CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra Gaming PC... good for EQ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mintalie, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Mintalie Augur

As awesome as it sounds, $1500 is a bit too spendy for me... although it does sound like an incredible system you have!
  2. Mintalie Augur

Thoughts on the following? (And how do I get free shipping? $75 is robbery!) This is pricing at $785.

Case 1 x AZZA Armour Gaming Case - Blue
    iBUYPOWER Labs - Noise Reduction X (Do I need this?)
    iBUYPOWER Labs - Internal Expansion X
    Processor 1 x AMD A8-6600K APU (4x 3.90GHz/4MB L2 Cache)
    iBUYPOWER PowerDrive X
    Processor Cooling 1 x AVC Liquid CPU Cooling System [AMD] - Free Upgrade to Asetek 510LC (Standard 120mm Fan)
    Memory 1 x 8 GB [4 GB X2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - Corsair or Major Brand **FREE Upgrade to DDR3-1866 ADATA XPG V2**
    Video Card 1 x AMD Radeon R7 250 - 2GB
    Free Stuff 1 x [FREE] - Turtle Beach Z1 Headset - FREE with ALL iBUYPOWER Systems ($29 Value)
    Free Stuff 1 x [FREE] - McAfee Antivirus PLUS 2014 - FREE with any System ($49 Value)
    Motherboard 1 x ASRock FM2A75 Pro4 -- 2x PCIe x16, 6x USB 3.0, 2x USB 2.0
    Power Supply 1 x 650 Watt - Thermaltake SMART SP-650 - *Free Upgrade to 750W Thermaltake SMART SP-750 - 80 PLUS Bronze* (Save $20)
    Primary Hard Drive 1 x 120 GB ADATA S510 SSD -- Read: 550MB/s, Write: 510MB/s - Single Drive
    Data Hard Drive X
    Optical Drive 1 x LG 24x Dual Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black - FREE upgrade to LG Blu-ray Reader Combo Drive
    2nd Optical Drive X
    Media Card Reader / Writer X
    Meter Display X
    Sound Card 1 x 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard
    Network Card 1 x Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)
    USB Expansion Card X
    Operating System 1 x Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium + Office Starter 2010 (Includes basic versions of Word and Excel) - 64-Bit
  3. Dre. Altoholic

Look into the price/performance vs the R7 260x. $30 here can kick you up a couple tiers of graphics.
    Expert reviews look good, but customer reviews suggest high failure rates.
  4. Mintalie Augur

Fair enough, but strictly for the purposes of playing EQ, does it really warrant the extra $61? Will it in any way make a difference lag-wise? That's my number one goal here, to be able to play without lag but still using *some* of the in-game graphics (of which I currently have all turned off).
  5. Iila Augur

If your requirement is literally JUST EQ plus the few support programs, any modern PC will work. I do 2 EQs, plus vent, gina, gamparse, mirc, and firefox on a 4 year old laptop that cost $400.

If you want EQ to run flawlessly, that's chasing a dragon you'll never catch. You can built a PC that will run a flagship high-resource game with max settings at 120fps, but EQ will somehow still manage to run like crap occasionally. It's really impressive how bad EQ can run compared to much better looking current games.
    feiddan likes this.
  6. Mintalie Augur

I just don't want lag. Not expecting perfection. Just sick. of. lag! I want to be able to parse for everyone in the raid. Heck, I might want to turn *my* spell effects on. Reduced zone time would rock, but is certainly not a necessity. I don't want to overspend to just play EQ; on the other hand, I am sick. of. lag!
  7. Slasher Augur

Or your work has better cooling :) I've actually found the opposite, but never compared the 8350 to the 3rd or 4th generation I7s.
  8. Makavien Augur

AMD
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1616541

Intel
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1763574

Windows 7 professional
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-W...perating_Systems_Software&hash=item1e8f98d402

all within your 800 budget and you could always ask one of us here that build pcs ourselves to help walk you through it over ventrilo or on skype or over the phone

I helped an old man in my guild build one over skype last year that was scared to do it himself.

The biggest differences between amd and intel is price for power you get more bang for your buck for amd but they do run hotter which can also lower the lifespan.

