Daybreak - Communicate with your player base!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lorolgon, Feb 6, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lorolgon New Member since March 1999

With these seemingly random suspensions taking place, and with automated replies from Customer Services, excuses of 'we will not tell you why you been suspended' through fear of players then circumnavigating the causes, isn't it about time you communicated with your player base and tell them what 3rd party programs can be used, and which cannot, once and for all??!!

And I'm not talking about just M.Q.2 (which is a ban imo), I'm talking about Magelo, G.I.N.A, I.s.boxer etc, as all these programs are 3rd party software, that according how you interpret your EULA is a an offense.

So communicate with your players, stop hiding behind automated emails and position yourself clearly to avoid all this crap that's alienating your player base.
  2. silok New Member

or at least they could leave those people information with the reason why they have been suspended or banned. because now everyone is speculating and afraid of who will be next, because it seems that there are some of those bans that seem random since some of those users do not use more than the gina for example. this wave is leaving many guilds without members and in the end there will come a point where we run out of community due to lack of players. please if someone in charge reads this, we need to be clear about what is happening. thanks for your attention...
  3. Hnumros New Member

Its pretty ridiculous, people are supposedly cheating on only 1-2 of their 3-6 accounts, and you won't give them any reason at all, people have spent thousands of $/£ on this game over decades and this is how you treat them, its disgusting...
    KurySweetbunns and Fenthen like this.
  4. Althalonas New Member

I have to agree. There is clearly an increase in suspensions and bans. People should be told if they are getting banned what it was that you decided to ban them for. They might have spent thousands of pounds or dollars with you over the years and treating them as disposable is just unfair.

What seems stranger is that the people we are all sure are cheating don’t seem to be getting hit at all.

Please can you open things up and be more transparent so that we can all safely enjoy this game that we love.
    KurySweetbunns, Fenthen and Fanra like this.
  5. Schadenfreude Augur

New members, as far as the eye can see.
    Deux, Tarvas and I_Love_My_Bandwidth like this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They won’t say what software is acceptable because software can be updated to become unacceptable as soon as they announce that it is. What they have done in the past is list things you are allowed to do and parsing logs (which is what GINA does) is on the allowed list while things like reading/altering game memory is on the unacceptable list.
  7. Someplayer New Member

Wishfull thinking.

They won't even tell you which specific Rule you broke.

Akin to, We're sending you to jail for breaking the law, but we won't tell you WHICH law, or even what incident your going to jail for, so enjoy !

Totaly within their EULA to do what they are doing / hiding behind, totaly terribly bad customer service.
    Seems they are fine with 'fear and uncertainty' as a customer managment tactic.

End of the day, it's our choice to live with it if we desire to keep playing / paying them money.
    Fenthen likes this.
  8. silok New Member

new member playing since 2 jun 2000 here... and never stoped paying. be new member on forums does not mean we are new on the game. so lets stop ridiculous post and try to help the comunnity...
    and btw i dont use any program but gina for raiding and i never got banner or suspended, just posted here to try to help guild mates and other players who dont use those 3rd party programs not allowed
  9. Asmadeus Journeyman

While keeping a list up to date is not realistic, telling people what they got banned for at a given time is the least they could do, and having someone to actually talk to when opening a ticket as well.

I've been suspended a week in the past most likely over the OT mission being repeatable if you left task before opening chest, because at some point I must have left the mission in a hurry before the rest of the group looted and I didn't care about loot. I've posted logs of when I did the mission showing When that was, and that I didn't redo the mission again in the next 6 hours so I didn't work around their buggy timer (yes I could have faked that log but they could check if they wanted to since they were able to suspend people in batch), but there was no way of appeal on that and talking through tickets was like talking to robots.

And yet, I now feel I was very lucky because at least I'm pretty sure I know why I was suspended, even if it's something I didn't do, and I'm not left wondering when it is I'll get suspended again. And we've even had a member get a straight ban (the kind with no come back even after a while), when they never got suspended or a warning before, and they don't have a clue why either -- as a boxer you'd expect the whole crew to be banned and not just one of their toons...

there's always been a policy of secrecy on "cheats" for suspension because they wouldn't want cheaters to work around the detection, but frankly when people didn't do anything wrong and don't know why they got suspended there's just nothing to do here, it'll just happen again and they'll lose paying subscribers over lack of communication.
    Vumad and Lorolgon like this.
  10. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I think the players needs to be reassured that those bans/suspensions are not random. When everyone claim Innocence and say it is a "random false positive". All the rest of us see, are completely random bans.
    Players in good faith, who doesn't cheat shouldn't be thinking "I might be next!!!". It just gives the rest of the community a sense of paranoia.

Just tell us the rules! so that we can play with ease of mind. :)

Besides, those that are suspended, need to learn about the rules. They don't learn anything if the suspension-message is too vague. You need to spell it out for them, with better information.

A punishment should have a lesson you can learn from.
  11. Althalonas New Member

Strange to see myself listed as a new member when my account was started in 1999
  12. Lorolgon New Member since March 1999

Totally agree, this would be a good start, but where now seeing players perhaps suspended for using a parser or magelo. Daybreak, please communicate with your loyal player base.
    (and yes, in 18years of EQ, I've never had to post on EQ forums before, but this issue is becoming silly, lovin' the new member tag!)
    Fenthen likes this.
  13. Stuffed48 New Member

Watching friends be suspended or banned for nothing really puts you off wanting to give these cowards more money, I've canceled my account for now.
    Primadonna and Fenthen like this.
  14. Warpeace Augur

Except how many of them will actually fess up and admit to using things they are not supposed to? The norm now is lie through your teeth and pretend to be an incent victim.

Rumor is anyone simply boxing alt / tab style could have been getting suspended...I was regularly boxing 3 and up to 5 this last month. My accounts are all fine, so I really give zero points to that theory.
    Szilent, Thancra and Schadenfreude like this.
  15. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I think everyone can go into settings -> personal details, and change "new member" to something else if they want to.
    Look under "custom title"...;)
  16. Derka Power Ranger

If you're suspended can you still login to forums or do you need to create a new account to post?
    Fenthen likes this.
  17. Lorolgon New Member since March 1999

Hence this post - Daybreak communicate with your player base to stop these theories and cause rifts with your player base.
    KurySweetbunns, Fenthen and Jumbur like this.
  18. Schadenfreude Augur

New account.
    Fenthen likes this.
  19. Thraine Augur

imagine paying for a service ... but getting no service
    Fenthen and Lorolgon like this.
  20. Hnumros New Member

Well my first post hasn't made it through moderation yet, what with being a new member after only playing for 22 years..

To clarify, why so many of us 'new players' are appearing, is in support of some guild mates who have had random bans on some accounts, the lack of transparency and seeming randomness of the suspensions is not fun, makes you wonder if me or other guild mates will get hit next?

This game isn't cheap, especially with multiple accounts and has been one of the main ways to grab some escape the last couple of years and play with friends, seeing them randomly banned isn't fun.

No doubt some of these suspensions are legit, but equally I can probably run to FM now and find a couple of teams of AFK botters farming away who seem to defy punishment...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.