Customer Service Announcement: Gold Membership

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Piestro, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Draego Augur

Here let me just fork out $25 extra to get ONE Shared Exp 3 potion, when all I have to do is take a FREE Shared Exp 2 pot for two months and not have to spend a thing......

Thinks I like Piestro's suggestion more.... but thats only my opinion.
  2. smash Augur

Basically you take away the option of saving SC away from us, so we cannot save up for example bundles of bags and other stuffs like that.

Also I dont like to be FORCED to spend my SC on something I really dont want, I want to decide MYSELF when and on what I wanna buy.

Example, I dont want Heroic armor, xp potions, mounts, illusions and such. I personally dislike the Heroic armor, I already have the illusion I want, I have the Mount I want. Can I rid on 2 mounts at same time, or use 2 illusions at once ? No.
    You mention shared xp poton III, I am maxxed in xp, and dont need.

My suggestion would be to make a thing, that give a 500 SC thing, which you can buy for the 2k you will give each month. Then I can do as I want to, and you can do Things you want, og giving people more value for Money as you call it.
    Otherwise it is really LESS value for Money.
    Indrigoth and Draego like this.
  3. Phancy Elder

As someone who does alot of housing projects and has enjoyed buying Player Studio items this is a major blow. I am sure it is partially because of the % the Player Studio people have to be paid that this is being implemented. It will be interesting to see if the 2000 items that Sony comes up with are of any worth at all
    to those of us who rarely use an experience potion outside of new levels being implemented.

I don't expect things for FREE. I was not raised that way and have worked through EVERY expansion in the game even though I did not start playing until PoP. Just don't give out a perk and then change it and tell us
    that is for our benefit when it is obviously for the benefit of Sony alone.
  4. LordZeez New Member

I have not played this game for over 2 years. I realize I am not the norm but I played this game for a VERY long time. Since Ruins of Kunark came out. I enjoyed many years developing my character, raiding and doing many end game events expansion after expansion being on the cutting edge of new. I am not ready to let go of the game and characters but the one thing that kept me gold was the 500 station cash I was receiving every month knowing that when the time to return to Everquest arrived I would have a small fortune saved up to help catch me up to all that I missed. Now not logging in or even having this game installed on my computer convince me why I should keep it gold?

I am also not alone because I know of at least 4 other players that im RL friends with who have all been doing the same thing. We are all cancelling our gold if this goes live because there is absolutely no incentive to keep it.

One of my RL friends who will remain anonymous works for SOE in San Diego and even he/she thinks this is a bad idea. You are just ensuring that people like myself will cancel our gold memberships and since its free to play we come back when we feel like it not having given you 1 more cent.

My recommendation is to offer this 2000 a month for people who use it and if nothing was bought that month then they get the 500 station cash. You want an option there is one that would please all your players. But this isn't about pleasing your players anyways or that would have been the announcement.
    Indrigoth likes this.
  5. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

This is wrong (except for PS probably being the reason).

"The ONLY reason any of this ever became an issue at all was because of Player Studio items. "(this is probably right)
    "Player created ----Yes"
    "Player gets paid --Yes" (player gets 40% SOE gets 60%, a very fair deal, but remember SOE gets money on every purchase too)
    SOE able to report income generated and shared with players --Yes NO. We do not get any sales reports only a single check each quarter. We have no knowledge of what items or even what games are selling best.

Any transaction in the marketplace is NOT SUBJECT TO TAX, it is a 'virtual' transaction. SOE pays tax on the money they collect from you buying SC whether you spend it or not. Player Studio artists pay income tax on the the check they get from SOE.
    IceSy likes this.
  6. cfreining New Member

After going through the staff in the Marketplace,

It will not really affect me.

- Bayle Marker is in the 230 bundle a good deal, even if I would lose 1000SC, I would get 500SC more then today.
    - Same thing with the 100 piece bundle of the Expedient Delivery Vouchers.
    - XP Potion III is ok.

The only thing that should be given as bundles are the Fighter stat potions (Alacrity, Health, Replenishment and Ursine) and Mage stat potions (Clarity, Spirits, Avian and Cetacean) With three of each it would be a good deal, with four of each it would be a great deal. Or a bundle for each single potions type with 10 potions (1000 SC value). If there is a special offer on potions (like 50% off) then increase the number of potions (double in case of 50%).

