CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra Gaming PC... good for EQ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mintalie, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Mintalie Augur

Great. :)

ASUS 24X DVD Burner $20
    Western Digital 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" HD $60
    ASUS G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB 128-Bit GDDR5 $155
    EVGA 600W Power Supply $60
    G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 RAM $81
    AMD FX-6300 Vishera 6-Core 3.5GHz (4.1GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 95W Desktop Processor $120
    ADATA 64GB SATA III SSD $65
    APEVIA X-Sniper X-SNIPER2-WHT White Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case w/ Side Window-Blue $50
    ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0 AM3+ AMD 970 + SB950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS $90
  2. Zugbuzz Journeyman

If possible (and if there isn't room in the budget it's no big deal) but I might try for a larger SSD drive, 64 might fill up pretty quick. Everything else looks ok to me so far
  3. Mintalie Augur

Okay... I did it... *gulp*

ASUS GTX750TI-OC-2GD5 G-SYNC Support GeForce $154.99
    AMD FX-6300 Vishera 6-Core 3.5GHz (4.1GHz Turbo) $119.99
    ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0 AM3+ AMD 970 + SB950 SATA 6Gb/s $89.99
    G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 $80.99
    Western Digital WD10EZEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Hard Drive $59.99
    ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X $19.99
    APEVIA X-Sniper X-SNIPER2-WHT White Steel ATX Mid Tower $49.99
    ADATA Premier Pro SP920 Series 128GB SSD $74.99
    Ultra HS750 Modular 750 Watt Power Supply $59.99
    Karthanon and Dre. like this.
  4. Wulerdar Gnome Slayer

5. Mintalie Augur

Will I need another heatsink? Should I buy a liquid cooled thingy? Do I need any extra fans for this configuration?
  6. Makavien Augur

Mintalie likes this.
  7. Zugbuzz Journeyman

Case fans are an easy add-on if you want to wait and do that later when funds are less tight. Yank the side panel off, 4 screws and plug it in. Given your location that might be a good idea in the future.
  8. Mintalie Augur

A lot of these reviews say the water coolers are noisy, and I don't want that, so I think I'll see how hot it runs first and then decide later. Hoping that the well-ventilated case and heatsinks that come with will be sufficient. I'll also (likely) have this computer on top of my desk so I believe that should also help with ventilation and keeping cat hair out! :p
  9. Reht The Dude abides...

My PC has liquid cooling and it's the quietest computer i have ever owned. So not sure on that.
  10. Reviled Elder

I've got a sealed water cooling system, with 2 120mm (i think) fans blowing across the radiator. The added case fans are much louder than the liquid cooling system. Even with a some overclocking, my CPU never sees temps over 46 degrees Celsius. I 3box often, with Pandora, GameParse, and Vent running in the background.

Liquid cooling really is the way to go, and the enclosed systems like mine make it a breeze.
    Mintalie and Reht like this.
  11. Mintalie Augur

Okay then I'll buy one now. :D
  12. Mintalie Augur

I noticed a lot of the comments mentioned it being too large to fit inside their case, and as I will only at most be two-boxing I think the dual-fan one is almost certainly overkill.
  13. Inictus Elder

This isn't true. Personally, I've gotten at least a 5FPS boost (if not more) by switching to an SSD drive. When the OS runs faster, everything running on it runs faster. Windows uses virtual memory and swaps memory in and out to your hard drive (memory paging). If this paging process is faster, then everything is faster as a result.
  14. Koneko Augur

as far as PSU goes I liked my one like this http://www.ultraproducts.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1583410&CatId=5440 only problem I had with it was someone walked off with it but I did like the 80 plus and stuff
  15. Wulerdar Gnome Slayer

sorry i worded that wrong its 17 idle 45 under load
  16. Casidia Augur

Good that you didn't buy the first PC...fraud.
    Selling a 30 bucks gpu that cannot run anything in a so called gaming machine, that company would be dead for me.

You can easily identify such fraud with complete systems when looking at the gpu, if it's worth under 100 bucks it's not for current games as they claim and should be avoided at all cost.
    Mintalie likes this.
  17. Kamea Augur

I have live EQ on a SSD and beta on a 2012 seagate 7200 RPM HDD (granted, windows is on the SSD.) There is a notable difference in load times, but not FPS / graphics lag. Perhaps what you're speaking about is the "least memory mode" in-zone loading is quicker on a SSD, as I lag (somewhat) while textures are still loading after zoning.

Yes, games do read/write on your HDD while playing, but in the vast majority of games it's not enough to bottleneck the FPS as long as you're using a modern HDD.

Here's an example of HDD vs SSD FPS on Battlefield 3:

[IMG]
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  18. Mintalie Augur

It's built! Installing drivers, etc. now and then onto the big EQ download and all its accoutrements. Thank you everyone for the help. Will let you know how it works once everything is fully functional!
  19. Mintalie Augur

Everything works! It's like a miracle in a box! Thanks again for all the input, I'm so pleased with my final system.
  20. Elricvonclief Augur

Congrats!
    Mintalie likes this.