Daybreak Needs to fix how missions can be kicked! You have no control!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Shireen, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Shireen New Member

If you join a mission with someone, you all kill off the last mob, and without your permission or agreement, the leader of that mission kicks everyone in the group out before they open the chest.

They as leader of that mission HAS/HAVE TOTAL CONTROL OVER YOUR ACCOUNT and how Daybreak will deal with your account. All because that leader of the mission cheated/exploited and kicked everyone out of the group before they opened the chest without your permission or agreement. But because Daybreak has given them as leader of that mission the right to do so YOU HAVE NO CONTROL OVER YOUR OWN ACCOUNT WHEN JOINING MISSIONS WITH ANYONE ELSE!

YOU HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THEM KICKING YOU OUT.....
    YOU HAVE NO CONTROL OVER HOW DAYBREAK NOW ACCUSES YOU OF EXPLOITING THE GAME..................

You never go back and do that mission again for days.... You never cheated/exploited that mission.... YOU HAVE NO CONTROL!

Never join a mission unless you are the leader of it is the only solution OR quit playing this game and move on to another game that treats their customers BETTER and that will actually REVIEW THE RECORDS OF THE KILL TIME STAMP, MISSION JOINED/STARTED STAMPS in their OWN RECORDS to prove if someone has cheated/exploited any given mission. BEFORE they blanket suspend people that were victims of ONE PERSON kicking them out of a mission that THE LEADER OF THE MISSION HAD/HAS TOTAL CONTROL OVER AND NO ONE ELSE! DAYBREAK DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOU OR YOUR TIME OR CHARACTER because they wont even check their own records to prove if you actually exploited that mission after you were kicked out of it by someone else. Daybreak is a multi-million dollar company and they have staff that can do a simple FIND check in their logs.

There are honest people out there that actually did not exploit that mission and Daybreak doesn't give rats behind about them and they wont even check their own records to prove it. When all they have to do is look up the killed time stamps or joined mission time stamps and they wont even do that.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Jumbur like this.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

The master looter always had the ability to screw you over lootwise, it seems the mission leader also had the ability to give you a suspension too. At least in this case.
    One can hope that they won't give future suspensions for future mission-kicks as the exploit has now been fixed.

If DBG had reviewed their logs a bit more closely before suspending people, then we could have avoided most of the wrongful suspensions. It would have made this issue a lot less messy.

Just looking up who didn't get a lockout timer is not good enough to filter out false positives, they need to look at join time and loot time too...

I think they should take a look on who looted 2(or more) OT-chests within a 6 hour timeframe instead...
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Huna Journeyman

Well they did just double down on refusing to listen to petitions and lift any suspensions. Go figure.
  4. Derd Augur

They did fix this that's what the patch was for you can no longer loot the chest and not get locked out. And who joins groups that are that sketchy that would be somebody I never play with again.
  5. Rulah New Member

I totally agree. Ive been banging my head into a wall trying to make them listen. I have not done any exploiting at all. After 2 days I finally got answear on my peitition. And what did I get?! I got an automated respons from them.

My respons was:
    Yeah I know, this is just a game. And I shouldnt take it seriously, but im investing so much time into this. And be accused of exploiting something, I have not done. And all I get is an automated copy paste respons after waiting 2 days. I lack words of how I feel. Im beeing treated so bad by the company im a customer to. They suspension me and spit on me with their replies.

And for the record I dont agree with the people saying cause its a bug thats been out there for years its ok to take advantage of it. Everyone knows that 5-10min mission wasnt meant to be farmed over and over again. When it both contains key parts that needed for last zone and random t1 loots. The people who did actually deserve some form of suspension.

I am innocent, I have log files. And I know I havent exploting that mission. And I know 2 of my fellow guild mates that also is suspended 7 days havent exploited it. This is wrong and it shouldnt be investigated right away.

Also one of the worst part is the rats in the forum cheering and claping for innocent people getting suspended. Dont they understand that in the long term it will affect their game play negative. How happy is someone that getting suspended for something you didnt do? With this action they taken, ive totally lost my trust to this company.
  6. Rulah New Member

Double post due to forum lagg.
  7. Shireen New Member

Daybreak needs to FIX who is allowed to kick anyone out of missions while we are doing them if they are going to base suspensions on such actions!

They did NOT fix it before the blanketed suspensions. They didn't even check to see if people ever went back and redid the mission after getting kicked out of it. IF they had of checked innocent people wouldn't be suspended right now. It wouldn't take them that long to check either a simple joined mission, killed named, got kicked out of mission, and chest opening. Anyone that had any of those before 6 hours of each other were the cheaters and exploiters. Anyone that did not weren't.

Fact is they allowed the leader of the mission to have control over everyone else account! There are innocent people out there that had no control over the leader kicking them out of the mission and they did not go back and redo that mission after! Yet they are getting punished. Daybreak needs to FIX who is allowed to kick anyone out of missions while we are doing them if they are going to base suspensions on such actions!
  8. Shireen New Member

There are INNOCENT PEOPLE that got suspended for 7 days all because the leader of the mission they were on kicked them out early before they opened up the chest.

