Customer Service Announcement: Gold Membership

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Piestro, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cfreining New Member

An example that shows the benefit:

A potion of experience III costs 1000SP and I don't need to safe for one month to get it with the 500SC per month, I can take it every month. I lose 1000 SP per month that I could claim more, but I win 500 SC per month.

Some other already showed that the Potion of shared Experience III you need to wait 9 month to get it, the shared Experience II you needed to wait for 3 month, now you can get the potion of shared experience II every month.

There are some things that may need fine tuning, but at the end, it will be of a good value for a lot of players and their playing style.

I have some Ideas regarding the expiring of the SC:
    1. For those items that are more expensive. How about the 2000SC expire after 60 days, so you have a chance to get one item or (bundle) for 4000SC every two months.
    2. Have one ore more bundles (announced at the beginning of the month) that will be available for the character you first log in with (with a choice if multiple are available), in case the item has not been claimed. The items need to be heirloom.
  2. Piestro Augur

Krono actually have substantially higher costs to us than normal gold memberships. We have a lot of engineering costs to recoup on those, along with greater fraud and CS costs. Weird, I know.
    Leeroy Jenkins likes this.
  3. Crystilla Augur

Other points on Krono:
    • They're a higher benefit if you have an all access account.
    • They're a great source of currency in game that allows you to both spend plat and earn plat.
    • Being tradable (use as a gift, etc.)
  4. IceSy Augur

Here's a question for you Piestro to ask the "boss man",..
    Any chance market place items and / or SC will become "gift-able" with this change? Is this something we can look forward to in the near future?
  5. LordZeez New Member

No incentive to keep re-occurring payment. Mine and 4 other friends accounts changed from gold to free to play. Mine done this morning. There you go -500 dollars a year reoccurring from us long time veteran players. All since Kunark release and we havent even been playing in a long time. Talk about going the wrong direction. Enjoy losing more of your player/fan base. You basically just cost yourself 500/yr for doing nothing.
  6. CAM81 New Member

I maintain Gold Membership every month purchasing Kronos , Some i use some i sell . I have not received 500 sc any month for over 5 months . So since I am a gold member wheres my 5 months of SC and will i get a free item every month beginning week of Feb 3rd ?
  7. Melanippe Augur

A recurring paid subscription is required to receive Station Cash. That is to say , if you use Krono AND have a credit card on file AND have been charged once on the card as a recurring subscription THEN use Krono each month to "push back" the recurring charges on your credit card you would receive the Station Cash. Merely using Krono to pay each month WITHOUT maintaining a recurring subscription will not provide you with Station Cash.
  8. bloodbeard Elder

First - when did i lose my old forum login? anyway...
    I've been a subscriber since Aug 1999, give or take a month here and there, and I've been maintaining my All Access sub ONLY because I get the 500SC per month. Replacing 500SC with ONE item per month is a slap in the face for those of us who have continually supported SOE for years. That 500 SC a month was a 'thank you' for people who maintained subs after you went f2p. Yes, I am a saver. I usually purchase the adventure experience potions with my SC. I don't always get to play every week, sometimes not even once a month, yet I maintain my sub so that when I do play I can purchase items with the SC. I may purchase a potion two or three times a month when I can play. The 'new' setup will not allow me to purchase more than one potion adventure a month.

Bottom line - If you make this change, I will discontinue the 2 All Access subs I currently hold. I will not purchase, or play EQ Next. I am at my end of dealing with broken promises, and revoked 'thank you for sticking with SOE' rewards. I love the game of Everquest, but I will stop playing your games(even free), if you make yet another shift stemming from straight up greed.

