Daybreak Customer Service

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Eggolas, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Eggolas Augur

If you are expecting a rant or vitriolic complaint, you may want to skip this post. Nothing to see.

If, on the other hand, you're interested in DB customer service . . . read on.

I alt-tab box three to four gold characters. Yesterday, the group killed Adan in Bane of Decay mission and the human operator made a somewhat stupid move that prevented the very last step from occurring. Said human operator then sent a nicely worded /petition from each character describing the event.

Within a few hours as a new group was about to begin another TBM LSA quest, in came a /tell from a GM. I won't go into details, because ultimately how the situation was handled is relatively unimportant. I was appreciative that the GM contacted me in game so quickly and knew the details of what had happened and sought to make sure I was OK with how it was going to be handled. That is the essence of customer service. Thank you.

Oh, and a very appropriate name for a GM problem solver. :)
  2. Metapsyche Augur

This was pointlessly cryptic... what’s with all the “human operator” nonsense? Lol
  3. Derd Augur

Not cryptic at all, it ensured we knew it had nothing to do with the game. Was purely his mistake, and that the gm knew that and still worked with him. Which is how the 4 or 5 times ive needed gm assistance in 19 years has been handled.
    Vumad, klanderso, Tarvas and 3 others like this.
  4. Gribble New Member

I had two instances where I contacted customer service over the last year and a half regarding quests. I was contacted within 2 hours each time and they were very helpful.

You gotta remember most people only mention customer service when they feel they've been wronged. Unfortunately people rarely mention CS when they have been helped :(
  5. Coagagin Guild house cat

A very polite, public thank-you to OPS and Support. Nicely done.

- Coag
    klanderso and Eggolas like this.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I also have had nothing but excellent interactions with customer support over the last 19 years.

But then again, I try to make full sentences, with verbs and nouns and adjectives to best describe the problem and leave out my personal feelings or threats of cancelling all <insert unbelievable number here> paid accounts.:D
    klanderso and Eggolas like this.
  7. Cicelee Augur

Wait a minute. Hold on.

You mean to tell me that someone was polite, kind and professional to someone in customer service.... and they responded back the same exact way?

WHAT IS THIS PLANET COMING TO???
  8. Greymantle Augur

Maybe his cat runs the alts :)
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Tucoh Augur

Every time I've contacted GMs in EQ they've been prompt and very helpful, even resolving issues that I wouldn't have been upset if they outright rejected.

The only time I've left unsatisfied is the three times I've asked to get my original name back on Bristlebane (Tuco) which got lost during a server merge while I wasn't playing. Maybe this year, now that I literally have 14 high level characters with Tuco in their name they'll counterfeit and restore my warrior's original name!
    Nniki, klanderso and Eggolas like this.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Every issue affecting my characters and accounts have been handled in a professional and friendly manner for the 20 years I have been playing Everquest.
    klanderso, Greymantle and Eggolas like this.
  11. AcemoneyFV Augur

I've only needed to contact customer support twice in my years of playing. Both times were for items missing and both times my items were restored. No problems here.
    klanderso likes this.
  12. 123Jimbob New Member

Most people have anger issues that may result in bad customer service.
    Example: You accidently delete an item. You dont get response 30 minutes after sending in a petition and then barrage CS with messages of pointless threats of cancelling subscriptions and then get more upset when they dont respond to the threats.

Personally I have a really good CS experience I would like to share.

Few years back I did my usual thing. Logged in some toons played for god knows how long then got ready for work. I logged out all of my toons except one to set up my trader before going into offline mode and then to work for the evening. I opened up my internet browser checked the weather,email,etc then went back to my eq screen hit offline mode and shut my pc off.
    In the morning after i got finished work I logged in my main account. Next I went to log in my second accout (Offline trader account) and was greeted with the message : Your account is BANNED! And it was banned. Not suspended banned. My first reaction was not good I went at CS with attitude. After some sleep I tried it again. This time more level headed. I got a gm response. Why did you connect to the daybreak servers under the cover of a vpn server? At first it didnt hit right away. Then I remembered checking the weather and email. Sure enough I used a TOR browser not thinking Well TOR browser vpns can send a major redflag to daybreaks servers. That what mine did. I explained to CS that i used a TOR browser while i was logged into game not thinking about the vpn making it appear as third parting software trying to trick daybreak servers aka hack servers etc. The CS rep I spoke with explained that it was basically flagged as an attempted security breach of the servers and is why I was promptly banned. The CS rep let me explain why it happened and I Calmly explained what I did and had no intentions or computer skills to ever attempt hacking a server. They gave me a warning and was told my account would be unbanned within 24 hours. Still playing this account till this very day.
    If I would have been hotheaded with response I would probably never have been unbanned. Moral of the story. Have patience with CS. Be polite and things may work out for you.
    klanderso likes this.