We did NOT redo that mission before the 6 hour lock out timers were up, we did not loot anything from the chest, we did not kill that named again, some like myself days later did we get into another mission for that mob.

Daybreak is punishing us because they gave total control of our account over to the leader of the missions because of the way that they are checking to see is someone exploited is if they were out of the mission before the chest was open.

I got kicked out of the mission by the leader of the mission our whole group got kicked out by the leader before they opened up the chest and NOT ONE OF US BUT THAT LEADER had any control over it.
  9. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

10. Khat_Nip Meow

So, Shireen, what's your solution?

- Making it so the task leader can't kick people? That in itself introduces other problems.
    - Make it so the task leader can send a kick request to an individual and that individual can choose Accept/Deny to make it so? That won't work either if the person decides they're not going to leave.
    - Make it such that only individuals can remove themselves? Again that causes different problems.

So pray tell, what is the fix?
  11. Cone head Augur

To the OP, This is why I started to box. I have had a few in-game friends suspended or worse. So either they cheated them self or were in a pug with a player who cheated. This was a few years back but the primary reason I started to box. I now have control over who I group with.
  12. Shireen New Member

THAT IS A LIE! The GM that said that does NOT know what they are talking about they are towing the company line and feeding us what they are serving.

MY Character never cheated that exploit, I never redid that mission after the leader of the mission kicked my character out of the mission before they opened the chest!
    Because the cheater/exploiter that I was grouped with was cheating and used the exploit multiple times Daybreak NEVER checked the records to see if MY CHARACTER was doing that mission multiple times before the lock out was up!

I DID NOT EXPLOIT, I DID NOT DO ANYTHING WRONG BUT GROUP WITH AN CHEATER/EXPLOITER ONE TIME! Daybreak has the proof and they are just too lazy to check it. They made the mistake of not checking the kill time stamps, or the joined mission time stamps, or the left mission time stamp, or the opening chest time stamp. All they apparently checked was if you were kicked out of the mission or left the mission before the chest was opened.

SOLUTION IS VERY SIMPLE!

Daybreak Check their records!!! They can simply do a FIND on the kill time stamp logs, a FIND on the joined mission time stamp logs, a FIND on the removed from mission time stamp, a FIND on the opened chest time stamp logs. ALL OF THOSE COMBINED could prove who is cheating/exploiting the missions BEFORE they suspend innocent people that had the misfortune of joining a group where the leader of a mission is a cheater/exploiter!
  13. Huna Journeyman

Roxxlyy is tagged as Community Relations, not exactly a GM or Dev.
  14. svann Augur

15. Hexxaulted New Member

Honestly, at the end of the day, I think we should take our lumps, and do our best keep our noses clean going forward.

While the cycling through group missions has been a problem for a long time, what really stood out about this one is I assume the key pieces. They are meant to be a major time sink, and dropping the mission over and over removed that time sink.

I don't believe the majority of the people doing this are bad, or meant to break the game. I think for the most part they where just wanting to help their guilds and friends out. Also the event really is kind of fun.

I've read that people where getting raid gear but I don't know if that is true or not. That would be a little more concerning to me.

I would love to know what the actual percentage of paying customers (not accounts) where affected by the suspension. I know they can't release that type of information but I would guess it's +10%.

In my view there are two broad categories of players, casual and raiders. I would suspect the raiders where most hard hit by this. I know two or three raiding guilds at least on my server aren't raiding this week because of it. Many of these are long (LONG) time players.

We've had the privilege of getting to participate in beta for the last couple of expansions. I'd be curious to know if anyone bug reported it in beta. On the front end, you really have to poka yoke these things. I am glad to see the issues are being addressed.

I do think 7 days is border line, but 21 days is just harsh. I wish they had just sent out emails saying we know you did this and you'd better not do it again or else and fixed the problem. On the other hand at least a decision was made and followed through with.

There is another thread on the boards discussing several other issues that may or may not be considered exploits. There is definitely grey area out there over what is and isn't with in the community standards (named and collections in HA in particular).

I will be glad to have this week behind me and then get back to doing this thing that I have enjoyed doing for +17 years.
  16. Aaragonnnnn New Member

Hello,

i had 2 chars, got the 125 credits every time and had a lockout. I did the mission 10 times +. Then i got a bann. I do not know why exactly (because of my lockout and credits).

A bit strange it is. Playing this game 17 years now, never cheated.

Why the ban now? I want to avoid mistakes in the future. Hopefully someone answers.

Seems DBG did not look too close, they generously banned people from what i read here...
  17. Rorietoo New Member

Daybreak is benefiting from it greatly with people buying subscriptions and expansions (for alts) from the blanket suspensions anyhow.

What I've learned is that people can be pretty ugly and petty with their responses. There's a lot to say about someone who revels in someone's misery and asks that they be punished even more.

Most people's suspension will be lifted in a day or so. Enjoy or move on.
  18. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

If that is truly the case then I sympathize with your situation. I'm all for the suspensions, but I'd prefer them to be as accurate as possible.