Darkened Breath of Harmony

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Piper the Viper, Jun 22, 2022.

1. Piper the Viper New Member

Someone said I should pick this item up before HH Seb goes away but I had a few questions.

First can item effects be modified? I was under the impression that they can't. Making this clicky a lot less more useful as get way less AC from the item. Seems like if you need the effect you want the modifiable song being used.

Second how does the absorb damage part work? Does it block one hit from any spell being 100% or does that cap of 10 mean its junk and does next to nothing?

Thanks
  2. Szilent Augur

You would not otherwise play the song. So, as a song, it provides literal 0 benefit. As a click, it does more than nothing, and so from that perspective is good.
    code-zero likes this.
  3. Razorfall Augur

I have it and still don't use it because of how it often breaks melody for me
    Szilent likes this.
  4. Svann2 The Magnificent

I think they fixed that issue.
    June 21, 2017
    - The spell on Darkened Breath of Harmony should no longer break Melody.
    code-zero likes this.
  5. Piper the Viper New Member

Thanks. So the spell doesn't actually block 1 entire hit it just absorbs 10-320 damage?
  6. Razorfall Augur

They did, but there was a separate bug with any instant cast clicky that was still active as far as of January this year. I'll try again when I get home.
  7. Svann2 The Magnificent

Just took a look and youre right. It can interrupt melody. You can avoid that though by only clicking it mid song.
  8. Szilent Augur

right, no whole-hit block. It provides 16 points of hp regen as long as the party isn't being nuked. Melee damage & dot damage won't strip it, but nukes will.
  9. Svann2 The Magnificent

1: Absorb Spell Damage: 100%, Total: 10
    2: Increase AC by 18 to 23, Based on Class
    3: Decrease Offhand Damage Shield Taken by 97
    4: Increase Chance to Resist Spell by 15%

20 mitigation AC is what Id use it for.
  10. Iribabh Augur

Due to a stacking issue, this song actually overwrites Spinecoat from the Violet Conch of the Tempest. That buff lasts 6hrs and gives 18AC.

Back before it started overwriting it, yes clicking that sword was decent. Now I've blocked it on my toons because I'm sick of my 6hr buff being overwritten by a 30sec song. Not worth using, everyone should just go get the 6hr clicky. Bonus - you can use it to cure the CTG raid emote, so everyone should get it anyhow!
    Svann2 likes this.