Cya Everquest

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elemental, Apr 4, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I may be getting too old for this. Thanks for being easy on me.
    Chikkin likes this.
  2. Chikkin Augur

Yep. 100%.I wish I had the knowledge to even know what we could realistically expect, but some of the QoL stuff, as mentioned here, and pointed out. If 3rd party program can do it, so can the EQ Devs.
  3. eqMath Journeyman

[IMG]
  4. Gormgeous Elder

You guys arguing about ISB vs automation are weird.

The issue isn't with ISB itself, it is with the terms of service and the definition supplied for cheating.

If you use a software, no matter what software that is, and use it to monopolize an area, that is cheating using 3rd party software. The 48 account guy above could easily have violated this on accident even and under those terms would be banned/suspended for cheating.

I am pro ISB and pro automation being allowed where it is wanted, but I have issue with DPG not saying, for example, "This build of ISB is allowed for use." The fact that everyone is left to hope they don't get suspended or banned for what has quietly been accepted is the issue some of us have with it.

All of you saying ISB doesn't supply automation are forgetting that the cheating definition isn't only for automation. It is something that everyone doesn't use and if you use it, you have a leg up. I think ISB should be explicitly allowed but by the definitions supplied, they could this second decide it is in violation.
    Vumad, MacDubh, Chikkin and 1 other person like this.
  5. Bardy McFly Augur

Honestly I think you nailed it now that I think about it. With that many toons maybe they took down a public raid target or something (Luclin/PoP era?).

By this perception of thinking about it, mass-boxers are permanently screwed even if they manage to do it with no additional software at all because they monopolized a raid target (the only need for that many boxes).

I will also add that it's really crappy if this is actually what happened and DPG won't even give the decency of that being the reason to the person it happened to. Leaving players constantly guessing does nothing more than condone the same incident happening over and over again.
  6. Chikkin Augur

Perhaps tomorrow there will be some clarification to someone, since it'll be a Monday and work day.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  7. Sarrona Journeyman

If someone wants to play and pay for 48 accounts..... God Bless them. To me that is crazy and too much to manage but I respect everyone plays and enjoys the game in different ways. I also find it crazy that DPG would look at someone boxing this many accounts and accuse him of monopolizing an area. I keep going back to, it doesnt matter if its one person playing a bunch of accounts or individual people playing them. If they are paying for the game just like the next person... let them enjoy the game. We dont ban guilds for monopolizing targets and why is that? Its because they got their first and they are just as entitled as the next person to the target if they got to it first. If they are actively at the keys then I see no issue but if they are AFK then its a different story.
    Kaenneth and MacDubh like this.
  8. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Agnarr is true box last I heard. Why would you be using ISB there?
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  9. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Mercs are in no way, shape, or form the equal of a real player in terms of power or intelligence. When ToV came out the, melee mercs were wrecking things and the Devs moved to squash their abilities because they approached a player's ability to do sustained DPS.
  10. Bardy McFly Augur

Ah crap nm you're right, think I'm confusing the servers I played on. Agnarr was only ever micro keyboards and a bunch of tablets. I think I'm thinking of early days of me using I S Boxer on Xegony before transferring to FV. Let me see if I can dig up a photo of that setup, it was actually pretty cool lol.
    Tarvas likes this.
  11. Bardy McFly Augur

[IMG]

It's since been dismantled though since I don't play Agnarr anymore. Was fun if a bit chaotic at the time.
  12. Chikkin Augur

Sorry, I'm behind as we know. -- Last time I played, in 2020, they were calling for merc buffs, and I think the devs even said they were going to look at them again in the AMA they did that year. -- Since then, did they buff them (and then it ended up being too much?) Just quick question, not trying to derail. It's better to ask this real quick than starting new thread that says "Hi guys were mercs ever buffed?".
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Instead of buff I think they are changing the whole merc apprentice/journeyman levels thing. Scheduled for May:
    Mercenary Rank Simplification - Simplify mercenaries down to the two ranks primarily in use and remove the quest line requirements for obtaining them.
  14. Chikkin Augur

Setups like this are always cool. First time I ever saw an impressive (if not intimidating) setup was that well known Wizard who was one of the first or most popular multiboxers. I think he was known as Sam Deathwalker or something who took armies of Wizards and mana-burned.

I've had 4 screens, and a laptop and tablet once, but it was definitely too much work and not ideal keeping them all autofollowed or whatever. Was like 10 years ago.
    Tarvas and Bardy McFly like this.
  15. Chikkin Augur

I did see that, and that's cool. I was just surprised that the other dude said mercs were squashing tov. Last I knew, mercs were falling off, even at J5 or something around level 85 or 90 or something.

Yay for merc buffs, if they happened, or do happen.

Edit: but enough about that. Sorry for derail folks. Good Morning to all on a Monday!
  16. Strife Lorekeeper

Was sadge right up until I read Zek. PvP in EQ is lol-worthy.
  17. Bardy McFly Augur

Yep, looking back at this photo now reminded me how cool it initially was but also why I would never go back to a manual boxing setup again. It's why I quit Agnarr and why I'd simply let all my subs fall off and move on if playing the way I do will now no longer be allowed going forward.
    Go Take A Nap likes this.
  18. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

That looks awesome!
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  19. Janakin Augur

To clarify my post earlier in this thread. I feel the way I used I.S.B. caused someone to petition me thinking I was using EmQue as I was very proficient at it. Many EmQue users would see me play and try and ask what plugins etc I was using and not be convinced when I said I was doing it all via I.S.B.

You can use I.S.B. to automate, though not infinitely unless you are using a keyboard or mouse with a repeater.

It is called Key Maps -> Steps - > Actions. I have one mapped to my G1 key that types F2 then "/" then "F" then "O" then "L' then "ENTER" and have it set to all other windows except focus window.

While not game breaking to press one key and all others in the group target their F2 group member and start to follow, it technically is automation. One could make a key where you press 1 key and that key has another character pressing 100 Step Actions.
  20. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Nice setup. I don't have the desk space so my setup is not nearly as clean.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.