Custom UI not working after last patch

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by CreatorAtNight, Jan 18, 2018.

1. CreatorAtNight New Member

Hi,

I've spent quite some time making a custom UI last week. Since the patch from yesterday none of my custom UI elements are loading. I checked the names of the UI files I changed and they all seem to still have the same names. Is there anything changed that's causing my custom UI files not to load properly? What do I need to do to get my custom UI working again?

I hope someone can help me
  2. JolineSZ Augur

Several people have the problem, funny thing is that I copied a section from default and for me it works, Guildmate did the same and it doesn't help...
  3. S33k3r Augur

What errors do you have in UIErrors.txt

ignore entries like "Warning: file EQUI_EventCalendarWnd.xml not found in directory UIFiles\CustUIv171259\. Attempting to use file from Default skin."
  4. JolineSZ Augur

I had:

UIErrorLog created at Thu Jan 18 19:27:42 2018
    [Thu Jan 18 19:27:43 2018] XML reference error! TextureInfo[4]:A_SliderBackground[389] referenced but NEVER declared!

[Thu Jan 18 19:27:43 2018] Error validating symbol table.
    [Thu Jan 18 19:27:43 2018] Error loading skin: loading default skin instead.

but still having problems, now with my player window
  5. svann Augur

What I did was start a new custom ui folder by copying the default folder. Then I copied each of my mod pieces into the new folder. Then loading ui from that new folder worked. It helps to keep a list of ui mod files so you know what to copy in.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Previously I had been just copying the new files they changed from default, but this time there were too many of them.