DB promotes toxic game play

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Canofpepsi, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Zansobar Augur

Giants should be reverted to their classic loot table, that is, drop level appropriate plat amounts and not the uber boosted amounts added at a much later date. This would help immensely for Rathe Mts and also reduce the rate of platinum inflation on the server.
    Skuz and KimchiGoddess like this.
  2. heatawareness New Member

Guk is a raid zone?
  3. NotMyCharacterName New Member

I'm sure the OP is talking about making the zone create picks at a lower threshold. I suggest just nerf giants like they did the aqua goblins in butcherblock. Would be a pretty sweet spot for exp parties after that.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

Instanced = Agent of Change, picks aren't solely for raid zones. And no, Guk is not a raid zone.
  5. heatawareness New Member

You think op is talking about popping an aoc so he can farm 10? giants that are up every 7 days? Instanced does not just mean aoc versions.
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Tweakfour17 Augur

No, OP is talking about picks, which RM does have, just not low enough for his liking. Other people said RM doesnt have an instance version since its not a raid zone. Usually people refer to an instance as via AoC and a pick as a 2nd OW version of the zone.
  7. Ebine Augur

They could just lower the plat that fall off the hill giants. They should be more inline with other mobs there level and the plat they drop.
  8. Tweakfour17 Augur

They could, but I don't think its that bad. OP can say it promotes toxic gameplay but its for the competitive people. Yeah, HG drop alot of plat per kill relative to their level, but with 15-45 people competing then total plat per player per hour isn't amazing. You can go to numerous other quieter camps and just grind away for decent cash w/o any of the behaviour you find toxic or unfavorable. Or go when the server is quiet. Or if you want to compete and get all the kills and ALL the plats, go to HG during primetime.
  9. Jaime Lannister Augur

Do you want even more lag?
    That's how you get more lag.
  10. Honkietonk Lorekeeper

I found it was more fun to run around on a rogue and pickpocket other people's giants, as it made decent money(definitely less than uncontested kills, though) with the side perk of driving the farmers insane. Bonus points when you disarm the weapons and snag those too.
    Vinlail, code-zero and Skuz like this.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I would rather DPG nerf the plat on the HG than create more picks that only exacerbate the problem.

DB don't intentionally create, or in your words promote toxic gameplay at all, toxic players do that all by themselves.
    KimchiGoddess and code-zero like this.
  12. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

There is no reason for rathe mountains to have its pick threshold lowered, Lots of places to go farm plat. Increasing the number of picks for Rathe Mountains will make the problem worse, not better. Your short sighted cry for you to make easy plat is unwarranted.
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

"Having been in RM a few times with mid-40's groups, just had to give up because of spawn-stealing, or Droodies roaming thru and picking off nameds in a given zone as we laboriously fight to the spawn point..."

"This zone is always packed, everyone has the same idea and everyone is struggling just to find a MOB that hasn't already been taken!"

These observations/posts are from 2004. They didn't adjust anything in the last 16 years - So why should TLP get special treatment now?
    Skuz likes this.
  14. trevock Augur

Or you know, you could make a mage or necro like everyone else does?

Oh and by the way, DPG doesn't recognize camps and it's DPS race so good luck.