It's amazing how little respect you people have for the players who have kept you afloat when so many other game developers have fallen.
  9. Crystilla Augur

I definitely understand if you're upset over this change (a ton of folks are). But in case it wasn't clear and it matters to you, not sure if you realized that you now get a free item in each game each month? May still not fit with the way you play each game but did want to mention it.
  10. Ripper New Member

I just cancelled my 5 yearly recurring accounts. I'll go with plat purchased kronos going forward. I viewed the 500SC I was given as a discount of the periodic cost of my subscriptions. When I decided to go with yearly gold subscriptions I factored the accruing 500SC into that decision. You've diminished the value of the product in my opinion. I am disappointed.
    Cevil's Remains likes this.
  11. Lily Augur

Someone tried this and was told they shouldn't have.
  12. bloodbeard Elder

Yes, I understand. Thank you for the info nonetheless :) . I bet that will be great for some players, but it doesn't work out for me. I am upset because they are basically saying that I will have to spend more real money (besides my All Access Gold subscription fee) if I want a second adventure potion in one month's time. It's greed, pure and simple, and I hate that I may have to leave Everquest for good, and also not experience EQ Next (which i had high hopes for being a great game), but I will. I am truly at my end.
  13. Yesway Augur

Yes, but you wouldn't be able to buy even one, let alone more than one a month, with the 500 a month now unless you saved up. As it is you can buy one a month, every month, regardless of whether you use it or not and have a stockpile for when you do want to use them. It's unfortunate that this could be the final straw that will cause you to possibly leave EQ all together.

*edit* apparently I assumed you meant adventure potion 3, I apologize if you meant you buy the lower level pots as that would not match up with what I said*
  14. Piestro Augur

Not to beat a point to death, and thank you for the feedback, but the gist of what you are saying is you'd rather have 2 potions of adventure than 1 potion of adventure III? If so I'll include that in my feedback.

Thanks,
  15. bloodbeard Elder

No... in my original post I describe what you should include in your feedback. What I am saying is I want to be able to save my 500sc, a reward I get whether I log in or not, to use when I am able to play. If I understand correctly, the new setup will allow me to purchase one item per month, period. That means I will have to use real money, besides the real money I already spend on the subscriptions, to make a second purchase. It also means I have to login once a month to make a purchase, or I lose even this benefit.

I don't care if it's adventure 1, or adventure 3, or a new chair for my char's home, it's one item. Right now, I log in and am able to afford 2, 3, 4 adventure III potions, if I choose to spend my SC.

If I am subbing, my rewards should accumulate, whether I get to log in or not. There is no reason to pay SOE a monthly sub otherwise.
  16. bloodbeard Elder

What you're missing is that I have times (even a month) where I cannot log in. I keep an all access sub which keeps giving me 500sc a month.
    1) The new setup will not allow me to benefit from the sub, if I am unable to log in for any particular month.
    2) No matter what item it may be, it is only one item per month.

I don't want to leave EQ. I do want to experience EQ Next, and would probably pre-order the game. I've been paying SOE for many years, and have been disappointed at some of their decisions, but I stuck with them. I will not stay if this change is made.
  17. Koneko Augur

I do not personally understand all the Vitol and hate over this change people may not be happy with it but I don't remember when they made it so you needed to log in once a month for the LoN cards people being this mad the one thing about this that I kind of nod and go makes sense is that this is all games that had this bonus are having it changed not just everquest and I will say as far as some people saying they view the 500sc as a discount I stopped viewing mine anything like that once they removed the sub time with sc I myself didn't really use sc much so I feel that a once a month item is a bit better I can understand why others dislike it but not all the hate over it I have had my sc also not pile up each month due to whatever things from what I can tell sometimes and then magically fix it's self and if this is what kills eq for you then I do personally think it might have already been at that point :( but that's just my feelings on it ^^;; yours of corse matter to you but again be glad they did give us a month warning
  18. bloodbeard Elder

In my case, it's not hate, or anger, but frustration over another decision by SOE. I'm just saying that it will no longer be worth it for me to keep a recurring sub, and SOE will lose money because of their decision.
  19. CrazyLarth Augur

I due know some servicemen who pay by the year and cant play for periods of time, this change does effect them. The 500 recuring allowed them the use of the SC when they got back,
  20. Geroblue Augur

I spent over 1000 dollars on SC cards last year. I see no reason to continue that.

I used the SC to buy 100 SC gear items for many of my characters. I'm disappointed on this change. I never buy house items, rarely mounts. After gear, I buy Adventure III. I have noticed I was buying more and more Adventure III potions. The 500SC was nice, and got me to add 2 more paid accounts, for a total of 3 paid accounts.

Very likely I'll be converting my 3 paid accounts to silver or FTP. I'll loose much, but I see no reason to continue to funnel my money to SOE.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.