Darkfires 2.0 - A guild on Firiona Vie server

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by VZRetro, Apr 25, 2017.

1. VZRetro Lorekeeper

<Darkfires>

Darkfires is recruiting new members of all classes and levels to be a part of its comeback and restoration to its former glory. Darkfires is a casual guild above all but will also offer raiding to cater to both casual and hardcore raiders alike, each with their own ranks in the guild.

Our goal is to be all inclusive in every aspect of the guild. In this guild, new recruits will never be turned down just because they are a class we do not need for raiding. We encourage players to play the class that they love.

<The Darkfires Creed>

Darkfires isn't your average guild. We are not elitists, we do not tolerate drama, we do not use mischief, deceit, or any other malicious methods of recruiting, we do not operate on greed, we do not promote or condone hate, and we are not a place where folks can join and immediately start demanding free stuff or power levels.

What is Darkfires?

1. Darkfires is a casual progression guild that also has weekly events ranging from the occasional raids and roleplaying to PvP tournaments and more. We all have lives, therefore our events are not promised. We are casual above all. Our primary focus is gaining cheese (achievements) in all content both old and new without skipping over things just because the reward isn't beneficial.

2. Darkfires is a guild that welcomes players from all walks of life and never discriminates. Those that do are removed. Are you black, asian, gay, lesbian, transgender, or anything else and have trouble finding a home in EQ that welcomes you for who you are rather than what you are? Darkfires is a home for you! Racism, bigotry, bullying, and the like are not and never will be welcome here.

3. Darkfires is a small guild that prefers skill and loyalty over numbers. We'd rather have folks that take the time to get to know their class and play it like a pro and be loyal to us. We're not just guild members, we're friends who would never desert each other just because some other guild is "better" or offers more. That is what being loyal is all about! Not a pro? No worries! We'll turn you into one if you're loyal.

4. Darkfires is a patient guild. We are not about getting to the end of the game as fast as possible. We are not about getting all of the best stuff and having that mindset that anything below the best is worthless. We are not about gaining the fastest experience possible by frequently visiting the same places all the time. We enjoy mixing it up! This is Everquest, this isn't a race to see who gets to the end first. If you're all about yourself, getting the best stuff, fast exp all the time every time, then we're not the guild for you.

5. Darkfires is a guild that operates solely through its website. Want to know our schedule? It's on our website... Want to know how much raid currency you've earned? It's on our website... Want to know anything about us at all? It's on our website... Members who join and use the website regularly are the ones who don't have to ask questions that are already answered on our site. A little bit of reading goes a long way. We're not here to spoon feed folks who can't feed themselves.

This is our vision, our goal, our mission, and our creed!

Out of the Darkness and into the Fire! We are Darkfires!

<Raiding>

Raids in Darkfires will begin once we've accumulated enough raiders to make raiding possible. The more active you are, the more we can do!

Raiding in Darkfires is classified into two ranks within the guild. We have the "Raid Core" rank which is designated for those who are more on the hardcore side of things and want to raid every week. To obtain and keep this rank requires that you maintain a 2 out of 3 raid attendance per week. Raid Core members get first priority on raid loot bidding as well as first raid invites.

Second is the "Casual Raider" rank which is meant for those who want to raid as much as they can but are sometimes prevented from doing so due to real life. Missing raids will not be punished by demotion when you obtain this rank and there are no attendance requirements for this rank.

As I stated above, all classes are welcome to join even if your class isn't needed on raids, which brings me to the future benching policy once we begin raiding and space starts to become an issue.

When raid space becomes an issue, a guild is forced to put the overflow players on the bench. When and if this happens, Darkfires has a 2 group rotation policy in place to prevent the same members/classes from being benched every time. Core raiders will be invited to run the raids and 2 groups will be set aside to bring in players who were previously benched. Someone will ask benched raiders which raids they wish to be present for so that they can get the loot they need, and players who already have those items will be asked to take their place on the bench to keep it fair. No member/class will be denied thanks to this all inclusive policy.

