  7. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Sorry - you gotta follow the quote trail backwards :) This was a tangent conversation regarding Anzo's claim that DBG changed his post: Not just blocked out words that he said, but actively changed his words to something else and made no indication of their change. It is insidious and dishonest, and in today's climate of mistrust and lies, it is shameful. Even if some intern or producer thought it might be funny.
  8. Khat_Nip Meow

There are a number of sites that filter specific keywords/phrases and convert them to something of their choosing. The news aggregation site fark.com does this, as an example.
  9. Smokezz The Bane Crew

What's really amazing is the number of people that seem to know how "our" EQ money is spent (it's not our money, it's Daybreaks money and they're free to spend it however the hell they want to...). It's really amazing how people "know" how many players there are on other games. (You don't, unless you work for Daybreak or EA).
    Herodotus likes this.
  10. Herodotus Augur

Don't ruin their fun with guesswork. For some folks, that's all they have. It's their lifeline with reality.

Now I must get back to being my little Paladin. I am my Paladin. I want to be my Paladin. I must be my Paladin.

I am not addicted. I am not addicted. I am not addicted. There's no place like home. Auntie Em !!! Uncle Henry!! I'M HOME!!!
  11. Volgare Journeyman

they know the truth anzo, you do need a hug, and maybe a prostate exam for good measure.
    Pirlo, Brohg and A-Quad like this.
  12. Ceffener Augur

Obviously 3999 lifetimes were sold for EQ and 1 for EQII, this is know.
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Given the average age of EQ players, QFT!
  14. A-Quad Augur

lol -- sup Volg!

don't let the ghosts in the machine get you down, Anzo. abuse of power is the way of the world... it's been this way through time immemorial.
    Volgare likes this.
  15. Chikkin Augur

I just realized this forum doesn't have multiquoting. I guess I could probably so manually or something. Anyway ..

"No Fun Allowed!" is my first thought at the censorship thing, I do agree that it's probably not the best as for a company practice, I don't think it's as big a deal as Name felt it was. (At least not here, in this case).

As for the population comment, probably wasn't even referring to me, but I wanted to say I actually enjoyed tracking it when I was. I don't start it up again now because EQ Resource has their history thing going, plus I had pretty much gotten it determined what Low to Med threshold was, but was nearly impossible to figure out Med to High, and I just had a ballpark number give or take 250. There is probably some here who don't even remember the numbers being in the server list, or how some servers had 3000-3500 and constant complaining about overcrowding before all the server splits.

Also, lol hugs and prostate checks, a good number of us....well I'll just say that when you are in the Army, anybody over age 40 has a mandatory prostate check.
  16. IblisTheMage Augur

That is what we call a Copenhagen Special.
  17. AnzoRagespirit Augur

Lol don't look at the forums for a day and come back to people talking about my prostate...what happened while I was gone!!!
    Nolrog likes this.
  18. Herodotus Augur

I guess you didn't see your test results. The planning for your memorial service is going well. I think you will be pleased.
  19. IblisTheMage Augur

Palliative treatment includes a Copenhagen Special three times a day. Please inform your wife.
  20. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This is the trend I am seeing as well.

Case in point....a longtime WoW player recently tried P99. And can't put it down.

He outlines his reasons in a video, and has been streaming his playtime. I agree with most of what he says. Though, the P99 community is one I more closely align with than the current TLP krono miners.

Players are spending more in EQ than EVER. Why? Because we enjoy the crap out of EQ.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.