Daosheen

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ishtass, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Ishtass Augur

Anyone got strategy tips for taking him out with a small force? This Hero's Journey thing sure has a few nasty bottlenecks...
  2. Ishtass Augur

I have 6 accounts, I'm debating getting monks high enough to get FD on 4 of them to do clicks with, and then leave my main on Dao with autoattack on ;p
  3. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

Sure was fun doing those events again on the TLP's.. if you wanna do the event your self I'd say making your self 4 monks is your best option.. I think it would be a lot easyer on ur self if you find 4 real monks to give u a hand tho, im sure there are more people looking to complete that step in the hero's journey.
    Ishtass likes this.
  4. Torriadore Elder

Been a long time since I did him, and he was annoying enough that I didn't want to go back. I do remember a few tips though. I set up at red crystal since silence is the one that for sure needs cured. He can be mezzed to allow for the first few sets of adds to despawn. Once he hits 75% or so though I found waiting for adds to despawn a bit overwhelming with the mezz AOEs so I fast burned him from there. adds pile up quick and you'll need enough gas left in the tank to kill him before the DT fires.
    Ishtass likes this.
  5. Gnomeland Augur

You don't need four monks. You do need two FDers + your main.

Get a main that's able to solo Daosheen + his adds. SK is the best, other classes work too but SK is easier given that you have a lot of passive healing.

Pull Daosheen to the silence crystal with your main. Put the FDers at the crystals that control charm.

Every time Daosheen silences, click the crystal. Ignore the other debuffs they don't matter.

When Daosheen emotes charm, you have to be fast alt tabbing / window switching to your FDers to click the crystals that dispel charm. Otherwise Daosheen resets.

From what I remember, Daosheen's mez doesn't need to be dispelled because you're going to wake up from the next DoT tick due to the DoT one of the crystals puts on you.

When Daosheen gets to 10% he does his DT. A level 100 SK with current gear ought to live through it. Just life tap afterward back to full before you get him down to 5%, when he does his DT again. Turn off auto attack at that time because you don't want him to get to 5% before you're back to full.

It's a long fight, annoying, but doable.
    Ishtass likes this.
  6. Khoza Augur

There's an even easier way to deal with this. His DT at these %s is a Doom Trigger style DT, meaning you get a debuff that DTs you when it fades. As a monk, I once tanked him at this stage. If you get him from the first DT to the second before the first fades, the second overwrites the first, and you don't take damage from DT number 1. At which point Purify Body will strip the second DT and you won't have to worry about it at all. (It was hilarious doing this trick for the first time. Everyone thought I was just BA enough to live through 2 DTs while tanking him.)
    Leerah and Ishtass like this.
  7. Ishtass Augur

Since it's a task and there's a minimum level (not sure what that is), I can't just have lvl 20 monks to go in and FD for me. There's also the 15 level range deal. Will have to borrow a friend or 2 I guess, unless someone knows a way to work around that
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

If you had won this years ago and destroyed the piece, a polite and respectful petition might save you some hassle too. I did HJ for main and box, and must have destroyed the box's piece because I couldn't find it, but won the raid numerous times when it was current. GM was kind enough to return it.
    Ishtass likes this.
  9. SpamFactory Augur

I did this recently with a 6 box set up and I just zerged it. Keep your healer/casters standing at the crystal that cures silence (red one I think it is). when the AE mez goes off (only happens once) have someone cure using the crystals. I ignored all the other AEs.

It was messy and took a while to dps him down with all the chaos going on in the room but daosheen and his adds don't hit very hard at all.

when the DT goes off at 10% it's a non-issue since finishing blow from a melee toon will finish off daosheen before the DT counter gets to zero. I didn't bother curing the DT at all.
    Ishtass likes this.
  10. Ishtass Augur

Just did this today with a friend. We were able to follow Gnomeland's strat pretty closely, thank you for that (and everyone for your suggestions).

I had 2 lvl 100's with FD potions at the charm crystals, yellow and green. The mez was never an issue, and I didn't bother curing anything except for charm. The adds started to stack up and that was a little rough, but my friend and I burned Dao down pretty fast instead of trying to kill or tank them. Dao didn't cast the DT at all, until after he was already dead. I cured it with purify body, and somehow it still hit the second time and killed me (one of the 2 clickers lived though, weird). Didn't matter though, we got the black orb, wewt :)
  11. Orbital101 Augur

I only focused to get the silence cured on my cleric... loaded Vow/Ward/AE Stun on my cleric he was the adds without even caring and Daosheen never had time to cast a DT with a war/clr/bard/wiz combo... Dont be afraid of the event is far from been what it was lol
    Ishtass likes this.
  12. Ishtass Augur

Yeah my friend and I are both monks, and our dps killed him before adds could kill us. I think I clicked slow off once or twice during my burn, and had to cure charm twice with my 2 FD guys. Wasn't too bad at all once I had clickers in place.
  13. Rainbowdash Augur

To be honest, our method was just to burn him as well. Ranged DPS especially (casters, rangers, pets help. We did it with 3 mages), just like 3-4 people will breeze through him. position near the crystals and if he does anything but charm you, you should be golden to get by it. He will definitely get charm off no matter what and you'll run around fighting each other for a few minutes. But eventually it breaks and you're right back into killing him. We ignored any adds he popped. At 100 even clothies can survive them til they depop, just gotta have potions! A real healer would make it a cake walk.

He's actually really fun. Do it with a couple of friends and it's honestly a much more fun than annoying fight even going in undermanned. We had a blast laughing at each other when we got charmed lol. The two worst parts of Hero's Journey by far is Dain #3 (I have still yet to figure out how the heck to beat it) and LDoN's, a boring grind of nearly Tears of Alaris proportions. We need triple LDoN days. lol.
    Ishtass likes this.
  14. Tobynn Augur

Killed Daosheen today with warrior, bard, shaman, plus two other toons permanently feigned at the yellow/green crystals to cure the AE charm when it fired. Effortless. At no point was anyone in any danger whatsoever. Ignored adds entirely; they despawn pretty quick. As mentioned, finishing blows ate up him right quick once he dropped under 10%. When the DT doomed after his death, it took everyone down to low life, but no one died from it.
    Ishtass likes this.