CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra Gaming PC... good for EQ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mintalie, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Battleaxe Augur

I bought a Corsair CX500M modular power supply.

Yes, unused power cables don't clutter things up. Unfortunately the other cables are quite long - so you have to hide the excess or be very clever in your routing. If one is using a very roomy case this might not be an issue.
    --------------
    I started with a Dell Inspiron 660. Runs EQ just fine out of the box, which I did for several months.

Added a GeForce GTX 750ti graphics board (low power/performance improvement)
    Added a Samsung 120G SSD
    Added a Corsair CX500M modular power supply to accommodate a
    Future upgrade - ~$250 graphics board.

I had a tight budget. Could upgrade a bit at a time. And will be satisfied with a "budget gamer" system outcome that plays games which are more demanding than EQ at least on lower settings. It was a reasonable path for me.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Mintalie like this.
  2. Makavien Augur

So was it as hard as you thought it would be ?

Also download Core Temp and watch your cpu heat levels for about the first week because even as my third pc build my cooler wasn't affixed perfectly with the heat compound and that can let you see problems like that right away before you just play and forget about it.

My liquid cooler hose was positioned in a manner that was tilting the actual cooling block off the processor just a tiny bit.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Mintalie Augur

The hardest part was figuring out how to install the liquid heatsink, by far. I labored over it for about an hour and even installed it backwards the first time. Overall, though, it really wasn't hard at all! By far all the downloading and troubleshooting has been the real time sink.

Speaking of troubleshooting, I have a problem. Maybe someone can help? In-game I'm getting weird anomalies on clickies, namely, they aren't showing on cooldown nor their cooldown timer. My merc is also doing the same thing--no timer is displaying when they are dead or suspended. A friend suggested it might be video drivers so I tried to download newer ones but it didn't fix the problem. It's also possible I didn't download the proper drivers.

Any ideas?
  4. Ratbo Peep Augur

Games? As in pleural? (!!)
    You've been cheating on us? ( I feel so "violated"!)
    Your free time is not your own... you are bound to EverQuest for the rest of your natural days.
    Now go apologize to your Guild for being such a slacker..........
    -Rat

PS: Pre-emptive strike aimed at would be combatants - of course I was teasing!
  5. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Check to make sure your clock is set to the correct time in Windows. I've heard of a timer bug related to that. Set your timezone & then set it via internet & see if that helps