Custom Resolutions

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by OldTimer, Oct 23, 2012.

1. OldTimer Journeyman

Is there a way to set a windowed resolution different than what is in the options list
    exp. 2000x1300
  2. Yther Augur

In Windowed mode, just stretch the window to wherever. Or Ctrl+Enter to go to full screen which should match whatever you have the desktop set as. I haven't found any way to specify custom sizes other than that (In windowed mode, pick a resolution close to what it will be to help with sizing of the viewport (most noticeable at character select).

Sorry if not really helpful,

Yther Ore.
  3. TSR-SeanF Augur

Inside of your EverQuest folder look for a file called eqclient.ini. Open this file with a text editor (I suggest notepad) and look for the following values (they will be under the [VideoMode] area):

WindowedWidth=1280
    WindowedHeight=1024

The values next to yours may be different, but for Windowed mode you should be able to change them to whatever you would like. Once the values have been changed simply save the file, log in again, switch to Windowed mode (alt+enter is the fastest shortcut to do this) and you should be good.
  4. Sarkaukar Augur

What is listed are some ways to get what you want, but just in case: If you manually modify the eqclient.ini, I would also suggest changing WindowedMode=0 to 1

Use the following if you have issues logging in first, especially if the resolution is way off or issues logging into the game.
    1. Advanced tools on Launchpad.
    2. Game configuration (preset values, does not read actual system resolution)
    3. Set resolution to 800x600 or 1024.768
    4. Save/close.
    5. Hit Play
    6. Once in game, Alt O for in game Options, Display tab, then video button. If your system is able to scale to that resolution, it will be listed.