For me it seems, I would gain value. Maybe some of the bundles may be increased to get closer to the 200 SC value, some bundles need to be introduced to get the smaller potions closer to the 2000SC value. On the other hand, I am a player which buys quite some SC as well.
    Draego likes this.
  7. Draego Augur

While I understand your disagreement, I do not think you fully understood what was said, so I took the liberty of making sure we're on the same page.
    Unless you get a W2 or other appropriate tax info form from SOE then you absolutely AGREED to everything I said, and unless you get a W2 or other appropriate tax form, the likelyhood of correct reporting to the IRS is next to nil.
  8. Phancy Elder

Draego what does Sony's bad paperwork to the Player Studio artists have to do with this change?
  9. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Every PS artist files a W-9 before any item is offered for sale. W2 is witholding which has nothing to do with it.

The IRS is informed by SOE about every check they send PS artists, just like every other employee or contract worker for SOE.

**EDIT** not trying to argue with you Draego. Just wanted the facts not conjecture.
  10. Phancy Elder

I saw no post from the IRS demanding that Player Studio get screwed over.

The very success of the artists shows that they are actually listening to the player base that uses their products. Oh wait that is enough for a nerf.
  11. Reyed New Member

If you don't like how a company you're doing business with is treating you....walk.

I cancelled Comcast cable TV service on Saturday over a 30$ cable they wanted me to pay for. I cancelled my 4 gold subscriptions here because this change does not bode well for future "enhancements."

I'll be saving about $800.00 a year by not paying a monthly sub (and also buying additional SC) here and about $900.00 a year by cancelling Comcast. Maybe I'll go to Spain again this summer. :)
    Leeroy Jenkins and Indrigoth like this.
  12. Piestro Augur

So good items for you are ornamentations and titles. What other types of stuff would you like? The more details we have about what you want the more likely we are to produce items that you would enjoy.
  13. Draego Augur

I think you have it wrong.

The only reason I stated anything about this having to do with PS at all, is because PS items are considered taxable income, not just for SOE but for the player designer.

Not sure why you are not getting the reason for the mentioning especially since you addressed this right before I commented.
    No worries, weren't sure if we were actually on the same page or not, so I had to make sure.

Personally I don't have time to sit by and create designs for a company that overlooked several application attempts, so I wasn't sure what type of tax form was used in this instance but I knew one would be used.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  14. Phancy Elder

Piestro you only have to look at the housing threads to see what those of us working on houses would like to see. You could even put more useful "tradeable" items (not like the sarith vendor stuff that you can not even sell back to a vendor) on in-game vendors. Of course that would mean someone at Sony would have to design the products.

Or when you do re-release items like the Winter trees they could be placeable like the original product you sold years ago.

I play to raid but I enjoy doing housing in my down-time and have spent quite a bit in additional SC.
    Now I might look at your offer once a month and never visit the Marketplace again.
  15. IceSy Augur

Those of us doing Player Studio, are technically "free-lance" / sub-contracted. There fore SOE does NOT pay our income taxes out of the checks we get,. we have to, much as if you hire a subcontractor for a job. Also, we get NO sales report,.. in any way shape or form. SOE does take out fees related to the sales of the items we make before they give us our 40% cut. In all reality, we manage more closely to 30 cents on the dollar in actual earnings.
    And this change to the "gold member perks" is not due to Player Studio. But I have a feeling we will see a drastic drop in sales due to it.
    Indrigoth and MasterMagnus like this.
  16. Piestro Augur

Housing is one area that I'll be specifically bringing up in meetings and reports in regards to this change.
    MasterMagnus and IceSy like this.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Pie can you add Metamorphs (pet illusions) to your list to discuss please, these are normally 200 SC, with 3 mages, 3 shaman, a beastlord and a necro it tends to be where most of my SC cash has been going, along with the potion of companion's amnesia (pet naming potions) which are currently 250 SC.
  18. Piestro Augur

Will do.
  19. Phancy Elder

Icesy I was not blaming the Player Studio people for the change. I think Sony did not count on the fact that alot of people would spend their 500SC each month on items that they would have to pay out on.
    To me it just highlights that people playing the game know what they want and Player Stuido artists listen and try and re-create those items. There are so many pieces that could easily be done on game vendors like kitchen cabinets to match the items available (tables chairs etc) just no one at
    Sony has ever bothered to make them so Player Studio stuff sells.
    I am sorry for the hit the artists will take after their hard work trying to satisfy the housing nuts.
    MasterMagnus and IceSy like this.
  20. IceSy Augur

Oh I know you were not Phancy. You are one of our (Player Studio's) biggest supporters. And I personally, thank you for that! :D
    MasterMagnus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.