DBG: Content should dictate the rule, the rule should not dictate content.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zhutuak, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Zhutuak Augur

I just wanted to point out how ridiculous it really is to require everyone in the player base to join a min size 36 player guild just so you can kill content that requires six to twelve players.

I fully understand that I am asking you to take a vocal stance, as you have been seen encouraging the rotation to allow for content to un guilded and smaller guilds, yet you ban those same players for forcing the issue.

So can you take a stance and support the content dictating who should and should not be accessing it as opposed to what we have now, specifically sky. I am not calling for a do away w/ rotations, I am simply asking for rotations to rotate stuff that actually requires a real raid force that typically requires more coordination than simply merging a couple of pugs to kill what the single group can not.

Make content more accessible to more of your player base w/o requiring them to join a guild, thank you.
    Saphfyre likes this.
  2. Saphfyre Elder

Well said!

As it is now small guilds have no chance of killing raid targets. Remember guild alliances? Where two small guilds join forces to kill a raid target? Not allowed in the current rotation.
  3. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Best thing you can do is quit the TLP and stop paying. That speaks larger volumes than hoping a drugged out parent like DBG will come in and administer some rules.
    Rhodz and lockjaws like this.
  4. Hateseeker Augur

Not having a rotation means FFA, which means that the guilds that have mega-portions of the playerbase will lock it down, and you'll end up having to join that huge guild one way or another. Sure, this might let you get away with going in and killing some Sky trash that you can't currently do, but the price in inability to do other content would be too high. Only increasing the content (like instancing) available is a true solution.

If EQ actually supported fair competition, and, for example, wasn't vulnerable to zerging/subbing more accounts, it might be different, but that is the reality, so only having sufficient content availability is an answer here.
    Lokomotiva and Simone like this.
  5. lockjaws Augur

Reported for continuously spamming new threads complaining about this issue.
    Lokomotiva, Zanarnar, Simone and 5 others like this.
  6. Zhutuak Augur

Oh I could not agree more Hateseeker, the balance of players, which seems to have dwindled somewhat, to the the amount of contested content is skewed. I am asking for what I am w/ the thought process that they will not be raid expeditioning any content anytime soon.

No reason to ask for something that has been repeatedly rejected and continuously asked for by everyone else. My request is to give everyone an opportunity to enjoy content that can be defeated with smaller numbers. I can four man isle one and have no doubt a balanced well geared group could do isel two. I believe it possible for a couple of decently geared groups to be able to do isle three. Isle four is up for debate as the mitigation debuff will make it difficult to dps enough though the dt`s. But who can say for sure, people are not allowed to try.

And the reasoning is typically hypocritical at best.
  7. lockjaws Augur

You guys are in the same guild, so your opinion is moot. How was your suspension by the way?
  8. Zhutuak Augur

I am in that process, I still have some time on my accounts, may as well actively work to better the situation till the end.
  9. Zhutuak Augur

I am unguilded, do you always speak when you really do not know?
  10. lockjaws Augur

Unguilded now, not when you were suspended for your Sky charade.

HO HAH!
    Lokomotiva likes this.
  11. Zhutuak Augur

You really have no idea what you are talking about, I have been un-guilded since day one and for the majority of my mmo playing time. I find it helps minimize the time I have to spend on non sense like this.
  12. Saphfyre Elder

I was not suspended. Plus I am not in the OP guild.
  13. Rhodz Augur

This is so true.
    Went back to Live, not that its any better, and when the wife and I get to the point of our subs lapsing then cancelling. Can easily play that game free with a good duo so plan on being a continuous drain on DBG till folds its tent or something better (well run) comes along. All of which I think is just a crying shame but heh
  14. code-zero Augur

Easier to just edit :p
  15. Vlorg Augur

this is merely a classic problem. ( sky for bosses being 6-man'able).

As time go on raid content will become actual raid content... unless you guys plan on rotating the hall of testing in ToV...
  16. Makelite Augur

There's all ready been talk about kael because of AoW so I wouldn't be surprised.
  17. Rhodz Augur

Yeah because embracing the worst kind of mudflation makes so much more sense than hoping for something better.
  18. code-zero Augur

Using the logic of "mudflation" there would never be any more expansions after the release of Classic Everquest. Not even Kunark because that expansion brought a level increase that was by percentage the biggest in the entire history of the game as well as Epic weapons and class armor that retired everything from Antonica

Mudflation is not an argument for anything because the worst mudflation in the history of the game occurred with the very first expansion released
  19. Rhodz Augur

Not even close.
    What in RoK compares to Defiant gear?
    Nothing. That is not an uncommon conclusion at all. Looking back there was just enough inflation in RoK to spur purchases of RoK the real reason behind the entire matter.
    If it breaks the game previous to the expansion it is bad design period.
    So try again as everything up until long past PoP was fairly reasonable. Game design walks a knife edge and even the best designers occasionally must nerf something they allowed in game just like the best in any field make mistakes, with bad design the nerfs (mistakes) flow like very muddy water which happened here.
    Not to even get into the AA inflation on top of everything else. Why do you think mobs in Classic and RoK (SoV I am unsure of) were AC buffed at one point which was just another form of nerfs. They became trivial.

Live is ok, hell I play it, but dont lie to yourself its not well made in that regard.
  20. code-zero Augur

Let me put it another way since you brought up RoK having power boosts as a way of spurring sales.

Mudflation is an illegitimate concept in any sort of progressive game. Again, without improvement in gear, spells, levels, etc. it becomes a chatroom with 3D graphics very quickly.