Darkfires operates on a uniquely designed "MP" system for raid currency. MP stands for Mithril Points. While the system is virtually the same as typical DKP systems, this one is unique to us and was designed by yours truly.

<The History of Darkfires and its Queen>

For a total of 6 months in 2016, Darkfires accumulated over 400 total members and was known and loved for its No Drama policy and atmosphere. We casually raided content such as Plane of Time, Solteris, Seeds of Destruction, Underfoot, and House of Thule. And were one of very few guilds to never lose a Fippy Darkpaw Underfoot raid, even on our first try with players at the intended level of the raid with only a few 105's.

We successfully completed the Grounds raid in House of Thule with an impressive 8 players during that time and the Tick Tock raid with 13-15 players on multiple occasions. Skill took precedence over numbers during the reign of Darkfires.

Sadly, real life intruded and computer issues became a problem and Darkfires was forced to merge into another guild because of it. But those issues are gone and we are coming back for another round known as Darkfires 2.0 with the same skilled and experienced leadership.

Your Queen is none other than Llux Von`Lich who has lead other successful guilds in the past which included a silent raiding guild known as Oblivion who stayed silently anonymous at all times on Tallon Zek pvp server. Also a former co-founder and officer of Symphony of Arms on Firiona Vie server, officer of Qu'ellar d'Veldrin RP guild, officer of House Bloodrose casual guild, and much more!

<Closing>

Are you tired of being benched or turned down for a guild invite because of your choice of class? Are you a casual player who is not interested in raiding and just wants a family to group with and a comfortable laid back atmosphere where drama is swiftly removed? Are you a new raider who wants to learn the ropes and have fun? Darkfires is the place to be!

Keep in mind that raiding will not begin until numbers permit!

Apply at darkfiresfv.proboards.com to join us!

Thank you!
    Tapies and RedSonja like this.
  2. VZRetro Lorekeeper

Also, when raiding begins, we are looking at Monday, Wednesday, and Friday @ 8 - 11pm EST (Subject to change upon voting)
    RedSonja likes this.
  3. RedSonja New Member

Count me in! I'll follow Llux anywhere. She's the greatest leader that I have ever known. She keeps things as fair as possible and shows that she cares for her guild just as much or more than herself. She's like a walking eq encyclopedia too. If you want a good guild with a good leader, give it a try!
    VZRetro likes this.
  4. Novastorm Weaponx New Member

Seems like a nice guild there Llux is nice and wonderful person hopefully it a success with her guild so whomever needs a guild out there give hers a try
    VZRetro likes this.
  5. QInwena New Member

This looks like the type of family guild I've been looking for. However, one question:
    I can't seem to find the URL to the website in the post? I tried hovering over different words and I must be completely missing it - Could you post it again please?
    VZRetro likes this.
  6. VZRetro Lorekeeper

Our guild website is http://darkfiresfv.proboards.com and it is currently shut down for updates and reconstruction, but will be back up within the next week or so :D

I went ahead and left that part in my creed since the site isn't going to be down for long :D
    Tapies likes this.
  7. Sparkx New Member

Having interacted with Llux time and again, for several years, I have seen them display the key qualities of an outstanding Guild Leader, over and over.

Llux has demonstrated proficiency in all facets of Everquest game play. Guild and group leadership, questing, housing design, resolving disputes, coordination, website and graphics design, you name it (they are a wealth of talent, knowledge and friendship).

Llux is, in my opinion, a "Visionary", with solid plans and the dedication to achieve their vision.

To follow them, is to follow a REAL leader. Good luck my Friend.

~ Sparkx
    VZRetro likes this.
  8. Tachyon Augur

Is this a old school thing or 85+?
  9. VZRetro Lorekeeper

All levels are welcome Tachyon :D

The progression begins with the SoD expansion at lvl 80, but we will also help with lower level stuff such as heroes journey and epic fights for example when help is required :D
  10. Onima New Member

I had the pleasure of becoming a part of <Darkfires> in July of 2016. After I retired from EQ way back and punishing myself into playing less deserved games, I came back from years of being away hoping to maybe find a place I fit in. I did some research through the FV server and literally stumbled into meeting some very nice people sporting the DF tag. In regards to what Sparkx had said, I agree entirely. Llux is by far one of the best leaders I've ever been around. I felt welcomed and cared for very quickly when I joined.

