@Daybreak Trading One Mangler Problem for Another

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Wildfires, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Warpeace Augur

That logic summoned Bulwarks need nerfed.
  2. Targin Journeyman

The Bulwark is one potential item out of 12 on a spell that has a 30 minute CD, to equip an entire 54 person raid with them seems like more effort than even most hardcore people would be willing to put forth.
  3. Warpeace Augur

Considering how available they are on live its not an issue.

I mean TPL decided Mass TL needed nerfed might as well go after this also.
  4. Targin Journeyman

Valid point, I am not familiar with raids on live and hadn't thought about the fact that there are probably many more bulwarks sitting on the bazaar there. Maybe they should if it is still an issue in raids on live and this was their goal.
  5. Warpeace Augur

The ability to gate out should never be an issue. The ability to gate out is a tool if you use it or not.
  6. Targin Journeyman

It is the ability to gate out and rapidly return via guild banner that is an issue.
  7. Warpeace Augur

How is gating and bannering back an issue?

So apparently you would like to nerf guild banners?
  8. Targin Journeyman

Because it is used specifically to avoid mechanics of certain encounters, sure its creative game play, but it seems obvious that the dev's don't want this to be a means of circumventing these mechanics so they nerfed TL in combat.
  9. Warpeace Augur

Yet you specifically said Guild banner to return. How many ways can one exit only to return via guild banner?
  10. Targin Journeyman

Not pointless arguing with you all day Warpeace, if you can't see the difference between

the various long cast time gate methods that would require rather rapid reaction time to be used for what AE TL is

and

having a window up that will allow you to instant zone to the lobby to avoid a DT that goes off faster than most non-casters can gate, can be clicked while mid-cast, can be left open for an entire raid for about 5 mins before it needs to be refreshed.

Then I don't know what to tell you.
  11. Warpeace Augur

Except they effect live servers and they have better options. Being short sighted is not an excuse to want nerf after nerf.

You cant even logically argue your guild banner back reply.

Hell add camp fires also.

Live and TLP need severed so they are two separate entities.
    Allayna and Yinla like this.
  12. suineg Lorekeeper

You are conflating two different aspects of the patch notes.
  13. a_librarian Augur

The TL nerf was probably to prevent people from training then vanishing from the zone in an instant, making it harder for the GMs to identify them
  14. torr New Member

Wizards have an incombat spell for this purpose. Decession.
    I always wondered why TL worked the way it did, 'cause Decession had so many more restrictions (and aggro), so it was a no-brainer to avoid using it. Now, it seems, working as intended.
  15. Drifter New Member

Going to give you props for the latest patch. I'm sure it sucks for some with the charm gate, but really, how many situations are there where you legitimately need to gate in the same zone with your charmed pet?

What I really liked was the exp meter changes.