Them links are just to super bundles also me personally i like asus ,evga ,corsair, and G skill for ram. SSd its really about getting a newer generation one that does not have the old problem of overwriting stuff.
  9. Slasher Augur

10. Dre. Altoholic

That doesn't mesh with the list prices of those cards. Either you're getting a nice discount on the 250 one or overcharged for the 260x. Both are leaps better than the first post's build. No idea what you're currently running.

Also the latest build doesn't have a data drive. 120GB fills up fast.
  11. Mintalie Augur

That's very generous, thank you, and I'm leaning towards building my own at this point. More research commencing!
  12. Zugbuzz Journeyman

Building isn't all that hard. Computers aren't mysterious things that die if you look at them wrong (most of the time)

I'm sure there are tons of websites with general walkthroughs or youtube videos, and of course i'm only a /tell away :)
    Mintalie likes this.
  13. Mintalie Augur

My favorite troll! <3
  14. Iila Augur

Actually putting a computer together is like using color coded, keyed legos.
  15. Kamea Augur

I have a decent gaming PC and I get 60 FPS @ 1080p on raids with shadows/spell effects off. Even on tower of rot before the change, I only lagged when kyle went active for a few minutes.

We have someone in our guild who makes our grand guild hall look like an episode of hoarders, and the insane amount of objects that need to be rendered takes up 70% of my GPU's power (2GB GTX 770), I assume people with weaker cards would lag much more.

Someone else to consider, if you have a decent GPU, you can force anti-aliasing into EQ with 0 performance hit (since it's not effecting the bottlenecked CPU), and it makes the game look dramatically better.... I remember 10 years ago I thought the offical EQ screenshots looked signifcantly better than the game, now I think my EQ looks better than the screenshots.

EQ can only multithread ~1/3 of the total computing power - and it only does that if you manually set it. Pretty much every modern engine can efficiently multithread ~75% of total computing power, some, even much more. This is why you can easily box 3 accounts with no performance change on a decent gaming PC, but your computer would slow down dramatically if you tried to run Crysis3 and Battlefield4 at the same time.
  16. Karthanon Augur

I have a AMD 8120 (8-core), Gigabyte 990FX-UD3 MB, 16GB RAM, 800W PS, and an EVGA 750Ti. It runs EQ pretty well (4 boxing), considering I'm not at the top of the CPU lineup. The 750Ti when I bought it at MemX (in Canada) was price matched to the same 750Ti which was heavily discounted at Amazon.ca for a week. The CPU runs very hot, though. I want to get a higher CPU and go water cooling, tbh, just to cut down on the fan noise. The 750Ti works really well, and doesn't require extra power, which is nice. Telling each instance to use different cores helps as Kamea already stated.

At MemX in Canada, this goes for about $780 Cdn. I'd increase the power supply and CPU, stick with a normal HD (since you don't give a hoot on loading time), and still be able to increase your graphics eye candy in EQ than what you're doing now. Maybe not to max, though.

Processor Intel® Core™ i5-4460 Processor
    Motherboard Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard
    Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Graphics Card w/ G-SYNC
    Memory Kingston HyperX Fury 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz Memory
    Hard Drive Seagate 1TB Desktop HDD (7200RPM)
    Optical Drive Asus 24x DVD+/-RW
    Chassis Velocity Z583 micro ATX case
    Power Supply Powerman 450W Power Supply
    Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
    Warranty 1 Year Parts & Labour

I would recommend the R7 260x over the 250. If you're looking for graphics cards recommendations, then a good performance comparison chart for video cards can be found at Tom's Hardware: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html
    Mintalie likes this.
  17. Elricvonclief Augur

I bought a Cyberpower PC about a year and a half ago, for around that $500 that you were considering. My computer appears quite similar to the original one you linked.

I've had good luck with the computer, other than an issue soon after I got it where it would not boot up properly once in a while. I shipped it to them, they returned it with a new CPU. (I've never heard of a new CPU failing, but oh well) Machine has worked well since.

For the cost, I think they're a decent buy.
    Mintalie likes this.
  18. Mintalie Augur

19. Zugbuzz Journeyman

That board won't work with the AMD processor
  20. Zugbuzz Journeyman