Making friends and getting people together was instantaneous. I was skeptical when I first came back, spending a good portion of my time soloing, losing my incentive to want to stay. Llux and those who she looked after made me feel like I found a home, and definitely made me realize that I belong here once again. :)

For any of those looking for that feel / vibe I highly recommend giving us a shout. Best guild and best leader I've been a part of through out years of gaming and through a vast variety of games :D
    VZRetro likes this.
  11. VZRetro Lorekeeper

12. Tachyon Augur

I'm about 7 right now so may be a bit but I like the concept so will definitely keep you in mind!
    VZRetro likes this.
  13. Bowramear New Member

I have known Llux for quite awhile and let me say, she is one of the nicest people you can get to know. As the guild leader of Darkfires she has always been fair to all members and treats everyone with respect. I can say I rarely have ever seen her remove someone from the guild, but she has if that person violates the basic laws and principles of the guild. If you are looking for a friendly guild, Llux does her best to provide one and she is very helpful and knowledgeable about most classes in the game. So if you want to have fun, maybe raid once you get up to level or when we have enough of a raid force, send Llux a tell or visit the aforementioned website and check it out yourself!
    VZRetro likes this.
  14. hein Augur

I'm down to join my 93 Druid and 75 Cleric. Names are Cinthein and Khat.
  15. VZRetro Lorekeeper

Update: Space is filling up!

Darkfires has imposed a 15 "Mains" per officer ratio limitation. We currently have me (the leader) and one other officer which sets our limit to 30 mains (alts of those mains are excluded from the count).

11 member invites remain!

For a very limited time, I am considering new officer recruits for our "Royal Legacy" rank, which is the first of our 3 officer ranks in the guild.

Royal Legacy ranks are the same as a normal members, but they possess the ability to invite to the guild as long as our limit hasn't been reached. Once our limit is reached, all inviting rights for each officer rank are disabled until we recruit more officers.

Think you've got what it takes to climb the officer ladder?

Check out "The Darkfires Ranking System" as well as the "Darkfires Officer Requirements" threads on our website for more detailed information, located in our "Public Information About Darkfires" forum.

http://darkfiresfv.proboards.com

Thanks!
  16. redtact New Member

Hey, I would be interested in joining, however, I'm a completely new player. I've played for only a couple days now and have a 16 enchanter. Although I just started I feel like I'm dedicated to learning, improving and contributing as much as I can. I'm looking to group and eventually raid when I get there. Would it be possible for me to join or is this for more experienced players? I totally understand if it is btw.
  17. VZRetro Lorekeeper

Will be happy to have you redtact. We are casual above anything else and any level is welcome :D

No application is required to join us, just send a tell in game to Llux, Chanelle, Cloeyy, Chantee, Onima, Lothric, or Sihn and one of us will invite you. The only thing we require is that you agree to our creed which is posted here up above in the OP or on our website. Additionally, we can mail it to you in game. :D
  18. redtact New Member

Ok, cool. I've been busy the past few days but i'm free now and I'll be sure to message you guys in game later today.
  19. VZRetro Lorekeeper

Edited this reply to remove old information that no longer applies. Darkfires recruiting is now reopening!

Best regards to you all
    ~Queen Llux Von`Lich of Vallon Zek
  20. VZRetro Lorekeeper

Website is updated, feel free to apply!

Please inquire in-game to Llux about officer openings if interested in being a part of the leadership team.
    Officer positions include the following...

Raid Leader(s) - Seeking at least 2
    Grievance Officers - Seeking 3 to start
    Recruitment Officers - Seeking at least 2 to start, but this job is something that all officers do