Daybreak - Communicate with your player base!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lorolgon, Feb 6, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warpeace Augur

Except most can smell a complete BS excuse when its posted. I don't need them to come say that's incorrect or something.
    Thancra and yepmetoo like this.
  2. Warpeace Augur

Imagine violating the rules, being caught and having to deal with the consequences.
    Thraine, Flatchy, Szilent and 2 others like this.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Obviously, some of the suspension victims are not being truthful, but the rest of the community have no way of knowing to what extent. The rumor you mention might just be a rumor, but a lot of players are worried because of that rumor.
    A lot of suspected botters are also "all fine", which just makes the suspensions/bans seem even more random.
    Kalvenie and Fenthen like this.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Pretty sure they are not suspending people for using a log parser that is just reading logs and doing nothing else.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

There is a nice quote from The Shawshank Redemption where it is mentioned everyone in there was claiming innocence.
    Jumbur likes this.
  6. Jumbur Improved Familiar

...and one of them was indeed innocent...

Great book btw. :D
    Vumad, Fenthen and Lorolgon like this.
  7. dwish Augur

This is definitely what it reminds me of, good quote. It's like asking what someone is in prison for, 90% of the inmates are gonna say "hey man, we're totally innocent we did nothing". Same thing with the EQ bans. Had a good number of guildies yesterday raiding on alt accounts as their main account was "on break" was the terminology being used.
  8. Ashigaru Augur

It's also interesting to see there is a solid group on the forums that
    a) don't use any software they believe could be defined as cheating and
    b) absolutely believe that anyone suspended / banned was cheating

Interestingly, some of them appear to have been hit by one of these waves and are suddenly concerned
    KurySweetbunns and Fenthen like this.
  9. Burdi Augur

I think i is better for the time being until they clarify things to avoid engaging in repetitive tasks that could flag oneself as a bot.
    I am thinking of:
    leveling your crafting skills.
    Camping for hours .
    Repeating the same quest.
    Leveling your skill.
    and so on
    Ashigaru likes this.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Considering the number of reports I see in the TLP section about players in camps for days on end I don’t think that list is going go trigger much from the actions themselves.
  11. Lorolgon New Member since March 1999

I hope so, but clarification from the powers would be nice, as its still a 3rd party program, but like you say it only reads the logs.
    Perhaps bring this thread up with the Community Resource Council ?
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They have posted in the past that programs that just read logs are allowable, not sure how many times they need to post that.
  13. Warpeace Augur

Guess that depends if people are truly looking for answer or trying to divert, deflect and create chaos on the subject to create doubt.
    Szilent likes this.
  14. Lluianae Elder

Not the intent of the OP nor most of the people replying in this thread with their genuine concerns to sow seeds of doubt. I can vouch for that.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I am seeing people making claims of getting banned for custom UI’s which does suggest that what Warpeace said is correct. And considering that they have said in the past that just parsing the logs is okay but people still asking about that also leads to the same questions.
    Szilent likes this.
  16. Althalonas New Member

This thread is so interesting. There are a bunch of people posting concerns who I know for a fact have not been banned or suspended but are being essentially accused of being cheaters simply because they have the temerity to ask simple questions. There is of course every chance that the people who are suspended or banned 100% deserve it but we do not know that for sure and so trust the word of people we have known for a long time. All anyone is asking for is a bit of clarity.
    silok and Lorolgon like this.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

When they are making posts asking about things that have been declared acceptable in the past such as log parsing and the game has the features built in such as audio triggers I am not sure if that is true. The have laid out in the past what things are acceptable for third party programs to do and what isn’t.
    Szilent likes this.
  18. Lluianae Elder

Claims without evidence are not definitive proof as to what has actually gone on. People should not assume with what is otherwise pure conjecture.

Furthermore, consider that there are still a sizeable number of players of those that do remain that have never been to the forums nor observed prior statements. It's not remiss for them to seek clarification. In that case, why not just refer them to the source dev post(s)?
  19. Althalonas New Member

I get why you feel that way. But I’ve never seen the posts you talk of personally. I would love it if there was a single thread about it rather than a dev post deep in some other thread as the only proof.

We are also just searching for reasons as we don’t get it. We all know the people who hack and use exploits and avoid them and kick them from guilds where it is found out. But when someone you’ve played alongside for ages gets hit it just makes no sense and so it makes you wonder what has happened and we cannot find any clear definitive answers.
  20. Svann2 The Magnificent

Pretty sure they said before what is allowed. Not what programs are allowed but what functions you may or may not use in game. It was a long time ago so I cant find it now but maybe someone else has it saved. I think it was Ngreth. He explicitly stated that reading log files is ok, and ui mods are ok. Anything that plays your character while you are not there is not ok. Anything that reveals mob spawns that you otherwise have no way of knowing (like on the other end of the zone) is not ok. There was more on other stuff. Please if anyone has that post saved, quote it back here. Could salve some confusion.
    silok, Lorolgon and Waring_McMarrin like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.