DA Hammer for SHD/PAL

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by suinegEQ, Sep 6, 2021.

1. suinegEQ Elder

In past TLP's for some reason I have played a Paladin. They are an okay class that doesn't have a ton of responsibility. In Luclin they get pigeon holed into holding a DA hammer for every raid boss up until at least DoN, maybe longer?

What a lot of people don't know is that they put in a quest for a corrupted hammer for shadowknights. I can't figure out when it actually goes live though. I am fairly sure that the scythe drops in Luclin though so it's a matter of making the quest active.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=8442

I think we need to get this implemented in Luclin so that we have a bit of variety in this slot. I have sent a message on the forums to Ngreth but he has not responded and I'm unaware of whether or not he communicates that way.
  2. Gnothappening Augur

Good luck. I don't see this getting changed but it could happen. I think the biggest issue atm is that this is the first time pallys are actually desired for raids. SKs have other things they can do so it probably won't be changed. However, as a player that likes SKs more than paladins, I do wish you the best of luck..
  3. Arhok House of Embertune

Here we go again.
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

It doesn't go live until like SoF
  5. suinegEQ Elder

Which at that point it's just worthless.
  6. theonepercent Augur

Much worse, it's TDS.
  7. Tweakfour17 Augur

I'm 99.9% sure it's before that but can't recall exactly.
  8. Gnothappening Augur

Either way, it is a long ways out. While I would love to be able to use the hammer on my SK, I feel like it would hurt the usefulness of pallys.
  9. echkk New Member

I was able to finish the SK DA hammer quest on Coirnav server during SoD era. Can't seems to find the NPC " a pile of fleshless bones" up for the final turn in before SOD.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  10. Xhartor Augur

Probably to try to petition the quest mob isn't spawning and see if an overworked GM will spawn it for you.
  11. suinegEQ Elder

I don't know that being useful just because you can swing a hammer until it procs is what any Paladin wants. This is the start of them getting some group heals also. Diversity is more interesting.

I didn't need to loot a weapon for 5 expansions as a raiding Paladin because not like I could equip anything else. I was perma DA on all raid fights.
  12. Tweakfour17 Augur

Were you DA tank in the group game too? You'd still want a weapon for that...
  13. suinegEQ Elder

Sure but I'm not spending massive amounts of DKP for a weapon when I can just limp along in any gear for group stuff.
  14. Tweakfour17 Augur

Fair enough, for me raid gear is to make the group game easier, making raids also easier is more of a side effect lol
    Ozon likes this.
  15. Ozon Augur

It would be fair to let all 4 classes be able to use the hammer starting in PoP, or the 2 versions of the hammer.
  16. suinegEQ Elder

Yeah that's definitely 6 of one and half dozen of another. You just need so little for group gear especially a weapon as a paladin that yeah I buy things in raids but nowhere near what I would. It's just the weirdest pigeon hole for 5 or so expansions.
  17. Boogatti Lorekeeper

People DA tank in groups?
  18. Tweakfour17 Augur

No?
  19. Dre. Altoholic

Because TLP's need more Shadowknights, ya know.
    Gnothappening likes this.
  20. Gheed Is not reading your response

No........................