Daybreak Winter Extravaganza! December 18 - 31

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roxxlyy, Dec 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KermittheFroglok Augur

I know some people that were upset that they missed out. Truth be told I just picked up another one as soon as they re-opened it because I was previously regretting not buying it for one more account.

It's possible DBG is comfortable with how much of their money is from micro transactions/expansions versus subs. Case and point, my fiancé & I bought 3 premium editions of ROS when it was on sale earlier this year and about $200 in DBC between our accounts, so we spent about $410 outside of subs. We only had 2 accounts monthly subbed at a time we subbed midyear but annualized our sub's would've been $360 since it was the monthly rate. DBG probably doesn't care that we're not spending $360 on two subs next year because we just paid them $1,200 for membership upfront & the company probably assumes the bulk of their EQ revenue from us will continue to be Marketplace/expansions purchases, maybe more now that we have 4 All Access accounts instead of just 2.

I suspect Benito is correct that this could just be an indicator that DBG is going to monetize more through micro transactions. However, I trust DBG is going to stay true to the concept of not letting players "pay for power". If you think about it, they already offer neat microtransactions for things like Heroes Forge armor, merc. slots, and key rings. You don't need these things at all to the play the game, but they make it a little more enjoyable and some are willing to pay for the convenience, decorations, or fun cosmetics.

So in brief, I'm not worried since it could just indicate that DBG is going to make more from microtransactions than subs.

Edit: Trying to fix my formatting, I give up!
    taliefer likes this.
  2. Cazmac Augur

You mean, lifetime xp? ROFLMAO!!!
  3. Cazmac Augur

SSSHHHHH! Keep quiet and hope they won't notice!
  4. Cazmac Augur

But you can buy Adventure Potions!
    Pirlo likes this.
  5. Cazmac Augur

I have paid and played for almost 20 years. What bonus or reward do I get, other than the Veteran Rewards? My second account only dates from around 2013 but both are Gold and I'm having fun, so I suppose that is my bonus and my reward.
  6. CatsPaws Augur

So you want players who have only played less than a year to have what you have? Or are you saying the Vet rewards are us older players only bonus and it should not be shared by those playing less than 1 year? :)
  7. Burpledink New Member

Other people that have done the lifetime, does your character sheet say "dont miss out on your next bonus, click here to add time" or does it tell you when your next monthly bonus of 500 DBG cash is coming?

mine is telling me not to miss out, so im wondering if something is wonky with the auto 500 grant after a lifetime is purchased
  8. CatsPaws Augur

I think that is the default thing they are showing now for lifetime stuff in account management on the website. However if you log into the game and click the button to bring up the marketplace in the upper left you should see "ALL ACCESS' DB 500 reward then on next line it says "claimed" (cause I did last month) and under that it says next reward is 1/01/19. I think my old billing date was the 8th or 9th so they are perhaps streamlining all this so everyone is the first of the month. However if I look on my character inventory screen it shows 0 all access days left. Which it has said that since I bought the lifetime. So I think the system is not sure how to express over 9000 days or no next billing date. We will just have to wait and hear back from me in a few days to see if I get my months reward or anyone else who has gotten it since purchasing lifetime.
  9. Burpledink New Member

Not sure, its my in game window when i open the cash store that says "add time so you dont miss your next 500 DB reward", doesnt say when my next reward is.

I wonder if my consuming a krono after i did the lifetime sub flubbed things up in their system. Would kind of suck to lose the 500 free monthly due to that
  10. Ghubuk Augur

Why did you consume a krono after you did the lifetime sub?
  11. Burpledink New Member

CURIOSITY!
  12. Burpledink New Member

I think there are some kinks in your system. I purchased the 12 month + bonus after the lifetime, and i did not receive any daybreak cash
  13. Alekzandre Elder

Yeah, if they were, it would not provide the information this test case is designed to provide, as well as the Revenue.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.